Attack Minifigs, Not People

One man, one vote

Moderator: Butthurt

Rayhawk
Overlord

Attack Minifigs, Not People

Post by Rayhawk » Fri May 12, 2017 10:52 am

Looks like all the discussions about forum toxicity got deleted at some point - maybe in the Overlution - and there's been some confusion in their absence. So I'm re-posting a summary here. Kind of a follow-up to Everyone's the Boss of Their Own Toys and Quinn Murphy's Rights of Play.

ATTACK MINIFIGS, NOT PEOPLE

BrikWars is for humans' enjoyment and minifigs' suffering. Cruelty against objectified toys is why we're all here. But cruelty against each other has got to be off-limits, if for no other reason than that we can't have a functional forum that way.

If you hate (for instance) flat-earthers, fine. Here's what you can do:
  • Make fun of flat-earth theories
  • Make fun of flat-earth celebrities and spokespeople
  • Not be surprised when no one takes you seriously for arguing about science on a forum about smashing toys into each other
The most likely result of this is that flat-eartherism will become the official belief system of the forum, because that's what happens when people take stuff too seriously here.

Here's what you can't do:
  • Insult flat-earthers as a class of people
  • Use the flat-earther label to write off other forum members
  • Use the flat-earther label to write off their contributions
  • Use the flat-earther label to write off their right to participate
  • Try to hijack everyone else's threads to be about your cringey unhinged crusade against flat-earthers
Yeah, I get it. Flat-earthers believe in something that's scientifically wrong, and you think that gives you the right to be a dick to them. To which I say, great! Go be a dick to them somewhere else. You've got the whole rest of the internet and all the whole wide world that celebrates your right to be dicks to each other. Go crazy! Just don't bring it here.

This isn't about who's right or wrong. You can be 150% right and it doesn't matter. People are allowed to be wrong on BrikWars. Actively encouraged, even. It's our founding philosophy. What this is about is whether you're contributing to an environment that lets people participate, or one that makes them unwelcome, and it's not up for debate.

Now if you really have to express your round-earth bigotry, here's what you should be doing:
  • Make a minifig army of satirized flat-earthers in the worst possible caricature
  • Make a second minifig army of intolerant science purists, also in the worst possible caricature
  • LET'S FIGHT!

---

I didn't think this was something I really had to explain, but for those in the back, TL,DR: If I see any more of this bullshit:
Spoiler
Show
then you're banned, and I scrub all your abuse posts off the forum.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Re: Attack Minifigs, Not People

Post by Tzan » Fri May 12, 2017 2:27 pm

I was reading thru and hit this sentence:
The most likely result of this is that flat-eartherism will become the official belief system of the forum, because that's what happens when people take shit too seriously here.
Then I immediately thought: But what about BeigeCarpet!!
Then hovered over the link, Ah OK he thought of everything ... again.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue May 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Tue May 16, 2017 5:16 pm

thanks stubby, thanks sara anderson

TheAtomikpunk
wait, I don't get it
Location: Somewhere between fallout 3, skyrim, and brikwars...

Post by TheAtomikpunk » Tue May 16, 2017 5:28 pm

Haha, me. thanks stubbman!
My Stuff
"Remember Vegetables, Stay in Drugs, Don't do kids, and eat your school."

Wise man once said, " Tl;dr the entire rulebook is fudge."

SirZaphod
Nice Dubs

Post by SirZaphod » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:39 pm

That's got'ta be the most relevant malwear post yet, if they posted it in a relevant thread it might even stand a chance of tricking someone in to pressing the link.
Don't click the link.