'The Hidden Side' of BrikWars: Ghost Types and the three sides of the Farce

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Food_Truk
I'm going to have to use normal children to test it before I can use babies

'The Hidden Side' of BrikWars: Ghost Types and the three sides of the Farce

Post by Food_Truk » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:00 pm

So there's three sides of the Farce: Comœdia, Tragœdia, and Stupidœdia. There's also three types of ghosts in Hidden Side: Sad (Blue), Anger (Red) and Wild (Yellow).

Hidden Side wiki entry on ghosts

Wiki entry on Sad Ghosts
Those that wield the Lite Side of the Farce (Comœdia) tend to pick up careers as comedians, street performers, or gamebook authors. I theorize that they tend to become a Sad Ghost after their death because they can't entertain others any more, and generally hold no spiteful or bitter emotions towards others but are bummed out by the early/unfortunate end to the amusement.

Wiki entry on Anger Ghosts
Snark Side users of the Farce (Tragœdia) are assholes who only care about their own amusement. They live to torture others, so it's easy to imagine that if one of them dies in an unfulfilling manner they become pissed as hell. How DARE they take away the Snark Side's time in the spotlights? So they seem most likely to become Anger Ghosts, seeking to continue the torment of others for their own fun.

Wiki entry on Wild Ghosts
Wild Ghosts (formerly known as Crazy Ghosts) and the Dim Side of the Farce (Stupidœdia) are made for each other. The wiki entry on Wild Ghosts reads: "They generally seems to be created from people or creatures who have had a very chaotic life, a bizarre/unnatural death or who are insane." My theory is that if a Dim Side user dies before turning into a Dimmy they can become a Wild Ghost, continuing their crazy shit all the way past their early demise.

"But what about the normal green ghosts?"
Expendables, AKA "The minifigs with no personality that no one really gives a fuck about."

Spectral
IT'S PAYDAY AT BLEAK COMPANY HEADQUARTERS

Re: 'The Hidden Side' of BrikWars: Ghost Types and the three sides of the Farce

Post by Spectral » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:47 pm

Usually we don't directly take lore that the Lego group made, they get rather touchy with their IP sometimes. You should probs add a different spin to it.
Bleak Company! COMING SOON TO A PLANET NEAR YOU!!

Food_Truk

Post by Food_Truk » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:22 pm

Spectral wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:47 pm
Usually we don't directly take lore that the Lego group made, they get rather touchy with their IP sometimes. You should probs add a different spin to it.
If LEGO wants to claim 'three different colored types of ghosts with different personalities and behavior' as their intellectual property they need to talk to the creators of Pac-Man first.

For the rest it seems like a simple case of switching names and terminology.

Spectral

Post by Spectral » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:10 am

Food_Truk wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:22 pm
Spectral wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:47 pm
For the rest it seems like a simple case of switching names and terminology.
That's basically what I was saying, just slap a new name on it. Also the other reason to avoid steppin on Lego IP is because this wargame could possibly be made into something to be marketed and sold. Can't use anything that is a direct rip off of Lego stuff.

Food_Truk

Post by Food_Truk » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:43 am

Spectral wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:10 am
this wargame could possibly be made into something to be marketed and sold. Can't use anything that is a direct rip off of Lego stuff.
This game seems to be over 20 years old and has LEGO imagery and terminology all over the place, to the point where off-brand bricks are labeled as 'CLOans', shunned and treated as absolute shit. Ignoring that, there's the large amount of questionable material you'd have to remove, replace or rename before this game can even be sold to a broad market instead of ending up as some obscure online pdf file you can buy from an RPG book-selling site. And I'm ignoring the oversized background lore involving such charming characters as 'PedoNuker' because that's just a whole different mess.

As much fun as BrikWars is, I just don't see it becoming a legit product on the shelves.

Spectral

Post by Spectral » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:55 pm

Food_Truk wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:43 am
Spectral wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:10 am
this wargame could possibly be made into something to be marketed and sold. Can't use anything that is a direct rip off of Lego stuff.
This game seems to be over 20 years old and has LEGO imagery and terminology all over the place, to the point where off-brand bricks are labeled as 'CLOans', shunned and treated as absolute shit. Ignoring that, there's the large amount of questionable material you'd have to remove, replace or rename before this game can even be sold to a broad market instead of ending up as some obscure online pdf file you can buy from an RPG book-selling site. And I'm ignoring the oversized background lore involving such charming characters as 'PedoNuker' because that's just a whole different mess.

As much fun as BrikWars is, I just don't see it becoming a legit product on the shelves.
You do you man, just don't try to force direct ripoffs into kanon.

Food_Truk

Post by Food_Truk » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:37 pm

Spectral wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:55 pm
You do you man, just don't try to force direct ripoffs into kanon.
Don't worry, at this point I wouldn't even know where to start with kanon in general so I'm not touching that with a 10 foot pole. I just found a funny semblance between what LEGO made and what BrikWars had, figured I'd try something with it.

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:32 pm

I don't know much about Hidden Side but this is a pretty cool merging of the lore. I wouldn't worry too much about TLG suing, as long as we don't use the name "Lego" to sully their brand they don't really seem to care about us. I mean, if they really cared then the "Rainbow Knights" alone would be enough to get us in trouble.
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/