Walking in Circles

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

lordintype
something different

Walking in Circles

Post by lordintype » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:03 pm

Somewhere in the beige carpet, lost between realities

???: But just look at him, he's perfect! It's like he was sent to us!

???: He iz not prefect, luk at hiz heer.

???: Well, I guess he could use a haircut but -

Fred, a mostly ordinary construction worker, begins to fully wake up.

Fred: H-huh? Where am I?

???: Hey! The champion is finally awake!

???: Good, let's get the introductions started. I'm Lordintype, and I'm what you'd call a Quantum Surfer. There's a long explanation, but I'm basically what you might refer to as a angel or a lesser god. It's hard to describe exactly what I am in terms you'd understand. How about you, what's your name?

Fred: Uh, what? Did you call me a champion?

Lordintype: Ah, just a slip of the tongue. Your name?

Fred struggles to his feet.

Fred: Uh, Fred. Just Fred. I'm a construction worker, or was until I appeared here

Lordintype: Ah yes, that would be the effects of Ragnablok. You were probably tossed here when the galaxy shattered

Fred: Uh, right. Who was that you were talking to before?

Lordintype: She's just behind you

???: I IZ NEMEHELLIUM HROSE AND I IZ PLEAZED TO MEAT YU!!!
Iran will be the world's Luke Skywalker

Check out Anno!

Shaggy
Hero

Re: Walking in Circles

Post by Shaggy » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:16 pm

lordintype
something different

Re: Walking in Circles

Post by lordintype » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:29 pm

QS lordintype: So, you probably have a few questions, such as "What's going on?", "What's a Hrose?" and "Where did that staff come from?", and I'll answer these questions for you. First, what is a Hrose?

Nehellenium Hrose: I iz a supreiror benig taht louks liek a hrose.

QS lordintype: A rather simple explanation. The more technical explanation is that Hroses represent the shagginess of a part of the Brikverse. I'm not going to explain what shagginess is because I can't be bothered.

Fred: Uh, ok? So instead of a god of, say, war, Hroses are gods of shagginess?

QS lordintype: Yeah, that works. Alright, so now I'll answer "what's going on?" So each part of the Brikverse has a Hrose that represents shagginess. However, the Anno Hrose has begun showing some... peculiarities. Such as drawing too much attention to itself or putting journalists out of business. This has caused a number of problems, which must be dealt with.

Fred: So we're... killing the Anno Hrose?

QS lordintype: No, nothing like that. There's already someone working on that, by the name of Clops. We are going to go the source of shagginess to ensure no hrose becomes like Anno Hrose again.

Fred: And what's this source.

QS lordintype: Well, he is a kind of friend of mine, called Shaggy. You'll see. Finally, the last question. I summoned the staff. Now to -

Fred: Wait! Why do you need me?

QS lordintype: Erm, I'll explain later. Just trust me that you're necessary for stopping Anno Hrose.

One second they were on the beige carpet and the next they were in an unfamiliar room.

QS lordintype: Ah, here we are. Planet Depresio, a good place as any to begin the search for Shaggy.

Nehellenium Hrose: Yay! Tiem to beign ouer quezt!
Iran will be the world's Luke Skywalker

Check out Anno!