Page 2 of 4

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:18 pm
by Moronstudios
Ross_Varn wrote:Silvadream- what? I'll put you in as my second.
He might as well be the second for each person, i don't see why we need three.

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:43 pm
by Ross_Varn
Tis true. Did not think of that, thank you.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:27 am
by Killer Karetsu
Gah and almost all my figs are in the big zombie battle which would be great for this but I am afraid it won't be ready for halloween.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:20 am
by Colonel-Kermit
If we are going to post a battle does it have to be Halloween based or can it be what ever we want. For example hippies vs transformers or do you want it more along the lines of skeletons vs vampires.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:32 am
by Moronstudios
Colonel-Kermit wrote:If we are going to post a battle does it have to be Halloween based or can it be what ever we want. For example hippies vs transformers or do you want it more along the lines of skeletons vs vampires.
You only need to post a battle report on Halloween, it can be of any theme or themes.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:08 pm
by BFenix
The idea is great but the timing is kinda bad. I wont be playing Brikwars on Halloween, got way bigger plans for this year :?
Couldn't we post a battle from 29th October or 1st November? Im going to like, 3 different Halloween costume parties

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:25 pm
by dilanski
Unfortunately I'm going on holiday, on the 1st and will be busy on Halloween, can I play the battle before Halloween possibly the Wednesday and post it on Halloween.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:07 pm
by Moronstudios
BFenix wrote:The idea is great but the timing is kinda bad. I wont be playing Brikwars on Halloween, got way bigger plans for this year :?
Couldn't we post a battle from 29th October or 1st November? Im going to like, 3 different Halloween costume parties
This seems reasonable, what do you think Ross_Varn?
dilanski wrote:Unfortunately I'm going on holiday, on the 1st and will be busy on Halloween, can I play the battle before Halloween possibly the Wednesday and post it on Halloween.
Yes, that is fine. The contest is, after all, to post a report of the battle on Halloween. It is fine to play the game before Halloween, and then post to report on the 31st.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:40 pm
by Ross_Varn
It doesn't really matter, I'd just like it to be on Halloween to encourage a huge dose of Brikwars on... somebody's birthday. Not sure if it's Mike's or the game's. Anything with HH in the title from the day before and the day after will count.

And no, you don't have to play it on halloween, and it doesn't have to be themed. Just as long as you post it on halloween it counts.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:00 pm
by BFenix
Ross_Varn wrote:It doesn't really matter, I'd just like it to be on Halloween to encourage a huge dose of Brikwars on... somebody's birthday. Not sure if it's Mike's or the game's. Anything with HH in the title from the day before and the day after will count.

And no, you don't have to play it on halloween, and it doesn't have to be themed. Just as long as you post it on halloween it counts.
Ah great, thats good to know

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:09 pm
by SnakeMittens
I finally figured out how to post pictures onto the forums, so I'll hopefully do one.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:16 pm
by solvess
I will most likely be posting a battle.

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:26 pm
by dilanski
Ross_Varn wrote:Not sure if it's Mike's or the game's..
To get it clear, Brikwars was published late 1995 (not sure when) but it spent most of its life being passed by e-mail, and being altered along the way. It eventually found a permanent home. From what I've read it was never called Brikwars at first but later became that.

On Halloween of 1998 Brikwars II was released as the first main version of Brikwars

Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:54 pm
by Ross_Varn
Cool, thanks Dil for the explanation.

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:16 am
by dilanski
Whats a shiny metal?