Planning A Bigger Party: This is Why Property Values Go Down!

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

CaLego420
Hero

Planning A Bigger Party: This is Why Property Values Go Down!

Post by CaLego420 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:13 am

The Boardroom of Building 4 Destruktion Tower, Zzyzx City, Planet Archaicii, Fringe System

Image20201015_183215 by Dats Private, on Flickr

???: "...uh huh, yeah I can see that. And I suppose if they don't comply, you're going to what?"

Image20201015_190913 by Dats Private, on Flickr

???: "Aside from burying us under this pile of litigation that is."
???: "This contract was signed by them ALL ten years ago...in their own blood for that matter. We had plenty of pens that day, and it was pretty gross since I had to sign after them, so the least they could do is respect their own oath!"
???: "Yeah but ten years ago there was no predicting that you'd have Stab, of Firearms and Daisy's fame, as a special guest star on your Brikverse wide multi-tour...I think you know what she's going to say."
Stab: "..."
???: "Yeah, that's right! You tell her, Stab baby! Now go tell them the swell news and not to chicken out! C'mon gang, we're out of this dump!"
???: "I'll get back to you on their answer..."

Not Much Later...

Image20201015_221454 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Syn Ful: "Are you fucking daft, love? That kitty has had a bit much nip, if she thinks that old meet is still on the books."
???: "I tried telling them that. What it comes down to is The Kats and the Canary have us cornered this time, we can't stall on this Battle of Bands! If PusCee doesn't see our addition to the Battle Board she's going to sue...and win!"

Image20201017_020333 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Syn Ful: "What an absolute crock, love. The Kats And The Canary are a K-Poppy girly girl band of felinesque innuendos and whiney tunes with their shrill prepubescent voices and off-key backup singers, they don't have the soul to stand up to our metal or my sirenic voice! We'll leave those schoolgirls crying in the corner before we even finish our first set."
???: "I don't doubt that, but we'll have to take that chance. Apparently the years haven't been all to kind for them and their new stuff is just edgy enough to attract attention from goth kids all over the Brikverse...they even have Stab as a guest star on their tour."
Tom: "The Stab...interesting. I was for sure he was dead after that whole Pina Colada incident."
Dom: "No way, dude! He totally did that thing with whatsherchick a few years back."

Image20201017_022552 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Syn Ful: "It don't matter none, loves! Maggie, you said that we get to pick the venue, right?"
Maggie: "I did. However, the location has to be pretty big...I'm not sure how many bands PusCee has roped into this until the Board goes live."
Syn Ful: "I don't think it will be a problem. Go give a ring to that wonderful bloke from last year, he can probably get hold of that pretty raven haired lass too. Spare no expense on this one, love"
Maggie; "I'm on it. Anything else?"
Syn Ful: "Prepare a stage capable of handling The Set!"
Tom: "What?!! Are you serious?!!"
Dom: "Whoa...."
Syn Ful: "Now, now loves. Let's have a chat about it!"

Meanwhile, on Planet Hubb

Image20201020_021509 by Dats Private, on Flickr

The Partythrower: "For all the loves of fuck! Will you please c'mon with this!"

Image20201020_180555 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Qristyle: "For reals, we been here like an hour all ready
Bossman: "I'm trying...you just don't understand the pressure I'm under!"
The Partythrower: "I understand you whine worse then a daycare center before naptime..."
Bossman: "I mean..."

Image20201020_182458 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Bossman: "...you guys are literally breathing down my neck."
Boaris: "It is lunchtime. Boaris think you don't need both arms to open box."
Bossman: *untangible sniveling*

Image20201020_185244 by Dats Private, on Flickr

The Partythrower: "He's not a cannibal, as far as I know, but I don't let him miss to many meals."
*Deetdootdeetdootdeetdoot*
Qristyle: "I'll let you boys handle this, I gotta call."
Boaris: "Boaris hear sniveling worm man, taste like chicken."
Bossman: "This isn't helping my blood pressure go down..."

Image20201020_192356 by Dats Private, on Flickr

*Access Granted*
Bossman: "Haha! There see I did it!"
The Partythrower: "Yeah and it seems like it took you six months to do it. Now let's see here."

Image20201020_193324 by Dats Private, on Flickr

The Partythrower: "Finally after all of that. Hmm...looks like it needs rebooted. Not a big deal once we get back to the House."
Bossman: "So there it is, you said you'd let me go after you got what was yours remember?"
Boaris: "Boaris also hear chicken popular appetizer."
Bossman: "C'mon!"

Image20201020_193514 by Dats Private, on Flickr

The Partythrower: "...what? Oh yeah yeah, kick rocks! And don't let me see your ass ever again, and all the menacing shit!"
Bossman: "Yes sir, I'll be on my best behavior from now on, you'll never see my face again! Honest!"
The Partythrower: "...yeah right..."
Qristyle: "You got the thingy, great!"

Image20201020_193811 by Dats Private, on Flickr

The Partythrower: "Alright let's go get Boaris some all you can eat buffet, before he starts gnawing on a security guard. What was that call all about."
Qristyle: "Oh you'll love this! Building 4 Destruktion wants to use the grounds again...except this time there's going to be a Battle of The Bands. Their manager says to expect quite the crowd!"

Image20201020_194153 by Dats Private, on Flickr

The Partythrower: "What!?! That's crazy! The protection spell I used last time barely protected the crowd, not to mention how illegal it was!! And HellHunt is right around the corner."
Qristyle: "Well at least we have the security part of things down this time, it'll all work out."

Image20201020_195721 by Dats Private, on Flickr

The Partythrower: "Ughh...I sure hope so. C'mon, I got some calls to make."

End Part One
Last edited by CaLego420 on Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

Food_Truk
I'm going to have to use normal children to test it before I can use babies

Re: Planning A Bigger Party. Pt.1

Post by Food_Truk » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:00 pm

Oh dang, a war-like battle of the bands? This is going to be awesome. :666:

CaLego420
Hero

Re: Planning A Bigger Party: Interlude of WTF

Post by CaLego420 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:40 am

Meanwhile, Sometime, Elsewhere
And slightly after: https://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 71#p364289

Image20201024_031700 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Queen Qutsee: "So maybe a united front is what we actually need in these trying times! HellHunt is sure to garner the Loligator's attention. It could be our best time to strike!"

Image20201024_033741 by Dats Private, on Flickr

???: "Agreed, your highness. Our forces have been continually decimated by a cult calling themselves The Loyalists of the Loligator, but what reserves I have left are at your disposal!"
Queen Qutsee: "Yay! As soon as the Heartstone finishes recharging we can make plans to get that Loligator for good...ohhh, this totally means a sleepover!"

Image20201024_034528 by Dats Private, on Flickr

???: "Your majesty this missive has arrived for you."
Queen Qutsee: "A letter? For moi? Ohh...what's it say?

Image20201024_035142 by Dats Private, on Flickr

???: *Reads the contents.* "It is signed by a Rose Valdr...the interesting thing is it was delivered by a Great Birb, I am curious as to how they tamed it."

Image20201024_035332 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Queen Qutsee: "Wow a total real 'nother fan! And one who plays Mixel's Go too! Quick, you have to write back!"

Image20201024_040026 by Dats Private, on Flickr

???: "Certainly Queeny, what would you like the letters contents to be?"
Queen Qutsee: "Umm, give her my Mixel's Go account info and totally accept the penpal invite, and she knows where the Flask of Liladrea is. But...but..."

Image20201024_040126 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Queen Qutsee: "We don't have that tricky Director Lena! She fooled us and took the prisoner we did have with her! We only returned to the SidePlains to recharge the Heartstone and regather everybody. If only there was someway to recapture her so we can find out where the Flask is."

**Really cheesy as all get out game show music"*

Image20201024_141800 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Queen Qutsee: "Who...who...are you and how did you did that?"
???: "A better question would be, what are you? I would advise extreme caution, majesty."

Image20201024_142406 by Dats Private, on Flickr

???: "Why we're just the answer to your prayers. I'm, as always, your host Kitt Katt!"
???: "And I'm Bebe Ruth!"

Image20201024_142510 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Kitt: "It 'tis the season, after all! Stay tuned folks! We'll be right back!"

Food_Truk

Re: Planning A Bigger Party: Interlude of Wtf

Post by Food_Truk » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:45 pm

Surprise show hosts! And the plot thickens, this is definitely getting somewhere fun. :studgod:

CaLego420
Hero

Re: Planning A Bigger Party: Security Now? (Maybe?)

Post by CaLego420 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:20 pm

Some Manner Of Weeks Ago
Overseer Syrus' Observatory

Image20201027_173747 by Dats Private, on Flickr

*Fighting Game Music*
*You win!*
Overseer Syrus: "That is correct Tsukeyamasetoami! I am your new senpai now!! Always bow before coming into my dojo, and always remember the name of Syrus!!"

Image20201027_174033 by Dats Private, on Flickr

*DeetDeetDeet*

Overseer Syrus: "What...? This cannot be giving me correct readings, I scanned this very section not thirty minutes ago! My dear V.O.I.D."
*Voice of V.O.I.D.*: "Yes Overseer Syrus?"
Overseer Syrus: "I would be greatly honored if you would scan grid three, section one, in the green ring zone, please."
*Voice of V.O.I.D.*: "Certainly, please stand by...................hmm, a small planetoid has appeared in the sector, most likely a rogue asteroid, resc---no wait! This object's appearance is of one ten-millionth of a second since my last system wide sweep! Gaining information of size, trajectory, and material composition...object does not match any Blacktronian records."
Overseer Syrus: "I thank you my dear! And this object does not match any records you have because it is unprecedented! A HellHunt Blue Moon! This occurrence may well overshadow disaster, and Director Lena must be informed immediately!"

Image20201027_174509 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Voice of Director Lena: "Overseer Syrus, what a pleasant surprise! Something I can help you with?"
Overseer Syrus: "You have no doubt noticed the object bearing 34.56---"
Voice of Director Lena: "Yeah we seen it, kinda hard to miss since every alarm went off at once when it appeared. I suppose there's an Overseer superstition you'd like to lay on me. Like Brikverse ending, planet eating, end-of-all-things type of bad omen legends or something?
Overseer Syrus: "Normally I would regale you with such trivialities, but I would guess you have a plan."
Director Lena: "You know me all to well, Overseer."
Overseer Syrus: "Very good. I will be monitoring your progress."
Director Lena: "Cool! Nice talking to you, Overseer."
*Transmission End*
Overseer Syrus: "Now then where was I? Ah yes exerting my dominance, come meet your new master, combatants!"

Not Much Longer After Part 1

Image20201105_224246 by Dats Private, on Flickr

*Incoming Transmission!*
Director Lena: "Your a go for Magda!!"
Voice of The Partythrower: "Hey there, Director. Umm...I got kind of a situation I'm hoping you can help me out with."
Director Lena: "Hey P.T....uh, what kind of situation?"
Voice of The Partythrower: "The kind that brings chaos and this time around a shitton of it! Somehow Building 4 Destruktion has been goaded into some kind of band battle, and decided that my place would be the best venue for it. So I could use some security forces, especially after what happened last time."
Director Lena: "Yikes. Not even gonna lie, dude, but...."

Image20201106_003427 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Director Lena: "....kinda busy at the moment."
Voice of The Partythrower: "Dammit! I was hoping for some of that sweet sweet Blacktronian Confederation support. This is going to be a disaster."

Image20201106_003945 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Director Lena: "Well we might be busy, but let me check around real fast. V.O.I.D. if you would be so kind as to give me a faction-wide transmission."
Voice of V.O.I.D. "Certainly, Magda."
Director Lena: "Hey guys, who wants to earn some Confederation cool points?
Gramps: "This confounded thing ain't no dangdarned HAM radio! I'm trying to hear my stories!"
Director Lena: "Okay, scratch the Stripes Gang..."
Voice of Genny: "We'll do it! We could use some fresh air and sunshine anyways."
Director Lena: "Awesome! S.N.A.P. is onboard P.T.!"
Voice of The Partythrower: "Nice maybe this thing is salvagable after all!"

Image20201106_004331 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Director Lena: "Anybody else? You get to listen to live music and I'm sure theres an open bar...c'mon this is Building 4---"
*Gust of Air*
Director Lena: "--Destruktion...what the Brikhell?"
Pinky: *Girlish squee's*
Director Lena: "Okay...well you have at least one concert goer for sure..."
Pinky: *More girlish squee's*

Image20201106_004559 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Director Lena: "How about you, Tarreva?"
Voice of High Commander Tarreva: "Go fuck yourself!"
Director Lena: "Seems somebodies still cranky, I guess thats it P.T."
Voice of The Partythrower: "Well that's better than nothing, I'll send coords and be awaiting their arrival. Thanks Magda!"
Director Lena: "No problem, and good luck!"
Voice of The Partythrower: "I'm probably going to need it..."
*End Transmission*

Image20201106_004715 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Director Lena: "Yeah...that sounds like it's going to be all kinds of FUBARed..."
Pinky: *Even more girlish squee's*
Director Lena: "Now then, how did you do that???"
Pinky: "Synlalala..." *Intense girlish squee's*

Food_Truk

Post by Food_Truk » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:34 am

:lol: Realistic depiction of an average workplace conversation. Cool flashback, Pinky kind of scares me.

CaLego420
Hero

Post by CaLego420 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:46 am

Food_Truk wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:34 am
:lol: Realistic depiction of an average workplace conversation. Cool flashback, Pinky kind of scares me.
Fun Fact: originally Pinky was the lead singer of the as-yet-unnamed-band, but a lucky bricklink order arriving early and a certain alignment of the cosmos gave birth to Syn Ful, so Pinky became the kick-around girl/superfan. Pinky has a fairly long history, but for the most part she's harmless...most of the time.

CaLego420
Hero

Re: Planning A Bigger Party: This is Why Property Values Go Down!

Post by CaLego420 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:42 pm

Unknown Location, Fringe System

Image20201114_022004 by Dats Private, on Flickr

The Partythrower: "So, I know I'm not the smartest fig in the Brikverse but...."

Image20201114_023431 by Dats Private, on Flickr

The Partythrower: "...this thing looks like it's a whole hellovalot bigger."
Qris: "...Yeah. By like twenty times."
Boaris: "Door smells bad."

Image20201114_024112 by Dats Private, on Flickr

The Partythrower: "The understatement of the year...and this has been a bad year. Okay so, Qris, I thought you and the other mages shut this shit down last year after all the madness...also I distinctly remember myself cast Resurrection on McCookie after he was ripped apart by those mummyfus, and neither of us are trying to have a repeat of that event...so what gives?"

Image20201114_024351 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Qris: "Well it was sealed, and I'm know for a fact it was when we left. I don't even know if I can get in touch with the mages!"
The Partythrower: "So Reseal it then..."
Qris: "Did you not just hear what I said? I'm not even sure where to----"

Image20201114_024651 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Qris: "Oh. Okay I read you."
The Partythrower: "I thought you might."

Image20201114_025913 by Dats Private, on Flickr

*Incoming Transport!*

Qris: "Icewall!"
The Partythrower: "Ok S.N.A.P. is here already, so if we put our heads together maybe we can figure something out before concert goers start arriving."

Image20201114_033009 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Genny: "Hey there!"
The Partythrower: "What's going on? Welcome to the casa! I appreciate you helping us out with this."
Genny: "Oh that's no big deal! To be honest mulling around with the Blacktronians was rather boring. Lots of locked doors and restricted access and stuff."
The Partythrower: "I heard that!"

Image20201114_034453 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Genny: "So do we have a gameplan...uh...Mister Thrower?"
The Partythrower: "You can call me P.T. Actually everybody can. Pretty sure it'd save our beloved Creator like thousands of extra keystrokes...."

Image20201114_034831 by Dats Private, on Flickr

P.T.: "And yeah, we once upon a time had a plan, but...you know what they say about that..."
Genny: "Always the best laid ones."
P.T.: "Right! Anyways this thing is an issue."

Image20201114_042608 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Genny: "It looks like a simple gateway...I don't know what kind but it's definitely giving off Ooni vibes!"
P.T.: "Pwnie!! Shit the last thing I need is some NegaBloktrix interference!"
Genny: "Haha, not Pwnie. Ooni. You know mischievous demon-like creatures."
P.T.: "That isn't really comforting. Considering this thing is massive compared to when we seen it last....which means a whole lot of something went in..."
Genny: "Or something really really big came out."
P.T.: "Or that."

Image20201114_043559 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Qris: "Uggghhh...that's as good as it's going to get!"
P.T.: "Nice work, Qris."
Qris: "Thanks."

Image20201114_044157 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Qris: "Casting like that really runs me dry, though. I feel like I need a juicebox and a nap."
P.T.: "You'll have to settle for a mana potion and forty winks, we're running a little short on time."
Genny: "That's some sturdy looking work! I'll have one of my people reinforce it if it won't steal your thunder."
Qris; "That'd be awesome, so thanks and thanks!"

Image20201114_045256 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Genny: "No problem! Speaking of my people though we brought some equipment with us, if you'd like us to get setup."
P.T.: "That's actually a fantastic idea, Boaris if you'd be so kind as to show the ladies where the staging area is..."
Boaris: "lt would be pleasure. Ladies if you be coming with me!"
Qris: "Ummm...yeah okay. I'm not even going to go there."
P.T.: "I swear sometimes I think he's trolling us..."
Genny: "Haha!"

Image20201114_050259 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Genny: "But on a more serious note, you haven't been paying your gardener well have you?"
P.T.: "The overgrowth is a bit out of control admittedly."
Qris: "It's a lot bigger then it was too."
Genny: "I can see that that is a current issue."

Image20201114_050348 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Genny: "However it might be a tactically sound one considering the amount of Fog Of War clouding this part of your land."
P.T.: "If it's any kind of reassurance the Fog's way bigger too."
Qris: "Which probably isn't a good thing."
P.T.: "That is the understatement of the century."

Image20201114_050753 by Dats Private, on Flickr

*Incoming Transport*

P.T.: "Probably the roadies...they're a little early..."
Qris: "Like way early. No band is supposed to even start their setup for two more days."

Image20201114_051154 by Dats Private, on Flickr

Bullet: "What it do, famalamalam?"
Spud: "Hey we're totally still sorry about the hassle last time, thought maybe we could lend a hand if you got something going on...and we brought some of the frat bro's to make sure things don't get out of hand!"
???: "Sup party peoples?"
P.T.: "The Smug Basterds!??! How? What?"
Spud: "In the ABS flesh, my guy! So where do you want us to setup some keg stands?"

Image20201114_051425 by Dats Private, on Flickr

P.T.: "Why in the actual fuck does this stuff have to happen to me?"

Food_Truk

Post by Food_Truk » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:05 am

Being P.T. is suffering. :lol:

TEORI
Officer

Post by TEORI » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:01 am

Did someone say a party.

8)
Spoiler
Show