Introduce yourself!

A friendly place for friendly people where we all play nice and share.
Forum rules
Play nice with n00bs in the New People threads. Save the abuse, trolling, and pr0n for everywhere else.
Bigfan321
BrikWars Legend

Re: Introduce yourself!

Post by Bigfan321 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:56 pm

Rayhawk wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:32 pm

* - Who are you?
* - Do you live with your mom? (Trust me, this is important)
* - Where do you come from?
* - What is your quest?

I am Bigfan321. Sometimes called Eli.
I do not live with my mother. I live with my husband and two roommates.
I'm from Central Ohio
As for my quest, I'm not sure.

I came across Brikwars AGES ago (2008-ish?) but mostly forgot about it until a couple weeks ago. I guess I just really liked the idea of a tabletop wargame that makes use of my favorite brand of building brick toy.

quiriacus
Battlefield General

Post by quiriacus » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:32 pm

- Who are you?

Quiriacus, but you can call me Matt

- Do you live with your mom?

No

- Where do you come from?

France, living in Canada

- What is your quest?

Reclaiming the throne of England

Food_Truk
I'm going to have to use normal children to test it before I can use babies

Post by Food_Truk » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:08 am

Huzzah, fresh meat new players! Hope you'll have fun with the chaos and disorder.
quiriacus wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:32 pm
Reclaiming the throne of England
Good luck, there's still that lich queen sitting on the throne.

Geometry
God of BrikWars

Post by Geometry » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:37 am

Been lurking around this site for long enough, I think.

Hello, citizens of this forum. Yall can address me as Geometry, but Geo works as well. Currently, the I live with the FBI, and live in California. I plan to have my Vennesetiid empire and The Randoms come to fruition, if it hasn't already, and a story along with it.
"The more carefully you scheme, the more unexpected events come along."
-Dio Brando

"I want to shoot the Deadly SpaceMan with a blastgun point-blank and see what happens next."
-Sigfig Geometry

"Perish."
-Me, to you.

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Post by Space Bunny » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:43 pm

Welcome to Brikwars! I look forward to the content that you make, and wish you good luck on your journey through this 'forum'

SirZaphod
Nice Dubs

Post by SirZaphod » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:19 pm

Hailing from the Empire of the Infinitely Burning Star.
I am SirZaphod but people also call me Sir, Zappy, Zapzap, and Zap.
Yes.
I am from a place that I often refer to as the California of Canada. But for those who have no idea what I am talking about its the Fraser Valley BC. AbbyLug all the way.
We are here to "convert the none believers, to radioactive mist!"

TheThing
Champion
Champion

Post by TheThing » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:53 pm

* - Who are you?
I'm TheThing, 25, pronouns She/Her.

As you might guess I was on here as a kid under the name "TahThing" when I was a little boy. For convenience please don't misgender past me. This is gonna be a bit longer than most joiner messages but I feel i owe an update and explaination to avoid insta ban :?

Well TahThing was a little brat and an idiot. Indeed the worst type of idiot; one who thought she was smart. But I guess you alraedy knew that if you where here back then. She managed to fuck up her final school exams realtively badly but not so badly I couldn't got to a distinctly mid-range university to study Astronautical Engineer.

That really was for the best. Highly suggest going for more practical/technical focused universities over academia for engineering, learnt a lot of hands on skills and the lighter course load meant a lot more free time. Obviously didn't improve immediately, but getting out of university and into work helped a lot.

Got my first and current job in the space industry about 3 years ago, been mostly loving life and working away. Love the space industry, it's so so cool. (and if you can work your way onto international projects, plenty of free flights!)

Concurrent with all that I'd been really been struggling with gender, tbf I probably struggled with it back when as a teen before but just didn't have the knowledge to know that! Learnt a lot about it over the last few years but only Really accepted it in the last few months, It's just... Euphoric. Like having had a puzzle laid out for a decade and only just now finding the missing piece under the sofa.

I guess that's me, the only time i've told a more complete life story was when I had the interview with security to see if I could be trusted with confidential information.

I'm returning here mostly to see how much its changed, what cool stuff everyone is doing, and hopefully also get back into LEGO which i've only dabbled in since. I've got my own flat now with enough storage space I could start bringing my old horde out of storage.

If anybody reading this identifies strongly with the first half of that arc, remember; it can get better. I can't promise a Will but just keep going please.

* - Do you live with your mum? (Trust me, this is important)
NOPE! thank fuck.

* - Where do you come from?
A boring little village in Sussex, England. I've since moved to a boring little town in Hampshire for work. Still better :P

* - What is your quest?
I seek the holy grail

or rather I guess to realise myself, get myself a gender thesnuggler and hopefully medicated! Get my name on some more papers, continue to meet cool people, and continue to work on cool projects.

How do you know it's me? Idk man, if there's something you think could prove it (like recreating a picture I previously posted? idk), I had to make a new account as my old one is linked to a dead email.

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:31 pm

welcome back
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:46 am

Welcome back and congrats!
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:19 pm

TheThing wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:53 pm
Well TahThing was a little brat and an idiot. Indeed the worst type of idiot; one who thought she was smart. But I guess you alraedy knew that if you where here back then.
This is really kind of our brand

TheThing wrote: Concurrent with all that I'd been really been struggling with gender, tbf I probably struggled with it back when as a teen before but just didn't have the knowledge to know that! Learnt a lot about it over the last few years but only Really accepted it in the last few months, It's just... Euphoric. Like having had a puzzle laid out for a decade and only just now finding the missing piece under the sofa.
Weirdly, this is kind of also our brand now. It's more of a hot topic on the Discord than the forum, but that's the new hot trend for the past several years. I don't know what it is about brikwars that brings in all the kids who are just about to discover their gender doesn't work the way they thought it did.

TheThing wrote: * - What is your quest?
I seek the holy grail

or rather I guess to realise myself, get myself a gender thesnuggler and hopefully medicated!
A lot of people believe that the grail represents the divine feminine. Just putting that out there.

TheThing wrote: How do you know it's me? Idk man, if there's something you think could prove it (like recreating a picture I previously posted? idk), I had to make a new account as my old one is linked to a dead email.
Nope! The Tahthing account was the only one allowed to post those pictures. You'll just have to find something else to post pictures of.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

TheThing
Champion
Champion

Post by TheThing » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:38 pm

stubby wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:19 pm
Weirdly, this is kind of also our brand now. It's more of a hot topic on the Discord than the forum, but that's the new hot trend for the past several years. I don't know what it is about brikwars that brings in all the kids who are just about to discover their gender doesn't work the way they thought it did.
I've noticed this else where as well, I wonder if this form of magnetism could be harnessed for navigational purposes. Placing eggs at strategic points along the coast to guide shipping.

Infinity
Officer

Post by Infinity » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:03 am

Welcome back
The most dangerous enemy you can fight is a man with nothing left to lose

:studgod:

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:08 pm

I was thinking about mentioning this but Mike did it.
I think we are up to three people now?
Coming back in just the last few months.

One of the best things about the old forum was the crazy younglings.

Gen. CIO
God of BrikWars

Post by Gen. CIO » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:36 am

Who are you?
I am General CIO, also known as CIO and aCIOthatsRED

Do I live with the FBI?
nope

Where do you come from?
An archipelago of islands that are both historical, geographically strategic, and very, very tropical. (if you really want to know, I'm from the Philippines)

What is your quest?
To play games, share drinks, and have a good time. (and maybe win some games and annihilate whole swathes of minifigs along the way)

I don't play that often as I am engaged with many other projects. But every now and then, you'll hear some dice rolling!
Halo is just awesome (and so am I :D)

Food_Truk
I'm going to have to use normal children to test it before I can use babies

Post by Food_Truk » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:57 pm

Hey CIO, welcome aboard the train without brakes that's BrikWars. The train engineer's drunk, too. :guinness: Cheers and have fun!