Exotic lego weaponry.

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

ProfSrlojohn
Champion
Champion

Exotic lego weaponry.

Post by ProfSrlojohn » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:48 am

So, over the years, there's been a lot of.... unusual lego weaponry, from plastic ripcord spinners to foam pump missiles. I have a question, how would you classify these in terms of the game? Namely the Kanoka Launchers,
and the Rhotuka spinners.

The Kanoka disc launcher's could potentially be a "Payload launcher", since it slings an object, but it also could be considered a cannon, since it slings a slug in a relatively simple arc. It also isn't supposed to explode, so do I count it as melee damage?

And for the Rhotuka spinners, I'm not sure how to classify and score them. They don't "Launch", they fly, and similar to the kanoka they don't necessarily explode, (but they can). Would you simply rip the cord and see where it lands? What would the damage radius be?

Any help would be appreciated.
"He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future, conquers the past."
- Kane (Red Alert setup)

Food_Truk
I'm going to have to use normal children to test it before I can use babies

Re: Exotic lego weaponry.

Post by Food_Truk » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:34 pm

Would you simply rip the cord and see where it lands?
Hell yeah, that'd be funny.
What would the damage radius be?
"Anyone that gets hit dies, if it damages a structure even better. Aiming for your (human) opponent may be considered unsportsmanlike but it's not like anyone cares as long as you don't shoot out their eyes."

Cracjaw
Minifig

Post by Cracjaw » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:01 am

I would think that just ripping the cord would be a good idea, and the damage would be like, and automatic disruption to any minifigs it hits, and insta-death to anyone it knocks down.
Yeah, you know who I am

:studgod:

ProfSrlojohn
Champion
Champion

Post by ProfSrlojohn » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:10 pm

Cracjaw wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:01 am
I would think that just ripping the cord would be a good idea, and the damage would be like, and automatic disruption to any minifigs it hits, and insta-death to anyone it knocks down.
Now that's a good idea.

Also, on the Kanoka, each kanoka has a power, designated by the numbers, (first number is where it was made, second is power, and third is power level), so how would you implement some of these?

1= Reconstitutes at random - Temporarily scrambles the molecules of the target, resulting in a new shape.
2= Freezes - Covers the target in a thick coating of ice.
3= Weakens - Reduces the strength of a living or nonliving target. Can be used to bring down structures.
4= Removes poison - Cures the effects of toxic substances.
5= Enlarges - Causes target to grow. Rate of growth is tied to the power level of the disk.
6= Shrinks - Causes target to reduce in size. Rate of shrinkage is tied to the power level of the disk.
7= Regenerates - Can be used to repair a target, normally a structure or piece of equipment.
8= Teleports - Moves target to another location. Range of teleportation is tied to the power level of the disk.

1, 8, and 7 would be particularly powerful. I mean, for 1, your opponent has a big, scary super tank? Boom. It is now a octopus. 8 allows for better flanking tactics, and 7.... heck, you could resurrect half your army with a good shot.
"He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future, conquers the past."
- Kane (Red Alert setup)