Has banning gone too far?

One man, one vote

Moderator: Butthurt

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Has banning gone too far?

Post by Silverdream » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:37 pm

Now, I don't agree with Kastrenzo's reaction or booty bothered, but I do think that he raises some good points. It's one thing to ban users who are clogging up the forum with shitposts, but to ban people who didn't do anything wrong is just annoying at this point.

Rayhawk talked about fixing brikwars with "Everyone's the boss of their own toys", but not a lot is being done for the forum or it's culture. Although Natalya and Shadowscythe have had their legacy of building and contributing, that is not the case today. I'd say Natalya is actually better known for making unpopular decisions (forum music) than building at this point. Although I strongly dislike Zahru as a person, I think he's the only administrator that acts fairly.

This seems very backwards to me when Natalya has said that she's for the expansion of the community but often makes decisions that are against it.

Instead of unjust banning and forum music that everyone turns off, can we have common sense and forum pranks like shitty tit farts or the sailor moon avatars?
Last edited by Silverdream on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PoeDomo_Alt
God of BrikWars

Re: Has banning gone too far?

Post by PoeDomo_Alt » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:27 pm

I'm still relatively new, (RELATIVELY) but I don't think that banning someone for "Allied Nations. Should have done this a while ago" or "NOPE" is a good excuse to ban. I mean, I got banned for asking a shitpost thread to be moved to thunderdumb, that's not an offense, that's just plain decency. So we've lost a great new member because a shithead got drunk. That's a dick move.

bann154-2
Demi-God of BrikWars

Post by bann154-2 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:56 pm

Last edited by bann154-2 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:20 pm

USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST

How the fuck does Nat justify banning someone for posting a link to a metal video? boner-inducing power trip if you ask me.
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:26 pm

Also, maybe Silva can answer this for those of us who aren't in the chat, but how much of this went down there and not on the forums?
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:35 pm

I mean Kastrenzo seems to be bitter about a lot of stuff, so a rant from him isn't necessarily a good meter for how bad it is.

Natalya also seems to go through intermittent periods of doing things for the lulz for no reason. Apparently this time it was banning a bunch of people. But getting mad about it fuels it, and fuels Mike's reason for making her a mod in the first place. I'm sure she does good admin stuff that we don't necessarily notice, so beyond being annoyed once every 1.5-2 months isn't really that big of a deal in my eyes.
Last edited by aoffan23 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:01 pm

aoffan23 wrote:I mean seems to be bitter about a lot of stuff, so a rant from him isn't necessarily a good meter for how bad it is.

Natalya also seems to go through intermittent periods of doing things for the lulz for no reason. Apparently this time it was banning a bunch of people. But getting mad about it fuels it, and fuels Mike's reason for making her a mod in the first place. I'm sure she does good admin stuff that we don't necessarily notice, so beyond being annoyed once every 1.5-2 months isn't really that big of a deal in my eyes.
My problem is that while banning is an annoyance for some people, for others it's a reason to just leave entirely. I know this place has been an anti-forum to reflect the nature of brikwars for a long time, but treating people like this is not a good thing if you guys are interested in building the community.

bann154-2
Demi-God of BrikWars

Post by bann154-2 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:05 pm

Last edited by bann154-2 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:27 pm

Alright, I've just realized these are all one day bans, so I'm withdrawing my complaint. Kastrenzo is overreacting.

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:31 pm

They're a bunch of babies tbh real men get banned for weeks
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

aoffan23

Post by aoffan23 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:39 pm

bann154-2 wrote:
aoffan23 wrote:I mean seems to be bitter about a lot of stuff, so a rant from him isn't necessarily a good meter for how bad it is.

Honestly i for one came here to do brikwars shit build stuff participate in battles and see other peoples stuff not to get banned for no fucking reason.
I agree that it's infuriatingly dumb some times, but every time someone complains about something Natalya does she replies with something like ":troll:" or ":my floppy penis:". And stubby has said that people are made mods and global mods because of either how seldom they actually visit the forums or the hi-jinks they can cause. So complaining only reinforces the idea that it's working.

So you can choose to indulge them by getting mad about it, or you can wait until Natalya gets bored of it again in the next day or two, then continue on as normal. I'm not really helping the problem by adding to this conversation, but I like to hope that there won't be a any discussion about it next time. And also I guess I enjoy talking like I'm smarter than other people. That's probably part of it.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

TheAtomikpunk
wait, I don't get it
Location: Somewhere between fallout 3, skyrim, and brikwars...

Post by TheAtomikpunk » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:41 am

Just putting my two cents in, I was banned for pullingm a Blitzen, but I just laughed and came back today. when people leave because of one-day bans, I think we should celebrate. because we don't need that kind of whiny-immaturity-fit-throwing people on this forum. just saying.
My Stuff
"Remember Vegetables, Stay in Drugs, Don't do kids, and eat your school."

Wise man once said, " Tl;dr the entire rulebook is fudge."

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:32 am

Silverdream wrote:Instead of unjust banning and forum music that everyone turns off, can we have common sense and forum pranks like shitty tit farts or the sailor moon avatars?
:denied: :sbr:

I haven't been following too closely the last couple of days (too sick with flu to keep eyes open long enough to keep up with internet feeds), but from what I can gather it seems like everything's working as intended. Distrust in authority kept respectably high, etc. As far as annoying forum pranks go, I think completely unjustified one-day bans have the advantage of being both mildly funnier and way less annoying than shitpost campaigns, except for Overwatch's shitpost campaigns which are pure gold as everyone knows.

I'm honestly kind of surprised that people are getting this worked up about missing a day of forum access. (And turning it into an SJW thing somehow? What was that about?)
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage
all I have is anthrax and rage

Post by Kastrenzo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:44 am

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Thanks for the input, peanut gallery. I guess having a negative opinion of Natalya entitles you to a lifetime of scorn and ridicule on the forums, now.
Does a one day ban matter? No.
Is Natalya's demeanor cuntish at times? Yes
Will I apologize for saying it, or take it back? No.

I just don't see how you can expect to have much of a thriving community when 95% of it is treated as expendable playthings for the king-shit 5% who hold moderator/admin powers.

So long as the people who actually do BW stuff are left alone, by the ones who don't. We won't have a problem.
It's ogre now, so why doesn't everyone just get in their rocket, and fuck off back to legoland?
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:37 am

Kastrenzo wrote:Thanks for the input, peanut gallery. I guess having a negative opinion of Natalya entitles you to a lifetime of scorn and ridicule on the forums, now.
Does a one day ban matter? No.
Is Natalya's demeanor cuntish at times? Yes
Will I apologize for saying it, or take it back? No.
Well, yeah? It sounds like you're looking for some kind of controversy here, but that's all basically canon. Welcome to the forum. I try to edit out the scorn as much as I can, but the ridicule's for everybody.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?