Battle of Rainbow Wall[HH Winner]

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Battle of Rainbow Wall[HH Winner]

Post by Swordsalmon » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:51 pm

Here's my entry for the Halloween Hellhunt contest. I'll be working for the next three days, so my entry is a bit early.

After the rout at the Basement, Conglomerate forces withdrew to regain strength and fight off marauding zambehs. With zombies, drunk policemen, bandana knights, and pirates at every corner, it was certainly not the time to face yet another threat. But of course, this exact scenario just had to happen...

There is a field with a strange Nega-Tower, originally just thought to be an artifact left over from the ancient conflicts between the Negaverse and Legorealm. However, this tower has been emanating strange corrupting powers, converting ABS to a wicked, inferior form. The only place to contain this is the Rainbow Wall, a gate protecting the rest of yet-unseen and unmade places.

Overwatch

A truly vile being, the malevolent Mega Beard, stands before the Nega-Tower.

Outback Jeff has sent a squad of soldiers and a ranger to guard the Rainbow Wall until the main force can arrive.

The Blue Bandana Swordsman and his knights find themselves at the battlefield, still angry about their numerous defeats.

Arghbeard's Arrmada, led by Captain Arghbeard, also encroach on the Rainbow Wall. It turned out that the Blue Bandana Swordsman declared war on the Arrmada after Arghbeard beat him at poker.

Turn 1

Conglomerate soldiers move onto the Blue Knights, killing a few. The APC fires on a tower, knocking it down and killing a heavy knight.

Spider Guy fires upon Pirate Jim in the house, but his contractual immunity saves him. A Blue Krawler advances on the Arrmada.

The Arrmada ship Gringotts fires its cannons on the Krawler, completely wasting it. The pirate Robobeard somehow drives on water and kills a Conglomerate officer.

Turn 2
Megabeard's plot has been revealed! He summons zambehs through the Nega-Tower! He teleports away, leaving Bronze to lead the zambehs. Pirate Jim leaves his house.

The Conglomerate soldiers take out a few more knights. The soldiers at the Rainbow Wall dispatch Robobeard. Artillery bombard the house and kill some Blue Knights, and the pickup trucks fire on zambehs.

Well, it turns out that the only person who hates zombies more than Outback Jeff is Arghbeard. He uses his gold-attracting gun to drag Bronze into a zambeh. Through Bronze is made of bronze, Arghbeard thinks he's made of gold, so it works. He also orders his pirates to slaughter the zambehs.

Turn 3

Various carnage.

Pirate Jim leaves his house.

The Zambehs proceed to attack whatever's closest. In the Leaper's Case, this is Pirate Jim.

The Blue Bandana Swordsmen, sensing the threat of the zambehs, does as stupendous feat to vaporise them all and revive Pirate Jim. It fails, so he only manages to bring Pirate Jim back to life.

The Blue Knight's fliers engage Gringotts.

Turn 4

The Nega-Tower portal brings in another being. It's Skadword!

"Why was I called here. I was having a miserable day already. And I HATE everyone here. Except for the Blue Bandana Swordsmen; I hate him the least. So I will grant you a few advantages against your enemies, who I absolutely HATE.

Skadword teleported the Blue Bandana Knights right behind Conglomerate lines! And the remaining zambehs are now fighting for the Blue Bandana Swordsman. And then Skadword vanished.

Regardless, the APC manages to destroy the yellow flier, and Pirate Jim is killed yet again. The rest of the Conglomerate soldiers advance ahead, trying to avoid the knights and engage Arghbeard.

Turn 5

The knights unite with the remaining zambehs, avoiding any casualties. The other flier exchanges fire with Gringotts.

Turn 6

Arghbeard tries a stupendous feat to summon a tsunami. It is successful, and wrecks the flier.

Pirates do all sorts of crazy attacks. A pirate crocodile eats a Conglomerate soldier, and another pirate throws a chainsaw a a combat pick-up to great effect. Pirates begin swarming the beach.

The Blue Bandana Swordsman's ninjas reach the Rainbow Wall, and slash one of the soldiers.

The Leaper leaps (Of course), and somehow manages to fail in pouncing the artillery. Humiliating.

Turn 7

Dahahahahahaha!

Skadword fufills his second promise of help for the knights by firing Spongebob from orbit. He strikes the Gringotts head on, totalling it while laughing madly.

Outback Jeff leads his men towards the shore, shooting down numerous pirates. Conglomerate soldiers move in to defend the artillery.

Adding to the Leaper's shame, the mechanic kills him with his suitcase.

The Blue Bandana superweapon finally arrives and fires its many lasers and missiles. It misses all of its targets.

However, one knight one-ups the mechanic in humiliating kills by killing a soldier with his broom.

All the forces in pitched combat.

The pirates retake the offensive and strike down Outback Jeff. Their crocodile, though without a master, manages to eat a knight and shoot another with its back-crossbows. At the same time.

Turn 8

I've had enough of this. Now I hate ALL of you.

Skadword reappears, and begins disintegrating Blue Bandana knights for failing him somehow.

Faced with this power, Arghbeard's Arrmada retreats, as does the Conglomerate of Salt Miners. The remnants of the Blue Bandana Swordsmen also opt to run away.

Aftermath

Corrupted ABS feeds upon the fallen, and two villains reappear from the portal...

Skadword, his underling Patrack, and Megabeard scale the Rainbow Wall. What could they be plotting?
In the end Arghbeard's Arrmada won by default, because they had the most minifigs alive. This would of continued, but it got late. Oh well. ^_^

Paco
Dimmy

Post by Paco » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:40 am

Great carnage and battle.
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.
Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:17 am

Great battle, Lovely write up, and good quality photos.
Your entry's score: 5
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:06 am

Great writeup, great pictures, but a pretty normal battle overall. 4.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Lt. Krus
Dimmy

Post by Lt. Krus » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:22 pm

Carnage! I love the writeup too, it was a nice balance between story and fighting. 5!