Piqabrick - A.I. based Brick recognition Software and Box

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Piqabrick - A.I. based Brick recognition Software and Box

Post by MadMario » Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:39 pm

Today, I`d like to draw your attention to an ambitious Project that I`m supporting for quite a while now:

Piqabrick is mainly a software concept for taking stock and organising bricks. Part of it is a video recognition algorithm (in fact it`s four of them) which recognizes bricks and figures by shape and colour.

The database will be linked to major marketplaces and platforms like bricklink, brickowl, peeron etc. ,so you can either quickly find parts and get the ID (for buying more, or even sell them) or just fill the database with your inventory, which will tell you then what sets you can build or which parts you need for a particular set.

As a supporter from the beginning, I applied for becoming a Beta-Tester, and was chosen along with 11 others to get a prototype of the box and access to a rough version of the software (with limited database function). It was fun building the custom box (the top with the camera fits perfectly on a 16 x 16 framework), and quite exciting to watch the algorithm learn to recognize parts from different angles after a while.

For the Kickstarter Campaign I also made a little review video, showing some features of the box in action.

Right now, there`s still a few days left to support on KS, so have a look at it, and tell me what you think!
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImageImageImage

sahasrahla
that is a fantastic question to which no satisfactory answer will be forthcoming

Re: Piqabrick - A.I. based Brick recognition Software and Box

Post by sahasrahla » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:18 am

that's really fuggin cool

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Re: Piqabrick - A.I. based Brick recognition Software and Box

Post by Natalya » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:15 pm

This is fucking awesome.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."