For Great Justice, Part Two: Justice Under Siege

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Re: For Great Justice, Part Two: Justice Under Siege

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:46 pm

You'll find out about them when they're revealed. I honestly don't know if this is common practice. I think I've seen it both ways but that's how I'll be doing it here. Stay tuned.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:57 pm

More Overwatch Shots, for your convenience.

Overwatch E
Closeup on Engine (Interior) and Coal Car.

Overwatch F
Closeup on First Passenger Car Interior.

Overwatch G
Closeup on Second Passenger Car Interior.

Overwatch H
Closeup on Third Passenger Car Interior.

Overwatch I
Closeup on Boxcar Interior.

Overwatch J
Closeup on Caboose Interior.

Overwatch K
Closeup on Boxcar and Caboose, showing sliding door.

Overwatch L
Closeup on Passenger Cars.

Overwatch M
Closeup on the front of the train.

Overwatch N
Perspective Shot.

Navigation

Justice Under Siege Index

Next: Round One
Last edited by Quantumsurfer on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:12 pm

Just need Space Marshal and DISSECT orders for Round One, please.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:34 am

Previous: Presentation Addendum

Thanks for your patience. This has been a learning exercise. Let's get this train rolling.

Round One

Extras: Teams earn +1 CP at the end of the round. Each Kill from here on out will earn +1 CP. The train barrels forward.

Vamp Turn 1a
Solth (the vamp with the green Mohawk) and Loust (the one with the blue hairdo) race forward and swoop in easily alongside the rear flatbed.

Vamp Turn 1b
Gried, the vamp leader, displays a mastery over his mount when he kicks the turbo and sends the Storm Racer flying toward the train. He executes a perfect bunny hop and slides from his seat as he passes over the flatcar.

Vamp Turn 1c
Gried executes a backflip as his Racer slams into the ground on the opposite side of the train. He lands, tottering and arms waving for balance, on the edge of the flatcar. Meanwhile, Rath (the yuppie vamp) slides in beside the boxcar. He locks eyes with the DISSECT Leader and knows the man has him dead to rights.

Civ Turn 1a
Brandr (the brown haired server) moves into the forward passenger car, pulling a lighter from his pocket as he goes. Min (the pink haired server) sees him coming and knows what he has planned. She pulls a cleaning rag from her own pocket and begins stuffing it into the wine bottle she’s carrying.

Civ Turn 1b
Brandr tosses the lighter to Min, who slides a window open and prepares to create a Molotov Cocktail.

Civ Turn 1c
Borya, Hero of the Rails, knows his train like the back of his hand. He senses the danger coming to it and dashes from his Caboose. He swiftly climbs to the top of the boxcar and, in a movement belying his short stature, barrels forward all the way across the top of the car.

Civ Turn 1d
Alcibiades, the mechanic, has locked the controls in place per protocol. He spends his turn fiddling with the communications equipment and almost gets it tuned in right (Civilian Communications 2/4).

Forester Turn 1a
Little Jack discovers a pie with a stylized “H” stamped in it. Good old Hez, returning the favor owed. Jack supposes this makes them even then. He is glad he did those clowns a solid now. He grabs up the pie and, partially to obscure his action and partially because he really is tired of this shit, complains about the cramped quarters.

The Third Passenger Car takes a point of Size Damage and is reduced to Size 9.

The 4H Pie counts either as a Consumable worth a +2 Bonus instead of a +1 or as any one time use Item Little Jack requires, “baked” into the pie.

Forester Turn 1b
Rada (the overly cheerful Medik) swoops in toward the rear of the train along with the two Rangers, Ruadh (the redheaded one) and Sigrun (with the pink lipstick).

Forester Turn 1c
Together, they perform an intricate aerial ballet with superb skill and control. Ruadh sweeps up next to the boxcar and pulls a Ranger Trick to boost his Racer up and over onto it, matching its speed and heading precisely. Sigrun pulls a similar trick and flips the back end of her Racer around, firing out a small bucky that anchors it to the boxcar. Rada dives under at the last moment, aiming to either slide in next to the car or smash through it.

Forester Turn 1d
The other four Foresters make a beeline for Little Jack. Iorwerth (thin stache) and Shani (red lipstick) angle their Racers upward to avoid smashing into Gried’s landed bike. Hector (wax stache) spins his bike to avoid a large cactus as he races across the sand while Jarek (angry eyes) slams his Racer into overdrive and zips toward the train.

Elf Turn 1a
Amandil, Lord Shaman of the Elf Clan, sends out a pulse of Primal Magik. His subordinates, Calenfin (green hair), Luindraug (blue tattoo), and Ascadae (sleeveless), respond to the pulse and send their own magiks out to mingle with his. Together, they tap into the wild spirit of this desert. A gust of wind and sand picks up and begins to swirl lazily around them.

Elf Turn 1b
Within moments, however, the wind begins to howl and a full blown sandstorm surrounds the elves. They push their bikes forward, hard into the storm, and it follows them obediently, a wall of sand gusting before them threateningly.

The elves’ combined SN Dice are present in the sandstorm that envelops them. There are still gaps in the storm, as it is not an entirely natural occurrence, so they can still be fired upon. However, targeting the elves while the storm stands will mimic the effects of Firing Blind. Unlike the normal ruling, a -5 Skill Penalty, the SN Dice themselves will debuff Skill Rolls that target an Elf. Once four attacks (one for each SN Die in the storm) are made against the elves or the storm, the sandstorm will die out.

Dissect Turn 1a
Lieutenant Fleisher decides not to take his shot on Rath and instead chooses to get the hell out of the way of the doors, perhaps wisely so. He orders the other man, Balog (lefty), to take a step back as well. Master Sergeant Bouchard and Dexter (righty) stay put. They all prepare to unleash hell on anyone stupid enough to enter the car.

Marshals Turn 1a
Ferrous the Fist raises her mitts in a half threatening, half placating gesture toward Little Jack. “Whoa, there, big fella, take it easy. We don’t want things to get difficult, do we?” She sounds as if she really, really does. Jack regards her calmly and chuckles a little. Marshal Walker moves back into the car with Quick Jimmy (knives) and El Gringo (rayguns). Quick Jimmy stands up and readies his knives while Walker and Gringo open the windows on either side of the car and prepare their own actions.

I have decided to allow the Marshals to choose their own alternate Personalizations. Walker’s shotgun is a MasterBlaster, which can alter its ammo type on a whim. This is less mechanical than the ammo swap ability Gringo originally had available but more context specific. Ferrous gains a SN d4 which can only ever be used when throwing or damaging objects. Jimmy chooses the Personalization originally laid out for him, his knives counting as ammo and serving as both ranged and CC attacks. El Gringo modifies his rayguns to fire high powered taser rays. They have an extended 8” range, have a more accessible UR of 2, and increase the UR of the Skill Roll a character needs to wake up from unconsciousness from 4 to 5. These choices are permanent.

Round One Overwatch A

Round One Overwatch B

Round One Overwatch C

Round One Overwatch D

Round One Overwatch E

Overwatch Breakdown
Spoiler
Show
Foresters

Abilities
1CP
Fleet

Efficiency Score: -1

Roster
  • Little Jack (Hero)
    • Move 11, Armor 2d6 + 1d10
    • Heroic Artifakt: Master sphincter’s Soul, Championship Belt
    • Cyborg Arm (UR3, CC, 2d6, also counts as Bare Hand), 4H Pie
  • Iorwerth (Forest Medik, Thin Stache)
    • Skill d8, Ker-Triage!, Tracking
    • Hand Axe, Crossbow
    • Inventory: MedTool
  • Shani (Forester, Red Lipstick)
    • Skill d8, Tracking, Piloting
    • Hand Axe, Crossbow
  • Hector (Forest Medik, Wax Stache)
    • Hand Axe, Crossbow
  • Jarek (Forester, Angry Eyes)
    • Skill d8, Tracking, Piloting
    • Hand Axe, Crossbow
  • Rada (Forest Medik, Big Grin)
    • Hand Axe, Crossbow
  • Sigrun (Ranger, Pink Lipstick)
    • Skill d8, Tracking, SN d6 (Ranger Tricks)
    • Hand Axe, Crossbow
  • Ruadh (Ranger, Redhead)
    • Hand Axe, Crossbow
Loot Score: 1

Kill Table
0 Kills
0 Deaths

Kill Score: 0

Badass Moments
Aerial Ballet, Foresters T1c

Badass Score: 1

Objectives
  • Primary Objective (Incomplete): Rescue Little Jack. You can’t trust anyone involved in this, so you need to eliminate anyone who will chase after him before escaping the field.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Escape with the Reward Chest. The boss rightfully earned that.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) the Elf Clan. Those bastards have it coming anyway.
Objective Score: 0

Space Marshals

Abilities
1CP
Kit and Caboodle

Roster
  • Marshal Obadiah Walker (Hero, White Hat, Brown Suit)
    • Skill d12
    • Personalized Shotgun
  • Ferrous “The Fist” (Marshal, Brown Hat, Rose Jacket)
    • Skill d8, Move 7, Multitasking
    • Personalized Power Fists (Also count as Bare Hands and Shields)
  • Quick Jimmy (Marshal, Black Hat, Black Duds)
    • Skill d8, Move 7, Multidexterity
    • Personalized Knives
  • El Gringo (Marshal, Sombrero, Poncho)
    • Personalized Rayguns
Loot Score: 0

Kill Table
0 Kills
0 Deaths

Badass Moments
None Listed

Badass Score: 0

Objectives
  • Primary Objective (Incomplete): Protect Little Jack. Unconscious, if need be, but make sure he makes it to that SpacePort alive. You have a job to do.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) The Foresters, with the sole exception of Little Jack. The Law don’t back down fer nobody.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Protect the Big Blue Civilians. Alternatively, provide at least one kill assist per Civilian. The Law serves the Public.

DISSECT Team

Abilities
1CP
Nano Base

Roster
  • Lieutenant Fleisher (Hero)
    • 3d6 Armor
    • GunBase (Scoped Concussion Rifle), Body Armor
  • Master Sergeant Bouchard (Brown Hair, Soul Patch)
    • 2d6 Armor
  • Trooper Dexter (Righty)
    • 2d6 Armor
    • GunBase (Beam Pistol), Body Armor
  • Trooper Balog (Lefty)
    • 2d6 Armor

Kill Table
0 Kills
0 Deaths

Badass Moments
None Listed

Objectives
  • Primary Objective (Incomplete): Protect the Reward Chest. That’s your ass if someone makes off with the cash.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) the Vamp Bandits. They need to be shown who’s boss.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) The Foresters. They could cause a lot of trouble if they talk. Keep that from ever happening.

Big Blue Civilians

Abilities
1CP
Capable Hands

Roster
  • Borya, Hero of the Rails (Hero)
    • Skill d12, Move 9, Gunnery
    • Steel Driving Hammer (Heavy Weapon)
  • Brandr (Server, Brown Hair)
    • Skill d8, Move 9, Stealth, Gunnery
    • Server Tray (Minifig Tool)
  • Min (Server, Pink Hair)
    • Skill d8, Move 9, Stealth, Gunnery, Ker-Triage!
    • Bottle of Wine with Rag (Minifig Tool/Consumable), Lighter
  • Alcibiades (Mechanik, Blue Hat, Overalls)
    • Skill d8, Move 9, Mechanikal Aptitude, Gunnery
    • Wrench (Minifig Tool)

Kill Table
0 Kills
0 Deaths

Badass Moments
None Listed

Objectives
  • Primary Objective (Incomplete): Protect Big Blue. She’s your lifeblood. As long as it isn’t too badly damaged, it can be repaired. Keep at least four sections from total destruction, with preference on the Engine.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) the Vamp Bandits. Who the fuck do they think they are?
  • Objective (Incomplete): Survive. You’re in this for a better life. As long as one of you gets to keep living, at least they can go on fighting and riding the rails. Death is so boring.

Elf Clan

Abilities
1CP
Primal Magiks

Roster
  • Amandil, Lord Shaman (Hero)
    • SN d8 (Nature Magik)
    • Scepter (Minifig Tool)
  • Calenfin (Elf, Green Hair)
    • SN d8 (Nature Magik), Ker-Triage!
    • Tiger Claw, MedTool
  • Luindraug (Elf, Blue Tatoo)
    • SN d8 (Nature Magik)
    • Tiger Claw
  • Ascadae (Elf, Sleeveless, Pink Lipstick)
    • SN d8 (Nature Magik)
    • Tiger Claw

Kill Table
0 Kills
0 Deaths

Badass Moments
Primal Sandstorm, Elf T1

Objectives
  • Primary Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) The Foresters. Not one survives to perpetuate their despicable evil.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) the Space Marshals. Anyone who aids the Enemy shall know your wrath.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Destroy (or help destroy) Big Blue. It is an abomination.

Vamp Bandits

Abilities
1CP
Vampire Bite

Roster
  • Gried, Master Vampire (Hero)
    • Undead, Vampiric Fortitude (counts as Body Armor), Move 8, SN d12 (Vampire Magik)
    • Inventory: Pistol
  • Solth (Vampire, Green Hair, Sleeveless Suit)
    • Undead, Vampiric Fortitude (counts as Body Armor), Move 8
    • Pistol
  • Loust (Vampire, Blue Hair, Skull Hoodie)
    • Pistol
  • Rath (Vampire, Yuppie, Blonde Hair)
    • Pistol

Kill Table
0 Kills
0 Deaths

Badass Moments
Acrobatic Insanity, Vamp T1b-c

Objectives
  • Primary Objective (Incomplete): Escape with the Reward Chest. Think of it…Royal Blood…yummm.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) the DISSECT Team. Don’t need anyone knowing where the money went, do we?
  • Objective (Incomplete): Destroy (or help destroy) Big Blue. With the train a wreck, the authorities will be sorting through that mess for weeks. More than enough time to slip the guard and move into the big house.
Overwatch Comparison
Spoiler
Show
Efficiency Score
Foresters: -1
Marshals: -1
DISSECTs: -1
Civilians: -1
Elves: -1
Vamps: -1

Loot Score
Foresters: 1
Marshals: 0
DISSECTs: 0
Civilians: 0
Elves: 0
Vamps: 0

Kill Score
Foresters: 0

Badass Score
Elves: 1
Vamps: 1

Objective Score

Total Scores
DISSECTs: -1

Foresters, fittingly, lead the way thanks to a debt repaid. The riders all even out due to their increased maneuverability while the train passengers all start to fall behind due to their defensive stances and the CP increase.
Send Orders for Round Two!

Navigation

Previous: Presentation Addendum

Next: Round Two
Last edited by Quantumsurfer on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:58 am

There was a delay getting this out because LDD is a pain in the ass, sometimes. My advice is to never use baseplates in LDD unless you have to. 4 or 5 of the biggest ones should be fine (especially if you have them mostly or completely covered) but much beyond that and LDD wigs out. I had/have this major problem where the plates and anything of the same color connected to them (directly or indirectly) would disappear whenever I tried to move a brick or place a brick on them. Sometimes this would happen when I went to Hide bricks (like the tops of the train cars or even the damn baseplates themselves) or even when I went to Save. The plates/bricks are still there and I can still interact with them but I can't see them (and can't take screenshots of them). This left me moving something, saving, closing the program, opening it back up, reloading the file, and then taking the screenshot. Almost for each individual movement. Nightmare.

So I tried a bunch of things. I thought I had the problem licked when I slimmed the map down but as soon as I dropped that 1300 piece sandstorm on it, it all went back to hell. So I tried changing the color of some of the baseplates, which mostly works. I've got a lot more leeway than I did before but it still bugs out if I do too much stuff at once. I remembered having read something a long time ago about pattern breaks or checkerboards or something like that and their effects on strained rendering in a 3 dimensional or CAD environment. Vaguely. Super Vaguely. I'm not sure if I'm even remembering a real thing or if I was just suffering from wishful thinking. Does anyone know if I have any idea what the hell I'm talking about?

Also, you'll notice a small inconsistency in the backgrounds. I worked backward here. I experimented with making a heat haze but found the effect weird and perhaps too subtle. I'm not a huge fan of the "sandy" noise background, as it looks like the map is sat on top of it, but I can live with it. It works pretty well, I think, on the couple of pictures where there is sky. I particularly liked how it turned out on Elf Turn 1b. The feathered gradient makes it look almost like a perspective fade. If I get any higher sky images, I have some plans for clouds. Do you guys have any ideas on how I can improve the backgrounds?

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:32 am

The speckled ground looks good.
The gradient sky looks good.
The wavy edge of the map looks good.

So to summarize:
Good
Good
Good

Carry on.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:25 am

Thanks, Tzan.

Still need Round Two Orders from DISSECT and Space Marshals.

No rush, though, with it being the holidays and all. We'll pick up more regularly after the new year. I'll send a reminder then.

EDIT: Break is over and the orders are in now. I'll be trying to post this week.

ANOTHER EDIT: I'm halfway through the third turn for this round. Might take a little longer than I thought. These baseplates are killing me. I cut them down another row...that is, I langoliered the back row as promised for the new turn but I didn't add a new front row this turn. So new stuff will start popping up Round 3. Also, I found a design flaw in my 'oh-so-clever' speeder bike design. I thought I did a good job changing stud directions throughout the model while still keeping it compact. Turns out that LDD doesn't recognize certain specific connections when attempting to use the rotate tool. So you know how I've got all the speeders mounted on the ball joints, right? And I should just be able to rotate the whole bike from that one ball joint? Yeah, I can't. I have to move the joint stand separately, adjust it to the appropriate angle, and then attempt to fit the bike back on top at the new angle. Luckily, it's a solid enough design that I can do that last part with relative ease. But the whole process takes forever longer. Especially so because the baseplates don't like when things move around on top of them. So once the stand is moved, in order to keep from bashing my face through the compy screen, I have been moving the bottommost piece to make rotating happen in freespace (and thus not lag like a motherfucker). I have only just realized during this last turn that I could drag the whole affair outside the map and make the adjustments there before moving the whole thing back in and placing it. Still time consuming but far less frustrating. One of those too close to it stupidity things, I suppose. Anyway, next time I do something this large scale, I might say to hell with it and scrap the baseplates anyway. Not worth the headache. Round 2 posted maybe before the weekend is out. Sorry.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:32 am

Previous: Round One

Again, thanks for your patience. I think we can get back on a regular schedule now.

Round Two

Clarification: I had the order of the Foresters backward last turn. In fact, Jarek and Hector leapt the downed racer while Shani spun her bike to avoid cacti and Iorwerth raced ahead. Sorry about that.

Train Turn 2
The train continues to rattle down the rails at breakneck speeds.

Vamp Turn 2a
Gried wastes no time in absconding with the Storm Racer on the flatcar. He hops in and rips the chain holding it down free.

Vamp Turn 2b
He expertly arcs the speeder around and dives deftly through the oncoming Foresters.

Vamp Turn 2c
As he passes beneath them, he whips the chain out and latches on to his own crashed racer. Using the momentum of a flawlessly executed Crazy Ivan maneuver combined with his prodigious vampiric strength, Gried yanks the downed racer free from the rut it carved in the ground and flips it around behind him.

Vamp Turn 2d
The master vampire then slings the racer forward as hard as he can. It slams into the rear end of Jarek’s bike with a deafening crash.

Vamp Turn 2e
Jarek’s racer lurches out of control and slams hard into the front corner of the boxcar. The racer tears a chunk out of the car but the thundering train demolishes the racer in return. It explodes suddenly and Jarek is torn apart. Fittingly, first blood goes to the vamps.

The Boxcar is now effectively Size 9.

The shrapnel from the collision peppers the interior of the boxcar and Master Sergeant Bouchard is thrown against the far wall. He weathers the assault well, though. Borya is forced to bail in order to avoid getting obliterated by the impact. He falls to the flatcar and manages, barely, to hold on. His hammer, however, is knocked from his grasp.

Vamp Turn 2f
Solth and Loust gun their engines and roar forward alongside the train. They make it to the front flatcar.

Vamp Turn 2g
Rath swings his racer around the rear of the train and slide up next to his master, hoping to provide a bumper and help Gried gain control over his mount.

Civilian Turn 2a
Borya isn’t bothered by his fall or his mad scramble to stay aboard the train. He gets up and launches himself forward almost the length of two cars. He snatches up the gatling attachment, slams it home, and swings the gun around to unload on pretty much that whole side of the train. Only one or two characters couldn’t be targeted with arc fire. Unfortunately, almost everyone was hopelessly out of range and every single shot missed.

Weirdly, the shots that would have hit tracked all the way back to the elven sandstorm, which took care of them easily.

Civilian Turn 2b
Min and Brandr continue churning out the cocktails. They don’t yet have anyone to throw them at but they’ve got two of the devilish concoctions now.

Civilian Turn 2c
Alcibiades decides to abandon his civic duty and quits the communications console. Better for the train crew to have all the glory anyway. He snatches up his wrench along the way and figures it will make as good of a weapon as any. He makes it to the back of the coal car.

Forester Turn 2a
While Rada does her best to keep pace, Hector decides to ram the Boxcar door. The attempt is a resounding failure. Neither the car nor the bike are damaged in the collision and Hector continues bumping along the side, trying to regain control and some dignity.

Forester Turn 2b
Ruadh jumps down, dashes over, flips the hatch on the boxcar, and fires a bolt into Balog. The ranger’s aim is uncanny but the bolt by itself doesn’t drop him.

Forester Turn 2c
Sigrun uses her own ranger trick to leap onto the boxcar door and ride it open. Surely, Hector loosened it for her. She spin steps inside and finishes Balog off with another well placed bolt.

Forester Turn 2d
Shani and Iorwerth ride forward and straighten up their path. Shani extends a net as the two try to line up and link the net in preparation for catching Little Jack on his way out.

These Storm Racers are too small for Little Jack to pilot. His girth is also a problem for a single racer to manage well in dragging him about. Two racers can manage him between them but one racer alone would be at half speed with him hanging off of it.

Forester Turn 2e
"Marshal! Look what I found! Contraband! You should confiscate it and go search the train for any more contraband!" Jack tries for sincere. The Marshal eyes him incredulously. “What are you playing at, Jack?” Clearly, Jack is not very good at manipulation.

Forester Turn 2f
“Eh. Boring conversation anyway. Here, have some, it’s the bomb,” Little Jack says as he tosses the pie toward Ferrous. Her eyes widen. “What the…!”

Forester Turn 2g
“Boss! Wait! We don’t have the net ready!” Shani yells. “No time!” Jack yells back as he smashes through what’s left of that part of the wall and leaps from the train. Unfortunately, his heroic leap took him much too far and he overshoots both racers. The pie splats and explodes, throwing Ferrous through the door and out onto the couplings. She manages to survive the explosion, though.

Clarification: I realized the “anyone who will chase after him” in the Forester’s Objective was a little vague. To be clear, this refers only to the Space Marshals.

Elf Turn 2a
The elves redirect their supernatural energies and summon up a swift desert wind. It sweeps forward and begins devouring the sandstorm.

Elf Turn 2b
They floor their racers in a mad sprint, the sandstorm quickly being converted into the desert wind along the way.

Elf Turn 2c
The last of the sandstorm vanishes and the desert wind kicks up a powerful gale that launches the elves forward at breakneck speeds. Amandil heroically attempts to use his shamanic power to sever the connection between the box and flatcars. The sheer eldritch energies flowing around him and his companions make it difficult to concentrate however, and he fails.

This was a critacular extravaganza. Even the slowest elf traveled over 45 inches. Also, a reminder: severing the cars will have the tactical advantage of taking enemies out of the fight but severed cars do not count for objectives if they leave the map.

Dissect Turn 2a
Bouchard pushes the debris out his way, steps right up to the hole in the boxcar wall, jams his rifle up against Hector’s wavering bike, and blows a hole clean through the engine.

Dissect Turn 2b
As the bike takes a dive, the front end bounces off the ground and rockets toward Ascadae’s bike. It doesn’t quite make it there this turn. If she is still in the same place next turn, however, they will likely collide. Hector himself saw this all coming and had time to bail onto the empty flatcar. He is disrupted.

Hector should have his equipment in hand. Let’s assume he’s in the process of drawing it out.

Dissect Turn 2c
Lt. Fleisher activates his Nano Colony and transforms his rifle into a longspear. He lunges forward and drives the spear directly through Sigrun’s gut. She only has a moment to register surprise before her lifeless corpse falls from the train.

Dissect Turn 2d
Dexter exits through the top hatch and is immediately drawn into close combat with Ruadh. He too activates his Nano Colony and comes up with a sword. The two combatants lock weapons and steely eyed gazes but neither man succumbs.

I did mess up a little here. Nano Colonies can transform into weapons of the same size or smaller. So his beam pistol translates into a hand weapon. I used the right mechanics but the wrong visual presentation. So we’re just going to pretend now.

Marshal Turn 2a
Ferrous regains her footing, reaches over, and yanks the passenger car door from its frame. She walks to the edge of the flat car and stretches back for a hard throw.

Between the explosion and the door, this Passenger Car is now Size 7.

Marshal Turn 2b
The door sails through the air and cleanly decapitates Shani. Since her speeder was leveled, it will continue on its present course and speed. Her head bounces off the net and lands in a nearby bush.

Marshal Turn 2c
Quick Jimmy takes to the roof of the train, hoping to gain a better vantage for his knives. Meanwhile, Marshal Walker loads Weaponized Raspberry Jam into his Masterblaster and fires it toward Jack and Iorwerth. It does absolutely fuck all for damage but has the side effect of being so delicious and sticky that those hit with it spend their next turn licking it off. Both characters are slimed with the stuff and so they will lose either their next Move or their next Action (your choice, Zup). However, the Marshal’s gun is now…jammed. He’ll have to spend a Move clearing it if he wants to use it again.

Marshal Turn 2d
El Gringo steps out onto the walkway and fires his taser rays over the railing at Iorwerth’s racer, hoping to short circuit it. One shot goes awry but one hits. Iorwerth’s racer is now out of control until he can regain control of it.

Round Two Overwatch A

Round Two Overwatch B

Round Two Overwatch C

Round Two Overwatch D

Round Two Overwatch E

Round Two Overwatch F

Overwatch Breakdown
Spoiler
Show
Foresters

Abilities
3CP
Fleet

Efficiency Score: -3

Roster
  • Little Jack (Hero)
    • Move 11, Armor 2d6 + 1d10
    • Heroic Artifakt: Master sphincter’s Soul, Championship Belt
    • Cyborg Arm (UR3, CC, 2d6, also counts as Bare Hand)
  • Iorwerth (Forest Medik, Thin Stache)
    • Hand Axe, Crossbow
  • Hector (Forest Medik, Wax Stache)
    • Hand Axe, Crossbow
  • Rada (Forest Medik, Big Grin)
    • Hand Axe, Crossbow
  • Ruadh (Ranger, Redhead)
    • Hand Axe, Crossbow

Kill Table
1 Kills
3 Deaths

Kill Score: -2

Badass Moments
Aerial Ballet (Rada, Sigrun, Ruadh), Foresters T1c

Objectives
  • Primary Objective (Incomplete): Rescue Little Jack. You can’t trust anyone involved in this, so you need to eliminate anyone who will chase after him before escaping the field.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Escape with the Reward Chest. The boss rightfully earned that.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) the Elf Clan. Those bastards have it coming anyway.

Space Marshals

Abilities
3CP
Kit and Caboodle

Roster
  • Marshal Obadiah Walker (Hero, White Hat, Brown Suit)
    • Skill d12
    • Personalized Shotgun
  • Ferrous “The Fist” (Marshal, Brown Hat, Rose Jacket)
    • Skill d8, Move 7, Multitasking
    • Personalized Power Fists (Also count as Bare Hands and Shields)
  • Quick Jimmy (Marshal, Black Hat, Black Duds)
    • Personalized Knives
  • El Gringo (Marshal, Sombrero, Poncho)
    • Personalized Rayguns

Kill Table
1 Kills
0 Deaths

Kill Score: 1

Badass Moments
DoorJam (Ferrous, Walker), Marshal T2a-c

Objectives
  • Primary Objective (Incomplete): Protect Little Jack. Unconscious, if need be, but make sure he makes it to that SpacePort alive. You have a job to do.
  • Objective (Incomplete, Credit): Eliminate (or help eliminate) The Foresters, with the sole exception of Little Jack. The Law don’t back down fer nobody.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Protect the Big Blue Civilians. Alternatively, provide at least one kill assist per Civilian. The Law serves the Public.

DISSECT Team

Abilities
3CP
Nano Base

Roster
  • Lieutenant Fleisher (Hero)
    • 3d6 Armor
  • Master Sergeant Bouchard (Brown Hair, Soul Patch)
    • 2d6 Armor
  • Trooper Dexter (Righty)
    • 2d6 Armor

Kill Table
1 Kills
1 Deaths

Badass Moments
Boxcar Bloodbath (Fleisher, Bouchard), Dissect T2a-c

Objectives
  • Primary Objective (Incomplete): Protect the Reward Chest. That’s your ass if someone makes off with the cash.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) the Vamp Bandits. They need to be shown who’s boss.
  • Objective (Incomplete, Credit): Eliminate (or help eliminate) The Foresters. They could cause a lot of trouble if they talk. Keep that from ever happening.

Big Blue Civilians

Abilities
2CP
Capable Hands

Efficiency Score: -2

Roster
  • Borya, Hero of the Rails (Hero)
    • Skill d12, Move 9, Gunnery
    • Dropped: Steel Driving Hammer (Heavy Weapon)
    • Mounted: Gatling Cannon
  • Brandr (Server, Brown Hair)
    • Skill d8, Move 9, Stealth, Gunnery
    • Server Tray (Minifig Tool)
    • Bottle of Wine with Rag (Minifig Tool/Consumable)
  • Min (Server, Pink Hair)
    • Skill d8, Move 9, Stealth, Gunnery, Ker-Triage!
    • Bottle of Wine with Rag (Minifig Tool/Consumable), Lighter
  • Alcibiades (Mechanik, Blue Hat, Overalls)
    • Skill d8, Move 9, Mechanikal Aptitude, Gunnery
    • Wrench (Minifig Tool)

Kill Table
0 Kills
0 Deaths

Badass Moments
None Listed

Objectives
  • Primary Objective (Incomplete): Protect Big Blue. She’s your lifeblood. As long as it isn’t too badly damaged, it can be repaired. Keep at least four sections from total destruction, with preference on the Engine.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) the Vamp Bandits. Who the fuck do they think they are?
  • Objective (Incomplete): Survive. You’re in this for a better life. As long as one of you gets to keep living, at least they can go on fighting and riding the rails. Death is so boring.

Elf Clan

Abilities
2CP
Primal Magiks

Efficiency Score: -2

Roster
  • Amandil, Lord Shaman (Hero)
    • SN d8 (Nature Magik)
    • Scepter (Minifig Tool)
  • Calenfin (Elf, Green Hair)
    • SN d8 (Nature Magik), Ker-Triage!
    • Tiger Claw, MedTool
  • Luindraug (Elf, Blue Tatoo)
    • SN d8 (Nature Magik)
    • Tiger Claw
  • Ascadae (Elf, Sleeveless, Pink Lipstick)
    • SN d8 (Nature Magik)
    • Tiger Claw

Kill Table
0 Kills
0 Deaths

Badass Moments
Primal Sandstorm (all), Elf T1
Favor of the Four Winds (all), Elf T2

Badass Score: 2

Objectives
  • Primary Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) The Foresters. Not one survives to perpetuate their despicable evil.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) the Space Marshals. Anyone who aids the Enemy shall know your wrath.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Destroy (or help destroy) Big Blue. It is an abomination.

Vamp Bandits

Abilities
3CP
Vampire Bite

Roster
  • Gried, Master Vampire (Hero)
    • Undead, Vampiric Fortitude (counts as Body Armor), Move 8, SN d12 (Vampire Magik)
    • Chain (Hand Weapon, 2” Range)
    • Inventory: Pistol
  • Solth (Vampire, Green Hair, Sleeveless Suit)
    • Pistol
  • Loust (Vampire, Blue Hair, Skull Hoodie)
    • Pistol
  • Rath (Vampire, Yuppie, Blonde Hair)
    • Pistol

Kill Table
1 Kills
0 Deaths

Kill Score: 1

Badass Moments
Acrobatic Insanity (Gried), Vamp T1b-c
Awesome Vampiric Strength (Gried), Vamp T2a-e

Badass Score: 2

Objectives
  • Primary Objective (Incomplete): Escape with the Reward Chest. Think of it…Royal Blood…yummm.
  • Objective (Incomplete): Eliminate (or help eliminate) the DISSECT Team. Don’t need anyone knowing where the money went, do we?
  • Objective (Incomplete): Destroy (or help destroy) Big Blue. With the train a wreck, the authorities will be sorting through that mess for weeks. More than enough time to slip the guard and move into the big house.
Overwatch Comparison
Spoiler
Show
Efficiency Score
Foresters: -3
Marshals: -3
DISSECTs: -3
Civilians: -2
Elves: -2
Vamps: -3

Loot Score
Civilians: 1

Kill Score
Foresters: -2
Marshals: 1

Badass Score
Marshals: 1
DISSECTs: 1
Elves: 2
Vamps: 2

Objective Score

Total Scores
Foresters: -3
DISSECTs: -2

Vamps take the lead with Elves trailing close behind in second place. The other teams all either fall into the negatives or maintain their previous scores. Foresters fall the furthest into last place due to horrendous losses this turn.

Send Orders for Round Three!

Navigation

Previous: Round One

Next: Round Three
Last edited by Quantumsurfer on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:24 pm

Awesome. I can't believe I missed this. This is what happens when Natalya abuses her status as administrator.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:52 pm

I think starting next turn, I'm going to try to keep to a 2 week max timeframe between turns, giving us about a week for orders and a week for building the turn. Just a friendly heads up. I know some folks, like me, have been busy.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:33 am

You go at whatever pace feels good to you. If you want to start a turn and don't have orders from someone, it really is their fault, so going ahead with the turn is never a bad thing.

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:55 am

I really need to pay more attention to the ldd sub forums.. I always miss everything going in there.

As I said before, your creativity with LDD never cease to amaze me. Those special effects are incredible.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:38 pm

Thanks, BrickSyd. I appreciate that.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:27 am

And it's a month and half later. Things got hectic and weird and I could only work on the less intensive stuff like Death Bowl. I finally had some time and motivation today to work on Round Three and then I hit the Red Wall problem with LDDs update this month. Apparently, during an update, they removed all of the palette files except the Bright Red from LDD Extended. There are workarounds. You can load up a backup palette file and make sure you're disconnected from the internet before diving into LDD. Or you can switch to the basic, grab a bunch of color tiles, switch back over, and use the eyedropper to paint with those colors. I'd rather shoot myself in the head so I'm just going to wait until the LDD team stops fucking up before I get back into it. With a build of this size, and as large as this project is in general, I have enough frustrations. They're manageable and totally worth the end result but there's no reason to get crazy about it and add a bunch more bs to deal with at this time.

Still, apologies for the delay up to this point. Dissonance Entertainment and Transmission House Syndicate will return you to your regularly scheduled broadcasting soon and thanks you for your patience.

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:57 pm

It's ok. I had to do the eyedropper thing to make my gladiators and that was a pain in the ass, so I don't expect you to go through that for something this big. We'll move forward eventually.
Last edited by Zupponn on Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.