Construction Techniques for the needy!

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Sir Lancelot
Hero

Post by Sir Lancelot » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:07 pm

james+burgundy wrote:Well i would say if there is any flaw in Brikwars its that there is no kill peach heads and burn megablok days
You monster! :shock:

How could you say such a thing about peach heads. They deserve the same rights as yellow members of the lego community. Saying that a minifig is bad because of its peach skin is like saying your bad because your from Austria. Minifigs don't get a choice of whether or not they are peach, so don't hold it against them. :x

Joetrillion
Officer

Post by Joetrillion » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:16 am

I like this guys idea on using x-pod's.

(on the peach discussion above me)I don't mind peaches but there not right when you have a squad of yellow then a peach odd one out.
And anyway yellows are classic. 8)

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:08 pm

I agree with Joetrillion on the peach issue i don't mine them but its like they get in the way
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:09 pm

james+burgundy wrote:I agree with Joetrillion on the peach issue i don't mine them but its like they get in the way
Yeah I never really liked them the don't really fit in the Lego world they are kinda like the bit soft candy bars that come out of the candy machine, you still eat them but don't really enjoy them.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Joetrillion
Officer

Post by Joetrillion » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:05 am

Yeah they look like you could put them in your mouth and blow bubbles.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:04 am

So....This went from consturction technueches (WARNING:HORRIBLE SPELLING LEVELS ARE HIGH.)to a fight over weather yellow or peach is supoior?I found an easy soultion.My bro likes peaches,so all the sets i get that have peach,i give him the head,and he gives me yellow heads.

*****BACK ON TOPIC*****
I need some help building a 40k sentineal.I REALLY want one for my army,but after 3 hours of trying,i coulnd'nt get it and pormtly threw what i had at the wall.If you have ideas please not that interchanable wepons would be nice. :D :D
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Post by Atomsk » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:14 am

This thing looks a lot like an AT-ST or AT-RT from Star Wars, so I'd suggest looking those up on Brickshelf, and seeing how people put the legs together. I'm going to assume that is the part you're hung up on, because they are one of the more difficult features on most walkers.

I looked up some images on google, and from the looks of them, you've got to choose if you want the top open or not, and what sort of chin-mounted weapons you're going to put on it. One model that had a chain saw slung underneath caught my eye, but I'm not sure how practical that is on a light assault walker.

Oh, and I love the exhaust pipes on the back of this thing, it's like they took them straight of an 18-wheeler semi truck. Very steampunk.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:17 am

Atomsk wrote:This thing looks a lot like an AT-ST or AT-RT from Star Wars, so I'd suggest looking those up on Brickshelf, and seeing how people put the legs together. I'm going to assume that is the part you're hung up on, because they are one of the more difficult features on most walkers.

I looked up some images on google, and from the looks of them, you've got to choose if you want the top open or not, and what sort of chin-mounted weapons you're going to put on it. One model that had a chain saw slung underneath caught my eye, but I'm not sure how practical that is on a light assault walker.

Oh, and I love the exhaust pipes on the back of this thing, it's like they took them straight of an 18-wheeler semi truck. Very steampunk.
What you found is a Steel Legion Sentinal,Which fights in Ash wastes,and a Catachan Sentineal,Which fights in jungels,hence the chain-saw.And yeah,i did give up on the legs.I think we should try the Catachan one first,since it donsnt have to be sealed.And it has that chainsaw.
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:18 am

Atomsk wrote:This thing looks a lot like an AT-ST or AT-RT from Star Wars, so I'd suggest looking those up on Brickshelf, and seeing how people put the legs together. I'm going to assume that is the part you're hung up on, because they are one of the more difficult features on most walkers.

What you found is a Steel Legion Sentinal,Which fights in Ash wastes,and a Catachan Sentineal,Which fights in jungels,hence the chain-saw.And yeah,i did give up on the legs.I think we should try the Catachan one first,since it donsnt have to be sealed.And it has that chainsaw.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:47 am

WTF double post?How did that happen?

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:49 am

WTF triple post?!

I know how that happened.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:51 am

WTF Quadrueple post!?ZOMG!

No seriously how is we gonna build the sentianl(chatchan)?

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Post by Atomsk » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:26 pm

I'll build one when I get home and show you.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:20 pm

depends, do you want it scale to this, bigger or larger

anyway look around a little. I just dug up this and it looks about right if you've got the parts.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=108773

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:22 pm

I'm not sure if this is a building technique or if you're asking for building instructions. This is IV's thread though, and my interpretation of his words don't mean jack. If you were to ask me how to make a mechanical fixture, I'll give it a try.

That thing doesn't look a whole lot bigger than a SW AT-RT, so start with that. The other giant misconception about mech legs is that they have to be able to be very pose-able. What you'll find is that it's more important to be able to sustain a weighty cockpit than it is to have it pirouette. Go look at brickcommander for a while and see what he does for legs.

And finally, there's no need to quote someone who posted right above you unless you really want to dissect what they said into tiny, edible, error-heavy strips.
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS