Battle For Treasure - Post-Apocalyptic Setting

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Battle For Treasure - Post-Apocalyptic Setting

Post by Bluefog » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:04 am

Alright, we all had really random armies, there was four of us, decided to break into teams. One team had vehicles (got to use my battle truck) and my ally used a Pizza truck and a weird armored yellow battle van, he called a humvee, I dunno. Anyway, I loaded up my truck with guys, and one Lego Chima Eagle Clan dude was flying, he loaded his vehicles up and we drove into battle. The first moves took place and then we realized that we were going to actually document the battle. So we just took random shots, I'll do my best to explain.

Turn one, like everyone's turn one ever was advancing forward.

Turn two I crashed my battle truck into some fencing behind a deli while my ally did a 180 with his pizza truck to utilize his rear guns, his battle van advanced and started to unload troops. Our enemies, who were defending their treasure, took up the high ground in the 3 storey (not including rooftop) building, which we called "the blue building" since it was blue.

Turn three all my guys jumped out of the battle truck and headed for nearby cover near a giant white monstrosity of some kind. a cathedral? Someone called it that.
I'm not really sure what my ally did. Our enemies (mostly on foot) generally moved around to gain better position in the blue building.

All the other turns, there was lots that happened. I really can't remember a lot. Totally didn't write anything down. Sorry. Especially because it was the best BrikWars battle I've had to date. It was murder and chaos. A trooper with flame thrower who tried to climb up the rope on a grappling hook had the rope sliced by hero Jonah Hex (loaned him out though it broke my heart) the trooper ended up falling onto a truck, his flame thrower exploded, he died, the truck exploded another dude died, one guy gunned his stolen dirt bike to safety.

Another point during the battle Jonah Hex (who borrowed/stole a sword from a lackey hacked apart my battle truck killing 2 people (gunner and passenger) while the driver managed to leap to safety.

Random pics of battle:

Aerial view of the blue building. After we shot the mech off the roof and he fell back crushing a random droid lackey, one dude managed to jump to safefy.

This is the position the battle truck took up before it got chopped up and exploded. As I recall I crashed into the toll booth, the gunner on the top and the passenger shot ineffectively, may have killed one enemy on the roof though. A move or so after however it was destroyed.

Victory pose. Note the treasure chest with assorted jewels. Victory at a very high cost. Those four were the only survivors. My hero, named "Captain JAM" wielding an OT chain blade and gun, and random lackey. My ally's hero called "The Rogue" and his random lackey, She shouldn't normally have been able to dual wield because one gun is very clearly a sniper rifle, but apparently she was able to in a fit of passion, based on the fact her lover/boyfriend/significant other was shot and killed right in front of her. I thought it was ridiculous too, despite the fact he was my ally, and an "I say so goes" roll was required which he won, making the ridiculous possible. Anyway, That's all, again, sorry for the lack of a super detailed battle report, like I said, this is from memory with pics that were taken while the battle was well under way. Next time I'll do better, I promise.
"Hey, you try making love to a complete stranger in a hostile, mutant environment, see how you like it."

Alex
Nice TRIPS

Re: Battle For Treasure - Post-Apocalyptic Setting

Post by Alex » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:58 pm

Looks like a pretty fun battle! I like the evil leprechaun in the one pic.

pkbrennan
Minifig

Post by pkbrennan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:12 pm

The set up is pretty good. Yeah, it is hard to take pics when you're having fun, so no worries.

Meanwhile, this reminds me that I need some base boards...
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Post by Bluefog » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:26 pm

With the exception of my vehicle (the battle truck) and figs, nothing is actually mine. I have a good friend who has a hobby store. He has huge tupperware containers filled with yellow, red, black, blue, grey, and white bricks, smaller bins with the more rare colours like the different shades of grey and brown, he's got base plates, tons of technical parts and any special pieces sorted out for convenience, like one by ones that tend to end up at the bottom of a bin (so annoying) He also has a couple giant tables. This particular building set up has roughly 9 base plates, so far we've taken apart our castle to create the city scene, has made for some crazy battles.
"Hey, you try making love to a complete stranger in a hostile, mutant environment, see how you like it."

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Post by Vami IV » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:41 pm

POST CENSORED FOR FOLLOWING REASON(S):
  • -PRE-2014 VAMI
Last edited by Vami IV on Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cakeman » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Vami_IV wrote:Nice battle. Makes me yearn for my Legos, despite being buried under a thousand thousand boxes.
Know the feeling... anyway, commenting on Bluefogs battle: Looked like you had a lot of fun! Pictures are sharp, the setup looks really interesting with a lot of buildings etc, the figs look fun and vehicles great. I'd like to see them presented in the armory section. I'm a little less satisfied with the report itself as there's nothing to follow. So next time take more shots during and you'll get more positive comments here. And show us the armies!

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:03 pm

I like your blue building facade. It looks good, and allows for all sorts of indoor maneuvering and carnage.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Post by Bluefog » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:47 am

Cakeman wrote:
Vami_IV wrote:Nice battle. Makes me yearn for my Legos, despite being buried under a thousand thousand boxes.
Know the feeling... anyway, commenting on Bluefogs battle: Looked like you had a lot of fun! Pictures are sharp, the setup looks really interesting with a lot of buildings etc, the figs look fun and vehicles great. I'd like to see them presented in the armory section. I'm a little less satisfied with the report itself as there's nothing to follow. So next time take more shots during and you'll get more positive comments here. And show us the armies!
The only vehicle that was mine I posted a pic of in the armory. There are some pics of "Battle Truck" in an old thread I made "My Army" just to warn you though, the actual pics of the army were taken with shitty lighting and my flash kept going off so some didn't turn out great. The Battle Truck pics are on the next page I think? Somewhere in there.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:00 am

That blue building makes me jelly.

Bluefog
Cannon Fodder

Post by Bluefog » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:34 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:That blue building makes me jelly.
I should have pics tomorrow of the updated version too. Took out the weird park/deli and replaced it with another building, a yellow building, made cubicles and put computers at them. Also, we added walk ways from building to building on three of the five buildings, the smaller grey buildings had an additional storey added and windows as well.... but yeah, pics to follow, and... hopefully... a much better battle report.