This is a Zombie Story

BrikWars fiction in long-prose form. Trigger warning: Walls of text

Moderators: The Shadowscythe, Quantumsurfer

Scottsman
Minifig

This is a Zombie Story

Post by Scottsman » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:52 am

Just a small writing project I'm doing in my spare time. You can find the first part HERE. Different chapters are written from the perspective of different characters, so they will have slightly different feel depending on who we're focusing on. Hopefully you people will enjoy it, I plan to have the action pick up soon, now that some of the survivors have found somewhere to get weapons. Turns out the worst place to be when a zombie apocalypse starts is in a highschool. Well, that or strapped to a wall in a hospital, but that doesn't happen very often.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: This is a Zombie Story

Post by Silverdream » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:05 pm

Scottsman wrote:Just a small writing project I'm doing in my spare time. You can find the first part HERE. Different chapters are written from the perspective of different characters, so they will have slightly different feel depending on who we're focusing on. Hopefully you people will enjoy it, I plan to have the action pick up soon, now that some of the survivors have found somewhere to get weapons. Turns out the worst place to be when a zombie apocalypse starts is in a highschool. Well, that or strapped to a wall in a hospital, but that doesn't happen very often.
I beg to differ. My high school is a fortress with space for around a thousand people. If the entrances are secured enough then Zombies would have no hope.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Arkbrik
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by Arkbrik » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:09 pm

This is good. This is great, actually. I'll be following this. Critique, uh... the "oh god oh god oh god" stuff gets a little long. Not saying you stop doing it, just think about it, maybe shorten it.
Silverdream wrote:I beg to differ. My high school is a fortress with space for around a thousand people. If the entrances are secured enough then Zombies would have no hope.
If you know that the zombies are coming, maybe. In this story it's more hum hum class is boring OH GOD THEY ARE EATING HIS FACE.

Scottsman
Minifig

Post by Scottsman » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:46 pm

Don't worry about the "oh god oh god" bits, those are mostly over.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:35 pm

Most high schools would be pretty safe (built like prisons, they are :P ), but dear god the thought of eating school food three times a day...

I like this conceptually, but I have a few stylistic concerns, things with flow etc. I'll PM you essentially your story but rewritten ;) .

Bear in mind most people usually hate it when I do this.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Scottsman
Minifig

Post by Scottsman » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:18 am

Highschools are probably very safe from outside attack by zombies. The problem is when just one of them manages to get inside, because then your defenses have turned against you. The things keeping other people out also work to keep you in. Get a zombie loose in a crowd before anyone knows what exactly is going on and you have a disaster on your hands. Up to chapter 5, by the way, you can find it all in my gallery, or if you want I can post links to each chapter here.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Sealing up a high school is pretty damn easy: most of them are designed already to keep kids in and wandering adults out by having few doors and high windows. They follow the same design principle as prison systems, or warehouses.

Checking every single kid for zombie-osis before one of those innumerable snot-nosed brats turns however, is near impossible. It just takes one bite...

Scottsman
Minifig

Post by Scottsman » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:14 am

Just posted part 6.