Eldon, First of His Kind

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Dienekes22
Cannon Fodder

Eldon, First of His Kind

Post by Dienekes22 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:45 pm

Eldon stared at the glowing green container, a mysterious liquid bubbling and frothing inside the casing. The Matter Machine hummed with power, the heart and soul of the battles that Skion had won to begin colonizing this planet.

"What is it?" he asked the technicians nearby.

"It's Maniac Beer," one of them answered, typing away at the computer terminal for the Matter Machine. "We don't know much about it."

"How do you know what it's called, then?" Eldon asked, eyes shifting between the two technicians.

"There was a sign," came the simple reply.

Eldon flashed a look.

The technician continued, "We found it in the deepest bunker of the planetary command base. They put so much effort into guarding it they could hardly even defend the rest of the planet from us. Once we cracked their language we found signs all over identifying it as Maniac Beer. We are currently going through their data banks to learn more."

"What do we know so far?" Eldon asked.

The other technician chimed up, "It was created for a spacefaring empire called The Immortals. They brewed this beer for their greatest warriors. Apparently, it is a rare and precious thing."

For a moment, only silence.

"And, from what we can gather, drinking it increases combat efficiency exponentially."

"It's something called an 'artifakt,'" the first technician added.

Eldon grinned, "In that case, we should duplicate it, yes?"

"We thought so too, sir, but wanted your approval first."

"I approve."

The technician grabbed the keg and stood before the doors of the Matter Machine.

They opened and the empty bay waited. Thousands and thousands of weapons had been created by this machine for the war and now it waited for it's most important task yet.

The doors shut and Eldon thought he felt a chill sweeping up his spine. He shivered in his armor, suddenly unsettled. He ignored it, putting it out of his mind. But, in that moment, he felt as though he was being watched.

"Do it," Eldon commanded.

The Matter Machine began to boot, the magik pulsing through the circuitry and preparing to duplicate the Maniac Beer.

"Something isn't right," the technician said, looking quizzically at the screen.

"It's not supp--"

An explosion cut the technician off, a great green glow filling the room along with the odor of ash, smoke, and fire. The building rumbled menacingly, concrete and steel buckling and breaking with the force of the destruction of the Matter Machine. A sickly green flame shot into the sky, swirling in the clouds.

"Geez, shit," coughed a technician, "Are you guys all right?"

Fire belched from the bay of the machine, dousing one of the technicians. He didn't have time to scream as the jet of flame covered him completely.

BANG! A projectile tore through the other technician, dropping him into a pile of his own blood.

Eldon revved his chain blade in anticipation.

"Come out of there!" he shouted, teeth grit in fury.

"Fine!" a voice shouted.

A body, wreathed in flame, shot from the Matter Machine. It flew at Eldon before he could react, slamming into his chest with enough force to knock him off his feet and his weapon clattered to the floor.

The figure drove Eldon to the ground, easily overpowering him with little effort.

"You've never fought one of your own kind, have you, hero," the black-clad figure said, words dripping with sarcasm. "It's not as easy as the waves of mindless goons you've become accustomed to!"

Eldon couldn't get his feet, scrambling to shove his foe away. With a grunt he was slammed into the concrete, buckling it around his jump-pack.

With a flourish the figure tossed Eldon against the wall, spinning in delight at the crunch of armor and steel.

"What... what the fuck..." Eldon sputtered, tasting his own blood.

Slowly, the figure walked to Eldon, standing over him in arrogance.

"I am the Lambda Shard," the figure began, "a piece of the mighty Warhead, tasked with bringing his war to the stars."

He picked Eldon up by his throat.

"And you're meddling with my fucking beer."

He drove Eldon into the wall.

"You think you can just duplicate my fucking beer with some silly magik? You think the Immortal Empire would allow such a disgrace? And, to add insult to such a grievous injury, you've painted your face into a skull. How appropriate. How disgusting. You think you've earned such a mark? You think your deeds are deserving of such a visage?"

As he held Eldon aloft black veins popped through his skin, growing and crawling toward Eldon's brain.

"You will pay for this transgressions, Eldon."

He dropped Eldon to the floor, letting him writhe in pain for long moments. Soon he sat, rubbing his temple, brain on fire from the intrusion.

Lambda Warhead set a new weapon in front of Eldon, the BT chain blade replaced by glowing and hateful flame. His helmet was broken and reformed.

"You do not belong to Skion any longer, you belong to me."

Eldon stood, remade on the anvil of Warhead.

With a sick grin, Lambda Warhead asked, "Tell me what you will do now, Eldon?"

"I̴̫͝ ̴̞̀w̷̢̆í̶̞ĺ̵͙l̸̤̀ ̴̲̒k̸̩͝i̴̯̇l̷̦͝l̷̢͠ ̶͕̃D̷͓̍i̷͙͌e̴̩̚ṅ̶̼e̸̳͑k̴͈̆ę̴̈ș̶̿ ̴̡̚ḁ̵̈́ṅ̴̠d̷̙͌ ̷̠̆d̶͙̾e̷̍ͅs̶̭͋t̸̼̅r̸͊͜o̴̧̒y̴̪͑ ̵̱̆t̷̟͛h̶͚̐ḙ̴̛ ̸̰͝Ś̴͚k̴͓̑ȋ̶̟o̸̹̐ń̵͉,"" he mumbled, voice sickly and changed, echoing with the sound of death and bone.

And then Eldon, no long himself but the puppet of Lambda Warhead, took a swig of the Maniac Beer and tore through the compound to begin his war against his own nation.
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these
Contest Badges
Show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Medivo factions - Medivo Forum Battles
Sci-Fi Factions -

Food_Truk
I'm going to have to use normal children to test it before I can use babies

Re: Eldon, First of His Kind

Post by Food_Truk » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:00 pm

Pretty awesome origin story, the posing and camera quality is sick. (How do you get close-ups to look so sharp?)

Warhead and Maniac Beer are obviously Ossum choices too. :guinness:

Dienekes22
Cannon Fodder

Post by Dienekes22 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:14 pm

Just my iPhone camera and plenty of light
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these
Contest Badges
Show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Medivo factions - Medivo Forum Battles
Sci-Fi Factions -

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Post by sahasrahla » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:17 pm

i just fucking love maniac beer and the lore that's spun off from it, literally one of the best parts of brikwars

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:52 pm

Excellent
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Spectral
IT'S PAYDAY AT BLEAK COMPANY HEADQUARTERS
IT'S PAYDAY AT BLEAK COMPANY HEADQUARTERS

Post by Spectral » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:03 pm

Goddamn Die this is golden
Bleak Company! COMING SOON TO A PLANET NEAR YOU!!

Kommander Ken
an avid fan of large round cannons
an avid fan of large round cannons

Post by Kommander Ken » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:04 pm

Oh shit watch out Dienekes!