They're Finally Finishing It! I Can Die Happy!

Also, butts.

Moderators: Blitzen, Almighty Benny, Falk

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Re: They're Finally Finishing It! I Can Die Happy!

Post by Zahru II » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:32 pm

Iunno, Maul self-sustained himself for years through HATRED and became an insane techno-drider - that's pretty brikwars.

I think the best takeaway here is 6) potential corresponding lego sets and 7) if 6) is true, said sets will have prequel minis without the ill-chosen innsmouth faces of the original cw minis.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:33 pm

Texhnophille wrote:If I were to recommend the series, I'd praise its clones' portrayal (even though I liked republic commando version of clones better), but not Maul's. To me, Maul not saying a single word was the main reason for me to enjoy him. In TCW he just never shuts up. But that's because I had to compare that Maul to Maul from comics and books where he's literally a nobody with some daddy issues in regards to Palpatine.
Dunno, making him another sith craving for POWAAAHHHH has done him more harm than good imo, though I appreciate the fact his canon story is now that expansive.
Isn't craving power kinda necessary to be able to use the Dark Side though? It seems like being a Dark Side user goes hand in hand with craving power. Plus, I personally think Maul took over Mandalore more to use it as an instrument of vengeance than for reasons of wanting to rule the galaxy or some dumb shit like that.
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:36 pm

I forget - was Mandalore entirely so Maul could capture Satine to draw Obi-Wan out? Or was that incidental?
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:57 am

TheVengefulOne wrote:
Texhnophille wrote:If I were to recommend the series, I'd praise its clones' portrayal (even though I liked republic commando version of clones better), but not Maul's. To me, Maul not saying a single word was the main reason for me to enjoy him. In TCW he just never shuts up. But that's because I had to compare that Maul to Maul from comics and books where he's literally a nobody with some daddy issues in regards to Palpatine.
Dunno, making him another sith craving for POWAAAHHHH has done him more harm than good imo, though I appreciate the fact his canon story is now that expansive.
Isn't craving power kinda necessary to be able to use the Dark Side though? It seems like being a Dark Side user goes hand in hand with craving power. Plus, I personally think Maul took over Mandalore more to use it as an instrument of vengeance than for reasons of wanting to rule the galaxy or some dumb shit like that.
I can understand that, it's just that in-books Maul was described as merely a tool and not a true sith lord. Sidius didn't plan for Maul becoming his full-fledged apprentice. In-books Maul was, as I saw it, a mixture of hatred, self-discipline and primal shitless fear towards Sidius. In my view, Maul would certainly go after Kenobi for revenge, but not after Sidious. Also, I view Maul as more of an assassin rather than juggernaut, and so him dueling and fighting someone in open confrontation seems a bit out of character. And yeah, you could say that he had fought Kenobi and Qui-Gon in open combat, but that was due to him becoming extremely overconfident in his efforts to please his daddy Sidious. You'd think he'd start acting REALLY-REALLY carefully since he almost died.

But then again, my perspective is that of an EU nutjob who drools over books and comics that aren't nearly as popular as TCW.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

Maraxous
Juggaloaf
Juggaloaf

Post by Maraxous » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:17 am

I'm still only on season 2, but I really like the way the clones were portrayed as well. That even though they were mass produced they were still people. That they aren't all just redshirts, or cannon fodder.
Getting new clone war sets will be the big plus, and yes the old clones that had Anakin or Obiwan's face with the big eyes. Simply terrible.

Venge

Post by Venge » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:58 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a trailer with such badass music before. Lucasfilm just announced they are working on 10 different tv series, including an anime anthology series (not a joke I swear), but this shit is straight up BrikWars, mutant Black Ops clones ftw.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:00 am

Maybe this was the plan all along. Make the movies suck so we would crave other media to fill the hole more.

Anime Star Wars? Someone at Disney must've seen this. :lol:

Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

kaiser bufanda
Nice Dubs
Location: utilizing an discarding-sabot kinetic energy penetrator against soviet armour

Post by kaiser bufanda » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:23 pm

I dunno, the bad batch are just hollow stereotypes (the heavy, the tech, the sniper) While most other characters in clone wars had depth. They are also crappy soldiers.
ninja_bait wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:43 pm
Violence 3.5 - not enough interaction, too many survivors
:wtc: have I gotten myself into :shock:
my army
https://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 17#p364817

Venge

Post by Venge » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:01 pm

kaiser bufanda wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:23 pm
I dunno, the bad batch are just hollow stereotypes (the heavy, the tech, the sniper) While most other characters in clone wars had depth. They are also crappy soldiers.
I imagine we'll be getting a lot more character development in a show like this.

kaiser bufanda
Nice Dubs
Location: utilizing an discarding-sabot kinetic energy penetrator against soviet armour

Post by kaiser bufanda » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:56 am

I hope so, otherwise, It will be as mind-numbingly terrible as rebels.
ninja_bait wrote:
my army

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:09 pm

I want all the character development Rey, Finn and Rose had. :warhead:
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Venge

Post by Venge » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:04 am

kaiser bufanda wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:56 am
I hope so, otherwise, It will be as mind-numbingly terrible as rebels.
The animation style is much closer to The Clone Wars than Rebels, so fingers crossed.

kaiser bufanda
Nice Dubs

Post by kaiser bufanda » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:10 am

Thank god. Everything in rebels looked either shitty and skinny or boxy AF. clone wars knows how to make lightsabers threatening, not wimpy little laser rods.

Additionally, STORMTROOPER LIVES MATTER. any clone death was sad, hell even some of the droids were somewhat sympathetic, but in rebels, hundreds of men and women are deemed worthless cannon-fodder, just because they wear white and try to defend their families from terrorism.The Empire in star wars isn't the third reich, what have they done wrong besides remove a selfish, corrupt system and replace it with a more roman empire approach, were planets could be protected. They have a galaxy to protect, and a holy city (filled with dangerous extremists) which a star destroyer can completely cover (meaning it is less than one mile in size) and a planet supporting a coup, are legitimate targets.
ninja_bait wrote:
my army

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:24 pm

Well, there is the little bit where the Emperor was an evil Sith Lord hell bent on power who intentionally caused an intergalactic war that cost billions of lives to create his Empire and betrayed people on both sides.

Oh, and blowing up Alderaan and every man, woman and child on it, let's not forget.

That's not to say that every single person who is with the Empire should be treated as a soulless, faceless minion, in the interest of good storytelling they should have a little more to them (Star Wars: Squadrons does a pretty good job with this). Palpatine actually had a plan in motion for The Empire to be destroyed in the event of his death, so in a way they're still all victims of his machinations.

That's more an aspect expected in modern storytelling though, when the original trilogy was made Storm Troopers etc. were intentionally faceless so the good guys could look more heroic killing them, and I'm pretty sure droids being the main cannon fodder in the prequels was a conscious choice as well because it's easier to look heroic slashing through stuff that's technically not even alive (although there's a bit of a double standard there with C3PO and R2D2 who would be considered 'alive', but I guess they're more advanced).

There's also dangerous ground to tread on with the 'there's good and bad people on both sides' approach when one side is shown to commit unspeakably evil acts, like enslaving the Wookiees, and from a 'lore' perspective because the nature of the Force doesn't really support that idea.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

kaiser bufanda
Nice Dubs

Post by kaiser bufanda » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:45 pm

The thing is on the scale they are at, (galactic with trillions upon trillions) A planet of 10 billion or so who is helping terrorists matter less than the security of 200 trillion, But they are definitely the bad guys. A story from a storm trooper's view would take star wars in a far more mature, grey area like I believe all wars should be. Nazis are bad, and should be portrayed as bad, because of their actions, but hans the conscript on the eastern front is still a human being. the same goes with star wars.
ninja_bait wrote:
my army