2008 RebelTrooper and Friends are Flesh Colored-Coincidence?

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Which of the 3 stormtrooper helmet paintjobs best expresses how the Empire is obviously better than the Rebel Alliance?

Left (Early model, split 'lip', wandering eyeholes)
6%
Middle (2nd design I was aware of or else the other was simply horribly mispainted)
22%
Right (With new silver-y paint, bigger eyeholes, and a tasteful new gun!)
72%

Total votes: 36

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:47 pm

Olothontor wrote:The Battle Pack idea was definitely a good one, especially for something like Brikwars. You think they know about it and are putting out "Build Your Army" stuff to appeal to the common Brikwars player? It's certainly an excellent idea, because otherwise you had to go to odd places and unusual ends to get just minifigs. With these, you get minifigs and a few spare parts (as opposed to getting 4 minifigs along with a huge fucking spaceship). Which is very useful to the average player. I find them extremely useful, and am currently saving up for a CLONE THEMED ARMY! Huzzah!
you know, i strongly agree with this, but i'm still short on scout troopers, which i actually prefer as troopers as opposed to stormies. anyone know modern sets that still sell them? and without getting an imperial walker?

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:25 pm

Actually, I don't think any sets this year have Scout Troopers. Now that I think of it, I haven't seen any since Lego SW changed from yellow to peach.

Snow Troopers came with the Hoth set last year and Sand Troopers came with the dropship (both of these had been previously represented, but I'm trying to think of recent sets.) This year we're getting Blackhole Troopers and stormies, and apparently we're getting the Mark 1 clone helmets to go with the clone wars stuff (MTT, Gunship, etc. Getting some new jedi from the sound of it too.) But, uh, there was a scout troop pack that came with display cards and Chewie a while ago. Dunno if those would be easy to find...
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:45 pm

Carrnevil9 wrote:But, uh, there was a scout troop pack that came with display cards and Chewie a while ago. Dunno if those would be easy to find...
exactly where i got my other two. i only have two, i'd like at least two more (i got a dropship that holds 4, i'd like to keep the soldiers in uniform).

and new jedi? if they're making a kit fisto head, i'd be very excited. a twi'elik would be great too

The Lizard King
Hero

Post by The Lizard King » Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:23 pm

I'm checking Wal-Mart every weekend for that Imerpial Dropship set but they still don't got nothin! The shelfs are bare in the Lego section from Manly Santa Day. The still haven't ry stalked it! :evil: :evil:
"I Am The Lizard King, I can do Anything"

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:02 am

IVhorseman wrote: exactly where i got my other two. i only have two, i'd like at least two more (i got a dropship that holds 4, i'd like to keep the soldiers in uniform).

and new jedi? if they're making a kit fisto head, i'd be very excited. a twi'elik would be great too
They already did Kit Fisto. The Hyperdrive ring set, him and Obi Wan. Besides, the Emperor cut through him like an evil knife through soft jedi butter.

No, apparently Asajj Ventress (bald, very pale sith wanna-be), Plo Koon (one of the mostly awesome members of the council,) Obi Wan and two clones will come with the Gunship and The AT-TE gets Anakin,... aww, go look for yourselves: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=294252
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:22 pm

Plo Koon! Hooray!
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

Dertyyy
Hero

Post by Dertyyy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:58 pm

About the stormtroopers, the one on the left looks like Piltogg, the one in the middle looks like a girl I know (oddly enough), the one on the right looks good.
You are unique, just like everybody else.

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:51 pm

Dertyyy wrote:About the stormtroopers, the one on the left looks like Piltogg, the one in the middle looks like a girl I know (oddly enough), the one on the right looks good.
This threads been dead for like 2 years 1 day and 3 hours........
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:38 pm

Dertyyy wrote:the one in the middle looks like a girl I know (oddly enough), the one on the right looks good.
I have to admit I like this implied contrast though.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:42 pm

Besides, Stormtrooper chicks are sooo hot!

Massam
Dimmy

Post by Massam » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Sometimes I wonder how you find this stuff.
everyone < massam

kiemaster
Cannon Fodder

Post by kiemaster » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:14 am

to me they all look the same

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:37 am

Massam wrote:Sometimes I wonder how you find this stuff.
I just bet you do, you frustrated little blighter. You should see what Princes Leia gets up to.

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:10 pm

I can't see what's so difficult about googling for "female stormtrooper".