Total votes: 31

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Re: Ragnablok: The Official Thread

Post by RedRover » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:46 am

ninja_bait wrote:
RedRover wrote:
I mean, are you ever going to get around to finishing the Immortal War?

Jokes aside, if this is a widespread feeling then I'll adjust Ragnablok accordingly.
Immortal war isn’t really my thing, it was IM story stuff mostly. Again, I can make it work with whatever so no point in waiting on me. It’s going to be awhile

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:46 am

RedRover wrote:Immortal war isn’t really my thing
AHA!

You aren't Warhead after all!

:busted: :busted: :busted:
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:45 pm

Darkstorm wrote:Before we begin ragnablok, we need to make sure that we figure out some kind of non-kanon mechanism that allows factions that do not wish to participate (why wouldn't you though) to remain as they were, although still able to be in battles.
Battle first, make up justifications afterward. That's the BrikWars way.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:00 am

Given the ramifications of Ragnablok, you may want to move this thread to somewhere other than the sub-forum whose only purpose is archiving old battles.

Anyway yeah, I like the idea. You can make up whatever reason for why it does or doesn't affect you. And having it on a countdown clock, it's a nice way of stopping what happened with New York I/II, and ultimately lead to that shitty peace treaty (I'd add a addendum that the clock ticks down by 1 every X days regardless of battles/soaps/fics). As a community, we have a track record of starting things, but rarely ending them in a satisfying way, the clock fixes that.

Not too sure if the Brootalz are a strong enough foe to carry it. Anything extra that can be thrown in? Would also help people who don't have suitable parts around for Brootalz.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:22 am

dilanski wrote:Given the ramifications of Ragnablok, you may want to move this thread to somewhere other than the sub-forum whose only purpose is archiving old battles.
:troll:
dilanski wrote:Anyway yeah, I like the idea. You can make up whatever reason for why it does or doesn't affect you. And having it on a countdown clock, it's a nice way of stopping what happened with New York I/II, and ultimately lead to that shitty peace treaty (I'd add a addendum that the clock ticks down by 1 every X days regardless of battles/soaps/fics). As a community, we have a track record of starting things, but rarely ending them in a satisfying way, the clock fixes that.
If things look slow, I will probably add a time based tickdown. Something like "one month of inactivity = one tickdown". Alternatively I could always just run something myself :lol:
dilanski wrote:Not too sure if the Brootalz are a strong enough foe to carry it. Anything extra that can be thrown in? Would also help people who don't have suitable parts around for Brootalz.
You can definitely play with other enemies! Skeletons, zombies, dimmies, barnacles, mobsters, etc. Basically anyone who benefits from or creates chaotic violence. Some people have expressed interest in pulling in some version of the Riders of the Apocalypse, and Brikthlulus would be welcome as well. Since Ragnablok happens no matter what, the Brootalz and their allies don't have to necessarily achieve anything in particular - they are not a foe to be beaten any more than volcanoes and earthquakes are.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:51 pm

I’d be interested tying this into my IM story

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:16 pm

Darkstorm wrote:One final thing: I'm ok with the brootalz being one of the harbingers of destruction, but isn't my faction basically the same thing? I already went through one story arc and am about to start another; however, the darklords were literally going to be in a ragnablok story ever since I first created them. I previously was waiting until a later date to use up that arc, but hey, now is as good as ever. Whenever I get around to it. :roll:
Well how about we revive the DRK and have it back stronger than ever? I had plans to get around to making Phoenicia much, much more powerful, however I can still revive the DRK, since the whole point was that it couldn't die unless every darklord dies (and that will never happen) and to have a kind of literally-the-manefestation-of-darkness thing going on. I am also thinking of making them a kind of usable faction to others, obviously for only evil purposes, kind of like warhead shards and other related things.

Obviously keeping the brootalz, I think that my DRK faction is basically a perfect fit for this role, considering my intentions for them from the beginning. Thoughts?
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:36 pm

Literally who
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:57 pm

I don’t know much about that tbh

Darkstorm
oh god

Post by Darkstorm » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:07 pm

Falk wrote:Literally who
:wtf:
Darkstorm Empire
It was all the rage for a bit and then sputtered out after my 6-month absence on the forum.

The faction was built upon the thought that I was going to have them expand very quickly, then get pushed back, then regrow into a new faction which would be my main one. At the same time, I am still planning on putting out storyline that involves ragnablok, although slightly altered now that it's happening very shortly. The DRK is supposed to have a certain thing happen to it and blah blah nobody cares yet I'll get there eventually. I was and still am only offering my faction as another to use to fight against for ragnablok. I'm not expecting the event to revolve around me or any of my participation, however, I volunteered myself upon the request of previous comments:
ninja_bait wrote:
dilanski wrote:Not too sure if the Brootalz are a strong enough foe to carry it. Anything extra that can be thrown in? Would also help people who don't have suitable parts around for Brootalz.
... Basically anyone who benefits from or creates chaotic violence. ...
So, me.
Darkstorm will rise! Someday? Probably tomorrow.
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
I swear I'm not dead, just dead inside
My bi-annual visit trend continues! See you in 6 months as usual.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:01 pm

Anyone been in contact with Scythe over this and the Immortal War? as I am pretty sure he does have 5 years worth of stuff to do. Getting the Immortals (Or a portion of them, I'd certainly throw Omicron Legion in) as part of Ragnablok would help round out the possible villains list.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:31 pm

For what it's worth I do have a rough sketch of 5 year's worth of stuff for my own little Immortal War Sigma Campaign, which is why I'm slightly less than enthusiastic about this whole thing. At the same time I don't have the energy or involvement to step in the way.

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:00 pm

dilanski wrote:Anyone been in contact with Scythe over this and the Immortal War? as I am pretty sure he does have 5 years worth of stuff to do. Getting the Immortals (Or a portion of them, I'd certainly throw Omicron Legion in) as part of Ragnablok would help round out the possible villains list.
I didn't realize anyone was actually even still running the Immortal War... My assumption was that the Immortals would be as concerned about the end of the universe as anyone else, so I didn't include them as a Ragnablok villain. I also didn't want to make it Immortal War 2 or create the impression that beating the Ragnablok enemies would prevent Ragnablok.

It would be mean of me to force anyone to throw out years of planned stuff, but I can only offer you the reassurance that if your Kanon is extremely congealed you will be able to view Ragnablok as a mere hiccup.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:48 pm

I've been planning something epic for a long time now, and your plans for ragnablok in no way impedes my ability to procrastinate about it.

Mesostopholes
Champion
Champion

Post by Mesostopholes » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:03 pm

Tzan wrote:I've been planning something epic for a long time now, and your plans for ragnablok in no way impedes my ability to procrastinate about it.
Seee this is healthy for us all :studgod:
THIS POST IS SEKURED BY SEKURE KORP.