Goon Squad is Dumb

One man, one vote

Moderator: Butthurt

mgb519
My Little Pony

Re: Goon Squad is Dumb

Post by mgb519 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:07 pm

Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Overwatch_Elite
In ™ We Trust Overwatch
In ™ We Trust Overwatch

Post by Overwatch_Elite » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:09 pm

delete the entire website and give me ftp access

only through the ashes i will bring us to greatness

Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Post by Zahru II » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:15 pm

All of those listed above can be reposted in relevant or new threads, migrated to a subforum or put on the wiki.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:17 pm

Zahru II wrote:All of those listed above can be reposted in relevant or new threads, migrated to a subforum or put on the wiki.
no migrants allowed tbh just build a wall
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:20 pm

stubby wrote:To be fair, it was me constantly arguing with Brag that drove him away more than anything else, I'm pretty sure. You can't blame goon squad for that one.
Based on what I saw, it's also fair to say that no one buying into his belief that he was better than literally all of us contributed a great deal. I think maybe we made him cry tears of sheer frustration.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:21 pm

Zahru II wrote:All of those listed above can be reposted in relevant or new threads, migrated to a subforum or put on the wiki.
Delete the artwork subforum
Put the threads back in the artwork subforum
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Post by Zahru II » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Works for me! If prose got its own subforum, so should dedicated BW artwork.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:28 pm

And you're saying that by being not directly brikwars related, even good art has no place on the forums? Have you been on any forum ever?
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Post by Zahru II » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:36 pm

mgb519 wrote:And you're saying that by being not directly brikwars related, even good art has no place on the forums? Have you been on any forum ever?
I'm throwing my 2 cents in, that's all. I don't really care for off-topic stuff and only browse threads and subforums about mocs or battles. I only heard about the whole overlution thing a month after it happened because I seldom visit gendis or anything from those parts of the site.

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:44 pm

We need to build a wall, and we need to build it quickly.

The shitposters aren't sending their best. They're bringing memes, gypsies, and cancer.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:49 pm

Ham wrote:and cancer.
The...cancer that cured the forums...?

Oh, god, everybody get out! It's a tra--

KABOOM!

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:52 pm

Bring whiteagle back

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:02 pm

Zahru II wrote:I'm throwing my 2 cents in, that's all. I don't really care for off-topic stuff and only browse threads and subforums about mocs or battles. I only heard about the whole overlution thing a month after it happened because I seldom visit gendis or anything from those parts of the site.
That's not really fair to people who want to be able to connect with other people on this forum about other stuff. And there are a lot of people connecting, make no mistake, and that doesn't mean they don't do brikwars. A forum is a place for discussion. It's in the dictionary:
Dictionary.com wrote:an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.
Public interest is all over the place, and sometimes people go off on tangents that aren't related to the topic at hand necessarily, but lead to interesting discussion. I don't think it's reasonable to say, "oh, Natalya is interested in politics again, I guess she'd better go off to http://www.politicalforum.com for her opinion that I'm not interested in." I'll go ahead and point out that I don't actually know if that's a good place to discuss politics, and it doesn't really matter. Most forums that I have looked at have at least one off topic subforum, and OFTEN more.
You could just focus on the subforums that interest you. That seems to have been doing pretty well for you, if you didn't notice or care about the overlution until a month after the fact.
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:03 pm

RedRover wrote:Bring whiteagle back
Bahahaha
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Post by Zahru II » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:36 pm

It wouldn't be fair, but it would be clean and focused. I'm fully aware that vision is 6.) narrow-minded 7.) short-sighted 8.) completely self-servicing and 9.) too much of a hassle for mods and admins to bother going through anyways.

I figured since I rarely get to speak my mind on the matter, chiming in on the 'I don't like it and I want it to be different' thread was the appropriate spot to voice these sentiments.