BW 2010 feedback

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:52 am

Hey I wan't to be on the front line kicking some ass, breaking necks commando's style and executing bad parts designers with my shotgun.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:55 am

Silverdream wrote: No, you are to use a firearm of my own design. I don't know if it works, but it should shoot radiation.
Way back in High School I built a muzzle loader from scratch...how about I use one of MY own design and make the balls out of plutonium or something?
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:29 am

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:
Silverdream wrote: No, you are to use a firearm of my own design. I don't know if it works, but it should shoot radiation.
Way back in High School I built a muzzle loader from scratch...how about I use one of MY own design and make the balls out of plutonium or something?
Yeah sure whatevs.
CrazyHorse wrote:Hey I wan't to be on the front line kicking some ass, breaking necks commando's style and executing bad parts designers with my shotgun.
Do you promise not to get high? I'm very scared of dying.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:21 am

I guess I'll stay at HQ.

Scribonius
Nice TRIPS

Post by Scribonius » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:51 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:I guess I'll stay at HQ.
Squad E for me as well... Meh, I can live with that. Gives me an excuse to lob catapult stones at something. :twisted:

Abaddon127
Champion
Champion

Post by Abaddon127 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:05 pm

I'll join the fight. I have a couple of .45s that could be put to good use.

thade
Cannon Fodder

Post by thade » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:30 pm

:twisted:
You have my sword!
I don't level the playing field, I level the playing field.

heavyfishcannon
Minifig

Post by heavyfishcannon » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:47 am

And my... Squad E?!? :bye:
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:29 pm

9.3: Thrust Vectors wrote:Simple Thrust
Because Thrust can be a pain to calculate and to track, players may elect to give it The Finger.

Place a fingertip at the point of Thrust (usually either an active Thrust device or a point of impact), and push the object the appropriate number of inches in the appropriate direction. The model on the table will choose how far to move and how far to rotate on its own, without any need for further calculation.

Giving the Finger to an object will mean that its Momentum can only be tracked by rough estimates, if at all. Especially appropriate for KnockBack effects from Collisions or large Weapon strikes, The Finger is best employed for one-time Thrusts on objects whose Momentum from turn to turn can be safely hand-waved away.

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:30 pm

stubby wrote:
9.3: Thrust Vectors wrote:Simple Thrust
Because Thrust can be a pain to calculate and to track, players may elect to give it The Finger.

Place a fingertip at the point of Thrust (usually either an active Thrust device or a point of impact), and push the object the appropriate number of inches in the appropriate direction. The model on the table will choose how far to move and how far to rotate on its own, without any need for further calculation.

Giving the Finger to an object will mean that its Momentum can only be tracked by rough estimates, if at all. Especially appropriate for KnockBack effects from Collisions or large Weapon strikes, The Finger is best employed for one-time Thrusts on objects whose Momentum from turn to turn can be safely hand-waved away.
:guinness:
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Post by Swordsalmon » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Silverdream wrote:I will organize it. The Squads will be as follows.

Squad A(Or main force)
-Warhead(commander)
-Rayhawk
-Asterios
-Hoboman
-White Nun(Bible is blurry on the subject of kneecaps)
-IVHorseman
-Almighty Benny
-ShadowScythe
-Rev. Sylvanus
-Any other "adults" that have experience with firearms

Squad C(Assholes that are probly useful due to military training)
-J+B
-Razgriz(commander, the only one I would really trust)
-Spartan 117
So, would I be in Squad A or C? I qualify for both. ^_^

The Finger looks like a nice rule. Makes things a lot easier, because math shouldn't get in the way of destruction. :D
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:13 pm

Squad E. No exceptions.

The finger sounds good.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Ok, I have to admit, that's pretty awesome. Looking forward to seeing the ruleset. Hint hint.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:50 am

You should add something that a true brikwarrior always uses his middlefinger to do this and some mystical lore about why they do this.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:23 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:You should add something that a true brikwarrior always uses his middlefinger to do this and some mystical lore about why they do this.

This is why. One time the AC landed on the brutal Jungle Death World of Dimmiban IV which was over-run by jungle-type dimmies who had destroyed all the civilization on the planet. The dimmies saw the AC and thought (if you can call it thinking) that it looked too nice to be left untouched, so in true dimmy fashion they attacked it with everything they had. Fortunately for the AC, dimmies don't really have any nice weapons, so their primitive rock and stick attacks did nothing to its SL5 - 5d10 armour. Annoyed by the clattering and banging of the dimmies scratching the paint job, the pilot said "Fuck You" and proceeded to give them the finger. The dimmies obviously were too stupid to understand what it meant, so the pilot who was now in a blind rage proceeded to use the middle finger of the AC to smash and skewer the dimmies. The dimmies ran in fear, and when the AC finally left Dimmiban IV they did the obvious thing that unintelligent and fearful minifigs do -- start a religion. They began to worship the power of the AC and remembered the deadly hand signal it used to hint at impending doom -- The Finger.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."