Fire for Effect

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Jabberwocky
Champion
Champion

Fire for Effect

Post by Jabberwocky » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:01 am

In rulebook.... i posted a topic with the intent to simulate a fire for effect style attack for brikwars. My general idea was to treat it as a sort of automatic fire when certain criteria are met.

First criteria was that a scout has to have visual on the target. This was to simulate a call in from a forward observer.

The second criteria was for a full artillery battery. That would be 6 guns with teams to man them. Artillery was to be loosely interpreted. More so as indirect fire weapons.

Lastly was for a direct hit to the target to be observed bybsaid scout. This would make the situation rare enough and realistic enough to not be terribly OP.

I intended to then treat it as automatic fire in that area. This would go as normal. With a cap on 6 shells per gun. Thats still 36 rounds down range.... which seems like a lot. But with man portable systems shooting only a size 1... maybe size 2 projectile so the damage area is still small. You also have to remember that bad rolls and lack of ammo will likely make getting to 36 very lucky. 36 was picked because its normal SOP for the US.

A branching idea with this was a forward operating base . An combat area. Not on the main battlefield to give a launch site for aircraft and indirect fire as well as medical treatment. I suggested this area be able to come under air raid.

Would anyone like to help me refine and test these ideas?

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Re: Fire for Effect

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:41 am

They're could be a retreat route to that base where units spend X amount of turns there or you could have a building with medics and such.
Image Image