LEGO nowadays

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:08 pm

I've seen uglyer.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:11 pm

Must have been a close thing.

Carda
Officer

Post by Carda » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:29 am

Yak wrote:LOL. I wish there was a Lego giving Santa..
Are you kidding? That's just about all I got for Manly Santa Day this year! Parents-in-law picked up the package deal of the 2007 Castle lineup; basically every Castle set except for the Dwarven Mine and the Skeleton Ship.

It's nice to have family who will indulge your obsessions from time to time.
Bravo 13th: A Lego webcomic

http://lessthan3.netraptor.org/bravo13th/

bluebright
Officer

Post by bluebright » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:22 pm

I sold old saying i prefer those 1996 sets...but I agree with a bunch of people in this topic that lego was a little bland in 04, 05, but its seems they've found a balance between crap and awesome. I mean, vikings, come on! New guns in the SW sets etc.

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:25 pm

Those vikings are AWESOME they have the faces i find best suited for brikwars.
AND vikings just rock (the dragon could have been nicer though)
they also provide me with usefull pneumatic T- bits which is a good thing
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Cpt. Zipps
Mega Blok

Post by Cpt. Zipps » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:17 am

IVhorseman wrote:i actually remember the older days! like all those space sets with wave after wave of just strange factions (ice planet, the UFOs, insectoids, exploriens, space police etc.), and i personally prefer those types of sets to the sleeker stuff coming out now. call me old-fashioned, but i actually like the days when curves were just gradual shifts using plates stacked on top of eachother as opposed to this new smooth crap. i mean it's asthetic, but it takes out so much of the flavor legos had IMO

I agree totaly. I have been discouraged from getting new sets because of the crappieness of the stuff. I would deffenatly get the UFOs or the ice planet or my personal favorite, the original aquaraiders, aquanauts and sharkmen.
the original castle stuff was good too. I remember that when I was 5 I got a bucket of old lego from my babysitters friend and to this day those are the pieces that I use most often. I mean, nothing can beat the trans orange chainsaw! even the johnny thunder and original knights kingdom were good( knights kingdom with out all of the characters).

Bluehawk2000
Officer

Post by Bluehawk2000 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:53 pm

Cpt. Zipps wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:i actually remember the older days! like all those space sets with wave after wave of just strange factions (ice planet, the UFOs, insectoids, exploriens, space police etc.), and i personally prefer those types of sets to the sleeker stuff coming out now. call me old-fashioned, but i actually like the days when curves were just gradual shifts using plates stacked on top of eachother as opposed to this new smooth crap. i mean it's asthetic, but it takes out so much of the flavor legos had IMO

I agree totaly. I have been discouraged from getting new sets because of the crappieness of the stuff. I would deffenatly get the UFOs or the ice planet or my personal favorite, the original aquaraiders, aquanauts and sharkmen.
the original castle stuff was good too. I remember that when I was 5 I got a bucket of old lego from my babysitters friend and to this day those are the pieces that I use most often. I mean, nothing can beat the trans orange chainsaw! even the johnny thunder and original knights kingdom were good( knights kingdom with out all of the characters).
Off topic-Nice to find some one else who likes aqua-whatever,sadly I only got into lego the last year of it(the stingrays and the other which I hear refered to as hydronauts although the where actually called aqua nauts which most use the term to refer to all aqua sets the auquanauts,aquasharks,aqua somthing else) so I never got the earlier ones,except for a few original aqua raider sets i got on ebay and never put back together. Aqua is only second to rockraiders in my list of favorite legos(my first lego set was the Chrome Crusher)

on topic-The sets have improved bu the stickers are starting to get out of hand,look at that big exo-force thing with the big green wheels a whole 12x20(I think) tile is covered in a massive sticker and that about all the detail on the side.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:59 am

actually, i just realized stickers are really, really cool. mostly because you can just slap them onto something else, even non-legos!

so my laptop has all the stickers from the jungle cutter all over the keyboard. nothing says "Ctrl" like a fat, red X.

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:15 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Jemulov wrote:I like how they are starting to make guns and not using reversed loudspeakers as blaster rifles.
hey! don't diss the classics! those blasters are gold man, gold!
I so agree. I HATE the new Star Wars blasters, the megaphone is pure classic GOLD. MEGAPHONE FTW!!!!
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.

Emporor2000
Champion
Champion

Post by Emporor2000 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:31 pm

I think the 1998 sets were great. Now Lego uses too many other companies!!!!!!!!!!
"Fear shows up to degenerate hearts."

-Dido of Carthage

Emporor2000
Champion
Champion

Post by Emporor2000 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:33 pm

And another thing - they're really stingy with their use of minifigs. In exoforce for example they had an entire castle with one guy in it.

And exoforce hair succks.

And so do the faces.
"Fear shows up to degenerate hearts."

-Dido of Carthage

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:06 pm

Man, My firend just got his hands on some rock radiers stuff( don't ask me how) and as i type this,his rock golem is eating my troop carrier,and his kinghts are hacking my Stormtoopers to bits.

Damn.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:17 pm

At least the battlefield is filled with dead bodies!
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:24 pm

IVhorseman wrote:actually, i just realized stickers are really, really cool. mostly because you can just slap them onto something else, even non-legos!

so my laptop has all the stickers from the jungle cutter all over the keyboard. nothing says "Ctrl" like a fat, red X.
A bin I used to use for LEGO was plastered with stickers from some rocket ship set.
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

Tophermo
Battlefield General

Post by Tophermo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:58 pm

I happen to like bionicles