The Konvergence - Preludes

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

PRELUDE DALET

Post by Bookwyrm » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:17 pm

PREVIOUS EPISODE: (~X~)

(Recommended Listening:)

Somewhere in the Brikverse, an aging veteran adventurer oversees a bustling war camp posted near the site of an ancient battle, hurriedly preparing for an attack by assailants thought to have been defeated long, long ago.

Loremaster: Master Cantwell! Telepathic communication received!

Galeo: Very good, report?

Loremaster: Adventurer Trey has reported that the Esoterica Metavoth seem to have deployed troops at multiple locations across the northern Wyrdwood to seize the artifact that he and his party have been tracking.

Galeo: And have you found those locations?

Loremaster: We’re working on it now sir.

Loremaster Navigator: Clairvoyant Cartography!

Galeo: Well make it snappy, we need to stomp these freaks out with extreme haste. If they manage to establish a foothold in the area before we can catch up, they have the capability to call up any number of nasty visitors from the Outer Dark to make our job a great deal more difficult. Darius!

Darius: Yes Master Cantwell?

Galeo: Assemble the leaders of the other adventuring parties that have come, I’ll be briefing you all on the situation as soon as we know where we’re headed.

Darius: Right away sir.

Loremaster Navigator: Uhhh, sir? You might want to… take a look at this.

Galeo: What am I seeing here?

Loremaster: Frankly, we aren’t exactly sure. Our spells are reading them as sorts of dimensional rips, but they’re not like any we’ve ever seen before. They’re not the kind of naturally occurring rifts we usually see, but they’re not artificial or magically held open through minifig intervention either. And what’s more strange is that they don’t seem to lead to any of the known planes of existence. They’re almost like… fractures, in the structure of the universe.

Galeo: So where did they come from then? And where are we in relation to these… whatever-they-ares?

Loremaster Navigator: The main fractures have appeared here, here, and here, and smaller ones seem to appear and disappear in clusters around them. Only one overlaps with a significant population, but the largest rift is located near Phyzwik’s Sanctum. As for what’s causing them, your guess is as good as mine.

Galeo: Phyzwik’s Sanctum… that's the old abandoned mage’s tower, right?

Loremaster: Yes, according to reports on the area a group of fey witches going by the name “the Wyrd Sisters” has taken up residence in the structure since it was abandoned by its previous inhabitant, the wizard Phyzwik the Whimsical.

Galeo: Okay okay, this is all fascinating, but let’s cut through the lore talk for the moment. So this is where the Esoterica Metavoth squads are converging, so is it the artifact that Trey was talking about that's breaking the world in these spots? Or is it the witches?

Loremaster Navigator: Like I said, it doesn’t appear to be either, I believe it more likely that master Trey was simply mistaken in his assumption of the cultist’s goals. It does appear that they have some interest in these fractures.

Galeo: Well if there’s one thing I learned from the last time I had a run-in with servants of the Outer Dark, it’s that you never let the bastards near a dimensional rift. Time to go send these creeps back to their gods in tiny chunks. Get the Leviathan in the air, we’ll need all the air support we can get.

Loremaster Navigator: Right away Master Cantwell.

Galeo: Alright, listen up! We’ll be dispatching your teams to locations across this section of forest to investigate dimensional rips and secure them from Esoterica Metavoth tampering. You are to approach, but not enter, these rifts, then secure a perimeter around them and await further instructions. If we are unable to contact you, meet up with the other party in your area and hold your position until you are otherwise notified. This is exceedingly dangerous, so please keep your head about you. Arcos, Deddarm, your two groups can split the eastern half. Eggburtson, Brill, your groups will cover the western portion. Velont, you and the rest of the Partisans are with me. And one more thing! I’ve got twenty gold pieces for the one of you who brings me back the most severed aberration limbs! You’re all dismissed!

Adventurers: *in unison* Yes sir!

Darius: What do you think we’ll find in there, Galeo?

Galeo: Honestly? I’m not sure. But I’ve got a bad feeling that whatever it is, there’s going to be consequences for it when everything is over.

Darius: We’ll be fine, we’ve got some of the best adventurers on the continent backing us up. We’ll make it back safely.

Galeo: That’s not what worries me...

Galeo: What worries me is what we might make it back to.

To Be Continued...

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

P̸̥͇̥̥̼R͈͎̪͉E̯̠̱̖̦̦L͕̦̩̝̲͕̥U͓D͉̰̘͔͔E̤̪͢ ͉͎̳̬̻VA̪͉̯͎͘V̙

Post by Bookwyrm » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:07 am

P̯̰͓̳RE̶̯̦̖͓̭V̺̠̠̗̀I͚̪̮̳̟ͅÓ͓̝̝̳̠U̜S͍͞ͅ ̴̗̺̟EP̨̲͚̠̫̤͈̳I̺̺S̴͓̘͓͍̥̜O͕͙D̰͚̣̀ͅḘ͍͚̙̜̖̞:͍͙̯̖͉ (~̻͢X̙̥͞~̪͇̲͖)

(Ŕ̤̦̲̥̩ͅęc̵o̘͠m͔͠m̮̘̖͈̺ͅȩn͓̝̫̮d̷̹̮͚̖ed̦͚̟ ̬̠L̵͉̰̯̫̜ḭ̞͈͍̙͘s̸͇̱̣̰t͍̠̳͇ͅḙ̮̱͖͓n̴̥͓͎̟̦͉ì̩̱̖̥̝͖n̫g̠͔͈:)

Somewhere in the Brikverse, the Master Builder Primus of a secretive group of BrikMasonic Deadly Spacemen searches across the endless void for ancient relics long thought lost out of time, to bear them unto the one who needs them now more than ever.

To Be Continued…

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Re: The Konvergence - Preludes

Post by RedRover » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:10 am

Go Emmet!

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

P̖̞̀R̶͙̫̗̤͖̤͘͜E̡̳̭̘̯̰̗͟͞L̀͏͉̫̝̫̺̫U͎͕̺̥̰̞̦̳͠ͅD̙E͕̦͇ ̩͍̦͕̹̼̕͠Z̷̧̟̙̞̤͢A̷͚͔͖̝̹Y̙͔̲͈͕͓̮̠I̸̘̣Ņ̺̥͇̪̕

Post by Bookwyrm » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:54 am

P̧̛̯̖͕̀R̫͞E̛͝͏͈͎̳̯̻̹̝̲ͅV̛҉̱̩̱̞͉̜̳̖͖I̫̙̼͓͓̙͇͈͘͝Ó̧̮͚̻̪̮U͙̗͙͇̲ͅS҉҉͎̙̖̳̬̭͕̠ ̢̮͓̲̝͎͘͡E̴̢̘P̨̺̭̝̲̝͝I͈̪̪S̴͖̞O͈̗̞̹͖D͇͇͟͝E̷̯͎̗̲̦̠̕:̪̀ (~X~) (~X~) (~X~)

(Re̴̳ͅc̢̡͖̦̬͓̝̱͉̜͢o͈̤͍͈̪̪̪̤͜͞m̢͇̼̞̯̠͔̼̯͡m͏̸̰̘͔̦̭̭͈e̶̸̼̕n͘҉̖̰̼̥̰̠̳̰ḑ̛̭̣͉̰͇e̛̱͈̫̳d̰̳̬̰̲͢ ̗̕̕L̹͉̗̱͙̪͕͚͝i͎̤̰̻͘ş̸͙̮̣̠͚̦͎̝͝t̸̖͉͖̣̠͉͈ͅe̱͍̼n̻̰͈̝̙̼̩̕i̶̴̫̹͞n̷̗̫͖̻͉͇̝̦͜͜ͅg̢̪͙͓̬ͅ:̟̟̟̞͕̬)

”And so shall it come to pass that the old paradigm shall end, and all of creation will fracture and become one once more. Then they that usher forth the Bitter End, the Horsemen of the BrikPocalypse, shall do battle with the Paragon of the Renewed Brikverse, the Third Coming of the First Deadly SpaceMan, he who would wield the Great Ragnabook against the forces of Ruin to the Glorious End. And lo, all shall be unmade, for good or for ill. And thus shall it be; the Last Hellhunt of the Nehellenium.”

(Continued...)