Imminent Disaster

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Joshua
Cannon Fodder

Imminent Disaster

Post by Joshua » Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:06 am

The Dunlan Fortress:

Elite Knight: "Sir Darius! Where are the rest of your men?"

Sir Darius: "All dead! We located that witch Naeve, but failed to apprehend her, and what's worse, Sir Marcus has either been killed or captured! On top of that, she seems to have struck an alliance with the Uruk-hai, as a small band of them arrived and helped turn the battle in their favor."

Elite Knight: "That is grave news indeed. I wonder what that Night Elf is up to... Now the Fortress is understrength. I've sent word to Nason's Keep for more men, but they won't be here for a while longer."

Sir Darius: "Every day that Elf is on the loose, we are all in danger."

Elite Knight: "Indeed. But on the brighter side of things, there's someone I think you should meet!"

Elite Knight: "You there! I'd like to introduce you to someone."

Elite Knight: "Sir Darius, this is Thalia. She came to the Fortress just the other day."

Thalia: "Greetings."

Sir Darius: "Mi'lady."

Sir Darius: "Pardon my rudeness, but what sort of armor is that? I've never seen anything like it!"

Elite Knight: "Come, let's sit down. I believe we have much to discuss regarding our friend Thalia here."

Meanwhile:

Naeve: "There, our bargain is struck, and to the satisfaction of both parties. Now I must be on my way."

Some Days Later:

Naeve: "We march on to the Fortress! The Black Knights shall taste my fury!"
Remember, as a wise man once said: "Nihil Est Quod Videtur"