BattlePack Stats

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: Rev. Sylvanus, warman45

Foggy
Officer

Post by Foggy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:23 am

Rayhawk wrote:That's my feeling on the subject. Besides making the pick-up games easier, I also see it as a way to help encourage beginners. And lastly I'm hoping that people come up with funny special details for some of the sets, to inspire the casual visitor with more examples of the kinds of funny things that are possible in the game.
Take the Imperial Dropship for an example. Replace the troop drop with a rabid kitten drop and let the rest work itself out.
"We're not here for story time people, lets talk about all the sexy violence!"
-Yahtzee

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:34 pm

IV, thanks for holding the SW canon-degrading Blackhole/Shadow work of a few forum-ites at bay. God knows George Lucas does a damn good job shooting continuity all to hell without any assistance.

Again, as far as I know this abomination you all refer to as a dropship is non-canonical (unless it happens to be in the upcoming Force Unleashed game, which has been my assumption for a while now), therefore reducing any value it may have to purely this:
Ground Pounding Fodder.

Honestly...

I'd also like to suggest that all stormtroopers should take an accuracy hit to lower their CP, and the rebels should be nearly free as far as CP goes, due to them being completely ineffective at anything but absorbing stray imperial shots.
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

blackwing77
Officer

Post by blackwing77 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:50 pm

But STs can't fire straight in the first place.

Foggy
Officer

Post by Foggy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:06 pm

Carrnevil9 wrote:Again, as far as I know this abomination you all refer to as a dropship is non-canonical, therefore reducing any value it may have to purely this: Ground Pounding Fodder.
It allows me to place snipers on top of buidlings, drop bombs on the enemy from 37,000 ft, and get my troops into good positions before you.
I'd also like to suggest that all stormtroopers should take an accuracy hit to lower their CP, and the rebels should be nearly free as far as CP goes, due to them being completely ineffective at anything but absorbing stray imperial shots.
If these units become more useless than a Minifig, why field them at all?
An average trooper, regardless of the pretext that surrounds it, is a Minifig in my book.
-Yahtzee

Foggy
Officer

Post by Foggy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:30 pm

Sentry

-Infantry-
x1 Pilot (Robot) 4cp
Total: 4cp

-Sentry-
Size 4
Structure 1
Base cost 4
Armor 1d10
Propulsion 6" (3cp)
Total: 7

-Weapons on Mech-
Arm Cannon
Size 3
Cost 9
Use 9
Range 18"
Damage 3d6

Rockets x2
Size 1
Cost 2 ea.
Use 4
Range 6"
Damage 1d10

Grand Spankin' Total: 24cp

Worker's notes: Please, for the love of Fudge, stop bickering about Star Wars canonry! Its Brikwars, for Mike's sake!
-Yahtzee

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:31 pm

Foggy wrote: It allows me to place snipers on top of buidlings, drop bombs on the enemy from 37,000 ft, and get my troops into good positions before you.
That's what Star Destroyers are for. Except the thought of an Imperial Stormy sniper is incredibly funny. An oxymoron even. It also allows you to lose 4 men to a well placed sniper / AA gun.
Foggy wrote:If these units become more useless than a Minifig, why field them at all?
An average trooper, regardless of the pretext that surrounds it, is a Minifig in my book.
Nonsense, Star Wars Episode IV, A New Hope should have shown exactly what Rebel Troopers are good for:
1. Non-moving target practice
2. Running away in a limited space
3. Making it look like the Empire takes prisoners
4. Tracking YT-1300 Freighters with a gun-like device (Pew pew. Gotcha.)
5. Award ceremony stand-ins (along with a helluva lot of Rebel pilots that apparently didn't feel like fighting the Death Star on that day. Sick pay FTW)

Ultimately, I'm arguing with you not out of genuine concern for fellow brikwars players, but Because I am a jerk and am greatly amused by your willingness to take a half-baked model and try to apply it tactically.

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

Foggy
Officer

Post by Foggy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:37 pm

Carrnevil9 wrote: Ultimately, I'm arguing with you not out of genuine concern for fellow brikwars players, but Because I am a jerk and am greatly amused by your willingness to take a half-baked model and try to apply it tactically.
Oh, well if thats the case...
Could we please continue this in PMs or something? Its starting to clutter up my thread.
-Yahtzee

Carda
Officer

Post by Carda » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:46 am

Here's some BrikWarsian Quirks I came up with for the various battle packs:

Droid Pack: Each turn, all players roll a d10. If everyone rolls a 1, the droid control ship in orbit has just been obliterated, deactivating all your droids. Your opponents may now spend the rest of the battle tearing them apart and salvaging the critical electronics, or just stealing the weapons to shoot each other more.

Clone Pack: Trees are known speeder bike magnets. If the speeder bike is in use, it automatically steers towards the nearest tree at top speed unless the pilot can make a successful piloting check to veer away at the last second. Once a tree has been avoided in this manner, it may not have the same effect on the speeder bike again until a different pilot takes the wheel.

Dropship pack: After dropping off your payload, roll a d10. On a roll of 1, the dropship takes off again, but a stray laser bolt (or other projectile) gets lucky and sneaks its way into a critical engine part, blowing the dropship sky high. The pilot may attempt to bail out as normal. "Good thing we didn't wait until the next stop to get off, huh Jim?"

Rebel pack: ...I got nothin'. (Haven't bought this one yet.)
Bravo 13th: A Lego webcomic

http://lessthan3.netraptor.org/bravo13th/

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:54 pm

The dropship packs can all be the same basic idea. Rebels get a dropship like vehicle as well, yes? There you go.

Nice! I like them!
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:30 pm

Not really. It's a speeder, which is to say, convertible van. The Imperial dropship is more of a... helicopter? One is fairly restricted to hovering right above the ground.

Carda
Officer

Post by Carda » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:40 pm

Aha, I've got it!

Rebel pack: Rebel troopers are pretty much all alike anyway, so if the pilot would be killed, you may RedShirt a standard Minifig trooper in his place.

DarkWolf
Officer

Post by DarkWolf » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:09 pm

Carda wrote:Aha, I've got it!

Rebel pack: Rebel troopers are pretty much all alike anyway, so if the pilot would be killed, you may RedShirt a standard Minifig trooper in his place.
How about this;

Rebel pack: Rebel soldiers are freakin' everywhere. Whenever one falls in battle, another one appears somewhere within 3" of the dead soldier.
"For every battle honour, a thousand heros die alone, unsung and unremembered"
--Anonymous
"Glory to the first man to die!"
--Commissar saying
"When in doubt, empty the magazine!"
--Steel Legion motto

Carda
Officer

Post by Carda » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:57 pm

Yeah, but couldn't the same be said for stormtroopers, clone troopers, or battle droids?

Hmmm.

Actually, that's not a bad idea: you could say that all four of the Star Wars packs work that way! Since there's always a zillion of them in any given movie scene, any trooper or droid in a Battle Pack matchup may respawn at home base on its next turn, or some rule to that effect. Perhaps designate one as the Hero, and killing him wins you the game.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:57 pm

or you have to make a skill roll against some phenomenally low number. actually, 2 or 3 sounds fine.

Foggy
Officer

Post by Foggy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:58 pm

Does anybody else got a set for $10?
Anything at all?
-Yahtzee