[LAMB] Brik or Treat in South Stockton

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Food_Truk
I'm going to have to use normal children to test it before I can use babies

[LAMB] Brik or Treat in South Stockton

Post by Food_Truk » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:57 pm

Part One
Show

"South Stockton, a town like every other in the Brikverse. A remote location built on nothing but stock material where the citizens go about their daily lives of gratuitous violence and senseless mayhem. But tonight it's eerily silent, for the Hellhunt is coming...And this year, South Stockton surrenders itself to..."

"The Halloween Hellhunt Brik or Treat Battle Royale! Good evening everyone, this is Gayle Gossip bringing you the event of the year in South Stockton!"

"Everyone's absolutely thrilled to the bone, as our very first Brik or Treat Battle Royale is about to start! Four brave contestants have worked their way up to qualify for this competition, surviving through several harsh challenges just to get their chance for the Brik or Treat main prize: A lifetime supply of free candy! Let's go meet our lucky few, shall we?"

"Hi there, champ! Could you tell the audience what are you dressed as?"

"I'M THE PINK NINJA!"
"Woah! Careful with those shuriken! Those aren't real, are they?"

"NINJA GOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
"How about you, dear? Oooh, that hair looks amazing!"
"My dad did it for me, I'm a witch!"
"And what an adorable witch you are."
"Call me adorable again and I'll put a curse on you."
"What's that, dear?"
"Nothing."

"And look at you, what an amazing kitty costume!"
"Thanks, I made it for a furfig convention."
"A what now."
"You wouldn't understand. Boomer."
"HEY!"

"Little brat...Oh hello, what an adorable teddy bear costume!"
"..."
The child in the bear costume says nothing, instead just breathing heavily...

A few awkward seconds of silence later..
"Aaaaalright, I think that was everyone. Good luck on the Brik or Treat, everyone! Gayle Gossip, signing off!"

The bear figure walks away...
"Alright, let's get out of here. This town is giving me the creeps!"
"Hey, anyone else feeling...Off?"

Gayle and her crew cringe in agony as their bodies begin to twitch against their will.
"My head...What is...What is happening?"
"MAKE IT STOP! THE PAIN! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!"

WARNING: THIS IS YOUR NEW BACKGROUND MUSIC. THIS IS NOT A TEST.

Three ghastly abominations arise as horrifying wails and inane cackling fills the air...

"EEEEEEHEEEEHEEEEEHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
DOOT DOOT! DOOT DOOT! DOOT DOOT!
The skeleton can't help but use the car horn for dooting, alerting the whole surroundings to the event...
Part Two
Show

Far above South Stockton, three figures are watching the chaos unfold...

"Huh. So those OT lamps actually work. Colour me surprised, considering they're just replikas."
"Surprise is an element, not a colour."
"Seriously..."

"They look so cute in their little costumes! We should've done this a long time ago!"

"We just got here, and the Halloween Hellhunt is once a year. Also, most of those brats are sociopaths who are only there because they crushed everyone else under their smelly little feet. There's nothing 'cute' about those little monsters."

"Girls, let's not forget what we're here for. If the lamps work, so will the kollection device!"

"And once we've kollected enough real Ossum, we can revive father and begin our Konquest of the Brikverse!"
"That's great and all but..."

"What if we don't get the right thing from these kids? What if they screw it up and we end up with a bunch of clumsiness energy instead? Or worse, they solve things peacefully."
"That's simple!"

"If we don't get to revive daddy with this thing, we'll just use it destroy mother's colleagues!"
LET THE GAME BEGIN!

Food_Truk

Re: [LAMB] Brik or Treat in South Stockton

Post by Food_Truk » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:22 pm

(Between Turns 2 and 3...)

"La la la, Li-la-dre-aaaaah~"
The pink-haired woman happily scribbles away on her letter...
Letter's Contents...
Show

"Dear honoured Queen Qutsee,

Like, oh my gosh! I am such a fan of your work! do you want to become pen-pals?
Maybe we could go clothes-shopping some time, or watch the cherry blossoms and drink bubble tea! (Or watch Netbrix all day with ice cream and cake!)
Oh right, before I forget: My adorable A.I. L-MO (got him as a Manly Santa Day present from my dad!) has pin-pointed the location of the Flask of Liladrea! (Silly warmongers leaving energy traces all over the Brikverse!)
Normally I would've added it right in this letter (sharing is caring, after all!) but I have a teeny tiny request: I would really, really reaaally like that black-haired girl you have as a prisoner under my care!
So what do you say we make a trade? The girl for the location?

I added my contact information in an enclosed business card, feel free to call or text me and we can meet up? (Oh do you have Mixels Go? Add me as a friend so we can swap energy and gifts!) Hope to hear from you soon!

Kind regards,
Rose Valdr, CEO of M.O.M. Industries (Pink Division)"

"Alright, all done! Here you go, Mr. Birb! Make sure it gets to Her Highness in one piece!"
"BIRB!"

"I knew it. Nothing but chaos and disaster down there."
"Don't worry, things are going to heat up soon! Activating shoreline lamps...Now!"

The lamps make a loud buzzing sound as they're turned on, emitting a dark shade of OT light over the ocean...

"And now?"
"Now we wait."
"GO BIRB, GO!"
"BIRB!"

Food_Truk

Re: [LAMB] Brik or Treat in South Stockton

Post by Food_Truk » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:11 pm

TURN 7 - FINALE

"THEY'RE DESECRATING DADDY'S STATUE!"
"Which has the Kollection Device...I told you something would go wrong."
"Actually things are going exactly as planned..."

The light of the blue moon shines brightly as the cloudy skies clear...

Mocha rears herself, ready to attack her prey until all the lamps in the town turn on again and the orange light mixes with the pale moon's blue shine to cover everything in a foul red veil. She makes a screeching sound much like a baby animal called by its mother, before diving back into the waters...

"What's going on?!"
"Yeah, you never really explained what those lamps were for in the first place. What's the deal, glasses?"
"Be realistic. We never would've been able to generate enough Ossum in time to revive father with something like this. No..."

"This was always a plan designed to make those damned CSA scientists pay."

"Even then! What about the Kollection Device? Don't we need it for that?"
"What's up your sleeve, sis? Spill the beans."

"Those lamps we installed are a so-called 'cattle prod', designed purely to agitate whatever was slumbering under the streets of Stockton Town. And the children? They're the bait."
"Wait, what?"

"You see, Stockton Town was built upon the sunken ruins of a temple devoted to worshipping MOC-Snothoth. It's why I picked this location as the venue for the event in the first place. I've also hidden a stash of maniac beer near the town, embedded with father's signature traits to leave a clear energy trail which will lure the CSA to investigate."
"And then?"
"They'll have to face THIS."

Dark tentacles start shooting out of the ground!

"What the..."

Before the tentacles have a chance to assault the young villainess, she's teleported away with the statue...

Teddy halts his assault as the tentacles start squirming towards him...
"This is way above my pay grade. Wise lesson, kid: He who kills and runs away, lives to kill another day!"
"..."

"C'mon kid, time to find a better place to cause some bloodshed."
With that, Bricky opens a Diemonik portal and escapes with Teddy to safer shores...

This leaves Kitty behind to meet her fate at eldritch tentacles...

The loud sound of helicopter blades interrupts her crisis as a hook is lowered!
"GRAB ON! WE'RE GETTING YOU OUT OF HERE!"

It appears Kitty's Niffler had noticed the underground danger and decided to get help!
"Git 'er up! We'z gotta git out a here!"
"QUICKLY!"

Kitty doesn't hesitate, and holds on for her nine lives as the helicopter pulls away from the town!

Under her, the town of Stockton slowly crumbles as the tentacles grow and spread...
WINNER BY SCORE: Bloodsliver
SURVIVORS: Bloodsliver, Teddy, Kitty