2008 RebelTrooper and Friends are Flesh Colored-Coincidence?

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Which of the 3 stormtrooper helmet paintjobs best expresses how the Empire is obviously better than the Rebel Alliance?

Left (Early model, split 'lip', wandering eyeholes)
6%
Middle (2nd design I was aware of or else the other was simply horribly mispainted)
22%
Right (With new silver-y paint, bigger eyeholes, and a tasteful new gun!)
72%

Total votes: 36

Carrnevil9
Officer

2008 RebelTrooper and Friends are Flesh Colored-Coincidence?

Post by Carrnevil9 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:58 pm

Here I sit, nothing better to do but look over my scattered discarded pop cans and various knocked over minifigs when I happen to glance at one of my Rebel Troopers. Those of you not acquainted with Star Wars or its various outlying suburbs may not see the irony in this, but these easy to slaughter cannon fodder in fact have peachy flesh colored skin. Just to compare them to the guys who managed to crush them with little resistance, that is to say, Stormtroopers (Of the Stormtrooper effect, mind you), a quick examination shows that their heads have ranged from Yellow to fleshy to their modern day black counterparts. So I put it to you, citizens of Brikwars forums- were the 08 rebel troopers created less equal than their imperial counterparts? Is the Lego Company suggesting that fleshys are worthless and should all die in about 5 minutes? Or is this whole thing being blown way out of proportion when I should really be talking about how superior the new Stormtrooper helmets are? (Helmets, and poll based on them, below)
Last edited by Carrnevil9 on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:56 am

definitely the helmets. the reason the new rebels are peach colored is that the starwars and movie sets try REALLY hard to be as realistic as possible, and therefore make all humans skin-colored (yes skin, not peach, lest we forget lando). stormtroopers are black headed to get that real cool visor sheen.

speaking of helmets, how are the new helmets? i have not heard their praises. also, do the rebels have their oddly shaped helmets as well? or did lego just recycle some helmet already in use for them?

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:48 am

Ah, sorry about the lack of reply. I've commandeered a camera and will attempt to point out the finer... points of this. It'll be a moment while I upload the pictures.

Edit: Image
Here we have, from left to right, the various states that the stormy helm has been through. The new 08 model sports a neat new silver/black mouth.. .thing.

And here's the Rebels, with a mechanic sneaking in the side there. Attention wh@re.

And finally, this is a picture of a rebel trying to wear the black visor that does not rotate in any fashion on his bald, cold, helmetless head.

Edited Edit:
As far as Mr. Billy Dee Williams is concerned, I think he's smiling either way.

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

Yak
Champion
Champion

Post by Yak » Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:43 am

Yeah I wonder why he's laughing with two girls next to him in Bikinis :P .
Anyway I personally like the second Stormtrooper because it just looks more like it. The newest one with the big eyes isn't really realistic because Stormtroopers don't have that big eyes. But that's just my opinion.
The Leader of the LBW (Legion of the Brik Warriors)

The Lizard King
Hero

Post by The Lizard King » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:36 am

I like all those minifigs. The best storm troopers are the one on the left.
"I Am The Lizard King, I can do Anything"

james+burgundy
I tend to just pile the shit on myself

Post by james+burgundy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:31 pm

other then the eyes of the storm trooper the last trooper is the best.
Been here longer then pretty much all of you or some shit.

The Lizard King
Hero

Post by The Lizard King » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:39 pm

I'll probably end up getting the new rebel trooper and storm trooper set. Once I do I'm replacing the Rebel's heads with yellow ones!

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:01 pm

death to the fleshy's (especialy harry potter)

The Lizard King
Hero

Post by The Lizard King » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:54 pm

Haha, thats why I have a yellow skinned harry potter. But he always gets killed too.

King of Brix
Minifig

Post by King of Brix » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:59 pm

Peaches should die... Also, right-most storm trooper... I'm going to find a set with a lot of those ones, simply for the guns. Their awesome!
Red Clay Studios Click here, and read my latest battle report! More coming soon.

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:47 pm

well, quite technically, those guns have been out with clone trooper packs for about a year. They also came with the Imperial Dropship (Y'know, the actual dropship, not this tiny blueish turd I'm about to review) but buying one of those for 4 guns is a bit more expensive than buying 4 clones for $10.

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:48 pm

The Battle Pack idea was definitely a good one, especially for something like Brikwars. You think they know about it and are putting out "Build Your Army" stuff to appeal to the common Brikwars player? It's certainly an excellent idea, because otherwise you had to go to odd places and unusual ends to get just minifigs. With these, you get minifigs and a few spare parts (as opposed to getting 4 minifigs along with a huge fucking spaceship). Which is very useful to the average player. I find them extremely useful, and am currently saving up for a CLONE THEMED ARMY! Huzzah!
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Captain Nomouth
Officer

Post by Captain Nomouth » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:00 pm

I'm not entirely sure which stromtrooper is the best. I like the first one because his eyes and forehead-line-thingy look good, the second one normaly has pants that match (which look really good), and the third one has a better gun and mouth.
Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Captainhusky
Champion
Champion

Post by Captainhusky » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:59 pm

Olothontor wrote:The Battle Pack idea was definitely a good one, especially for something like Brikwars. You think they know about it and are putting out "Build Your Army" stuff to appeal to the common Brikwars player? It's certainly an excellent idea, because otherwise you had to go to odd places and unusual ends to get just minifigs. With these, you get minifigs and a few spare parts (as opposed to getting 4 minifigs along with a huge fucking spaceship). Which is very useful to the average player. I find them extremely useful, and am currently saving up for a CLONE THEMED ARMY! Huzzah!
I wish they did it sooner , with more series then star wars , Im having a hard time finding blue suited minifigs for my, "Industreal Revolutionaries"
army

Venom
Battlefield General

Well....

Post by Venom » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:52 am

I use fleshy hands and heads for my Kroenen ninja guys....

And I am ordering more....

In paticular, a Death Eater head and such for a decent if not clinging gasmask on its own....

And besides, fleshy's give the game a bit more of a feel.....

But, then again, so does the unreplacable chaos....

:roll:
"Army or not.... You must realize, you are doomed...." ~General Grievous