Secrets Worth Hiding

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Secrets Worth Hiding

Post by Space Bunny » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:48 pm

Straight after the battle in a brootal camp

A wreckage sits in the corner of the battlefield, with miss matched bodies all around.

Kevin the hero gains consciousness.

???: This is much worse then Space Bunny described. A whole battalion of troops destroyed by savages?
Kevin: ... Hello?
???: Ah, you're awake Kevin. Take him to my ship, the mediks should make quick work of his condition.
Kevin: Wait... Giles? What's going on?

Giles: I'll explain later Kevin, but right now we've got to clear the perimeter. I feel that there are still enemies around
Kevin: Wait what is-
Giles: Later Kevin, later.

Giles: I want all the surrounding area cleared of enemies. Spread out.
Troops: On it sir!

Kevin: What the fuck is a space bunny?

Blacktron Troop: Get out of the area! Minaglacia reinforcements are coming in by the dozen!
Blacktron Troop 2: There should be an area around the corner that we can stop at and plan ahead

Blacktron Troop: What's the plan? We have no leader!
Blacktron Troop 2: One of us could be the leader. I suggest that I become leader, as I do have far more experience then the rest of you
Blacktron Troop 3: Really? I am far more capable than you. You barely survived those attacks back there
???: May I be of help?
Blacktron Troop 2: Who are you?

???: The names Bad Mike, and I have many years of experience in 'leadership'

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Re: Secrets Worth Hiding

Post by ninja_bait » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:52 pm

neat! It makes me want to collaborate
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Secrets Worth Hiding - Part 2

Post by Space Bunny » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:51 pm

The current states of the labs are a bit of a wreck, as they move boxes around and try to set up the remains of any equipment they could find after the transportation to the Brikverse.

Kevin: Are you sure you don't know anything about space bunnies?
Prof. Herson: I do not have a clue what Giles would want with bunnies in space! Maybe this is some secret pet project of his that he doesn't want people to know about. It sure does sound interesting. 'Space Bunnies'.
Kevin: That doesn't feel right though... did you see any of this kind of stuff in his memory banks when you were fixing him?
Prof. Herson: I didn't take a look at that part. You do know privacy is a thing, right?
Kevin: Yeah yeah. Is there anyone else that would know this?

Prof. Herson: Kevin, I know as many people as you do right now. If this was back in Anno, then I would have a ton of contacts I could give to you, but right now I haven't had so much time to go out and interact with other people
Kevin: I guess you're right.
Prof. Herson: You should just leave this. It's not even like it concerns you.
Kevin: There's got to be someone out there who would know this kind of stuff!

Troop: Hey, uh, I couldn't help but overhear what you guys were saying, but I may be able to help
Prof. Herson: Excuse me?
Troop: The name's James Pearson, and I'm a new recruit here, but I do have some contacts that know quite a bit.
Prof. Herson We're fine for now. Maybe lat-
Kevin: You know people!? Lead the way
Prof. Herson: Wait-
Kevin: No time to waste!

Kevin: Down... here?
James Pearson: Yep, just down here.
Prof. Herson: This doesn't seem sketchy at all

(To be continued)

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Secrets Worth Hiding - Part 3

Post by Space Bunny » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:37 am

Kevin and prof Herson are lead to a small back alley lab by a Minaglacia soldier, James Pearson.

Dr. Finklestein: My name's Doctor Finklestein, and I welcome you to my lab! This may be a bit iffy in places, but it's a lab nonetheless. Now how may I help you?
Kevin: Hi, the names Kevin. We need help, and James has said that you may be able to help
Dr. Finklestein: Depends on what you need? A trinket, a gadget, a pickled skull of an immortal skeleton?
Kevin: We need information about something called a spa-

Prof. Herson: Wait a minute, how the hell did you get a trans-dimensional time giggling donut!? These things are impossible to catch in one place!
Dr. Finklestein: Oh that? That's just a small little thing I caught during Ragnablok. Nothing much
Prof. Herson: H- How do you have so much?
Dr. Finklestein: It's my life now. Collecting rare artifacts and the such. You seem like someone that can be trusted with this stuff, so just take a look at whatever you want. Now Kevin, what was it that you needed?

Kevin: We're looking for space bunnies. Do you know anything about this kind of stuff?
Dr. Finklestein: Space bunnies? What a hilarious misunderstanding. How did you come across this?
Kevin: Excuse me? A misunderstanding?
Dr. Finklestein: You do know what Space Bunny is, correct?
Kevin: Well, no... Will you tell me?
Dr. Finklestein: Something like that will not be given away so easily, so I require something in return.
Kevin: Like?
Dr. Finklestein: Someone stole something from me, and of course I want it back. It's a small energy amasser. That couldn't be too hard for you to get for me?
Kevin: Who stole this thing?
Dr. Finklestein: A speeder racer in the lower levels of Colerria. I'll show you, just follow me

In the alleys of Colerria

Prof. Herson: This is all so ridiculous! You were a science for a faction of scientists.
Dr. Finklestein: Exactly that. Anything else you want to know?
Prof. Herson: I have so many questions, like how do you pickle an.....

Minaglacia Commando: I've found the deserters, admiral. It's Kevin and Herson, but they've got some others with them.
???: Thank you for the info. I shall see you back at base.

Admiral 49193: I expected this from Kevin, but professor Herson? That was not expected in my calculations. They shall still suffer the fate of deserters; Death.

(To be continued)

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Secrets Worth Hiding - Part 4

Post by Space Bunny » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:47 am

Dr. Finklestein: Here it is. From a first glance, nothing seems wrong with this speeder, but the truth is, it is far more powerful than a stolen speeder should ever be

Dr. Finklestein: Strapped on the back of it is my invention, an energy amasser. It's purpose is to transport an object forwards for a certain amount of distance in a matter of seconds. This one is just a prototype, but it can still do a small jump forwards with the quick click of a button and with a full charge.
Kevin: Seems simple enough. Just run in there and take it, right?
Dr. Finklestein: If you did that, you'd have so many enemies on this planet that you wouldn't be able to get off without your ship being blown up. We need to do it in a place with no witnesses, which will be hard in such a crowded city like this, but I've got an idea.

A few hours later...

Two speeders race across the streets, with the blue one speeding up by the second, getting close to the red. People sit around the side enjoying the show.

Pilot: You're dead Draven! Your rusty old speeder can't beat this bad boy.

Draven: Wanna bet?
Pilot: What're you gonna do? Try and ram into me?
Draven: You underestimate me. I've always got a few tricks up my sleeve.
Draven hits a few buttons, and a small hum begins to radiate from the contraption strapped onto the back

A small crack of plasma-like energy appears infant of them, growing rapidly

Pilot: What? What is this?
Draven: Just a small trick

Draven drives right into this newly formed crack. The speeder begins to disappear as it goes through

Draven: Adios. Better luck next time.
Pilot: W... what?

Draven appears out of another portal, knocking over a civilian while he's at it. James stands atop a building, watching this unfold

James Pearson:(Into a comm) I've got eyes on him. He's coming up. Ready?
Kevin: (From the comm) Ready.

Kevin makes a running jump towards the speeder as it darts past

Kevin: It's now or never.

Kevin swings onto the back bar of the speeder bike.

Kevin: Stop the speeder!
Draven: Huh? Who are you?
Kevin: I'm Kevin, and this speeder has a stolen piece of equipment attached to it. Stop the speeder now!
Draven: What stolen piece of equipment? This whole thing is stolen!
Kevin: That energy amasser on the back of this vehicle!
Draven: Oh, you mean this?
Draven clicks a few buttons. The energy amasser begins humming.

The crack begins to form again

Kevin: Why'd you do that!?
Draven: Because it's mine. I can do whatever I want with it.

The amasser hums even more than before, before combusting in a small burst of flames.

Kevin: Is it meant to explode?
Draven: Wait wha-

As the speeder passes through, instead of appearing somewhere else, it just disintegrates into a neon green dust. Kevin lets go of the speeder before it is completely gone, but Draven doesn't have any time, being consumed before he can even realize what is happening.

Kevin: Oh... that can't be good.

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:49 am

oh man, great effects on this one
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:06 pm

GREAT use of the trike part on that speeder

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Post by Space Bunny » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:10 pm

sahasrahla wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:06 pm
GREAT use of the trike part on that speeder
It is a great use, but I sadly I did not come up with it :( . Credit goes to redrover for it, as it's basically just the IM speeder

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:21 pm

Your photography is always top notch!

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Secrets Worth Hiding - Part 5

Post by Space Bunny » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:54 pm

Dr. Finklestein awaits news of his invention being retrieved, but when Kevin and the rest arrive, it's not as good as he'd like...

Dr. Finklestein: Ah! It's great to see that you've returned in one piece!
Kevin: We did but-
Dr. Finklestein: No need to waste time with some dilly dad, lets get straight to the point; Where's my energy amasser?
Kevin: Well, you see, it's not really here
Dr. Finklestein: You've hidden it? What an excellent idea! The thugs on these streets could've and would've killed you if you had it in your pocket! Oh how am I so stupid
Kevin: Well, it's... it's nowhere
Dr. Finklestein: ... Pardon?
Kevin: It blew up.

Dr. Finklestein: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! MY LIFES WORK! I SPENT YEARS ON THAT!
Kevin: Oh come on, there must be another somewhere... right?
Dr. Finklestein: Of course there isn't you idiot! This is a prototype! It's the only kind that can do this IN THE KNOWN BRIKVERSE!!!
Kevin: Couldn't something else do this?

Prof. Herson: Kevin, you don't understand, the energy this made was unmatched by anything else in the brikverse for its size. The power it could produce would be able to teleport entire fleets in the blink of an eye. Now that the prototype is gone, it'll take another hundred years until someone else creates something that nearly matches it. What you would need is to have something that creates enough power to make you... well, there's no better way to put it than 'God-like'. If there was that sort of thing, I'm sure the doctor would've already have found it by no-

Dr. Finklestein: Now that you bring it up, I think I do remember someone telling me about something with great god-like power to it, but to find out where it is right now, it would require us to go into space. And for that we need a pilot...

Dr. Finklestein: ... and a fantastic ship.

A ship lays in the empty hangar, with ladders resting upon its hull. It's clear it's not finished, but with a bit more time this ship should compete with some of the best in the galaxy

Dr. Finklestein: This is my dear old friend, Lucas Kander, and he is by far the best pilot in this system. Am I not mistaken, Lucas?
Lucas: yeah yeah sure whatever. I want you guys to know one thing: this is my ship. I do not want any parts of this broken by the end of whatever the doc's got planned this time, and if it is, consider yourself dead. This ship can only fit three people, so two of you will be coming with me, and the other two will be here awaiting us landing. Got this? Good. Now onto you doc.

Dr. Finklestein: Alright, we're gonna be traveling to Colerria's moon, where a small octan station is located. This should have records of what's going in and out. We need to get in and get out, as I fear we won't be the only ones up there. If this all goes to plan, it'll be an easy job, but as we all know, it never ever goes to plan, so be prepared for whatever happens.

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Secrets Worth Hiding - Part 6

Post by Space Bunny » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:36 am

Location: The streets of a run down planet, under the rule of an immortal warlord
Back from the start of this story, Bad Mike (the mischievous son of Bad Tom, leader of Bleak Co.) and his ragtag crew of blacktron troops travel the brikverse, unsuccessfully searching for jobs, and now they roam the streets of backwater planets, looking for trouble...

A immortal 'Shudder' walker trudges through the streets on patrol. The silent hum of the city surrounds the walker. Everything seems to be fine, but in Brikwars, there is never a pointless scene without something interesting happening.

Bad Mike: Boys, I think we may be stuck here. We got no jobs, no money, no berets, no donuts, and no fuel for the ship.
Troop: Then what're we gonna do boss? And what's this obsession with donuts and berets about?
Bad Mike: Well, I think we're going to have to... maybe live here.
Troop: Impossible sir! You can't actually expect us to be... normal people?
Bad Mike: It will have to be, unless some opportunity pops up in the following few seconds
* KABOOOOOM *
Bad Mike: Something happened!

Bad Mike: Quick quick! Let's see if there's something for us to do!

An explosion erupts from beneath the walker. A grenade for sure. Three rebels begin to unleash rallies of shots towards it

Rebel: For freedom!!!

Immortal Driver: Get reinforcements now!!!

Troop: Boss, what we gonna do?
bad Mike: Fight, and then force them to pay us later!

Bad Mike and the boys take down the rebels with a few quick swings of his sword and a few shots of their guns

The street goes silent. A march of feet can be heard coming from the alleyways, and a ragtag squad of immortal troops emerge.

Officer: STAND DOWN, THE Immortal empire requests... what the hell happened here?
Bad Mike: Now need to thank us.

Officer: Who are you?
Bad Mike: I am Bad Mike, leader of the uh... space faring... galaxy spanning... bleaktron? Yeah, Bleaktron. So where's the payment for this work?
Officer: Payment? What sort of scam is this?
Bad Mike: Well we just did some of your work for you, so I expect something
Officer: I suppose, but I cannot pay you in credits, but perhaps something else?
Bad Mike: Credits is all I ta- actually, do you have 'berets'?
Officer: Berets? Is this code for some drug or something?
Bad Mike: I just want berets for these boys. They look sick.
Officer: Really?
Bad Mike: Yes.
Officer: Well then, it shall be done, but I have another question; do you have any other jobs?
Bad Mike: Are you proposing something else here?
Officer: Well, we could put your muscle to good use in the Immortal empire, perhaps an alliance? I would have to talk to Warhead though first, but I think he'd be fine. You have a cool hat, and he likes that kind of stuff.
Bad Mike: Sounds like a deal

CaLego420
Hero

Post by CaLego420 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:30 pm

"Bleaktron". My God, sir...you've done it again. There's not enough internets in the world to express how much I love this.