Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Falx Elite

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Re: Encyclopedia Bragtanica

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:21 pm

They look like they should be pikemen instead of archers.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:38 pm

Bragallot wrote:I'm still not sure what to do with these guys though. They're kinda 'eh'.
Canadian?

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:35 pm

It's typical of me that I would sit down to do some army-building right after I've posted pictures of all of them, but here's some updates. I essentially took all the factions I wasn't completely happy about together and added in some spare parts to create new looks.

The solution for the Eagle Knights' footmen was what I had planned for those blank torsos from the start:

Custom decals!

Also, the same problem I had with the Falx was resolved: more troop variety makes for a far more interesting army.

I guess they're now the White Falcons. And if that sacrilege doesn't troll some die-hard castle fans I don't know what will. It's crazy, but I think the white chainmail on the custom decals makes it work. This is much more fun than buying black falcons for 3 euros a piece on Bricklink, imo. I didn't paste over the originals though, can't troll too much.

Now, the dragon knights. No longer white dragon knights, as you see.

The idea is that one and only one of the Knightly Orders of Kerrat is granted the title 'white' and allowed to wear the colour of the High Magisters (white) in battle to represent the highest seat of power in Kerrat on the field. Officially, the 'white' faction is the one that has the strongest knights but because strength is subjective it is usually simply given to the faction that has most favour with the Magisters.

The practical explanation is that I wanted to return to the original, more badass (but given, also more generic look) of the dragon knights and recreate the feel they had in desperate alliances, where they cut through outnumbering water demons like it was nothing. Given, they kicked ass as white knights in Freedom's Blood as well but they also got stomped in Blood in the Sand and the Shard Plains. I know the colour doesn't influence their battle capacities, but if you look good while doing something, it's always good...

These guys are dragoons, btw. They'll ride the basket dragons.

One thing I'm happy about is how the regular infantry ties in better with the knights now they have the same colour helmet and arms.

I think they're the faction that appears the most in my battles, so they have to look good.

Northern Guard got changed around. Double handweapons for full berserk.

The Urban Guard was given the English helmets, partially so they'll tie in better with the new crownlions, but also because they're essentially the continuation of the old Empire that tried to rebel.

I also never liked how regular blue worked together with the crownies' blue, so their arms were changed too.

And more troop variety. What's not to like?
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:39 am

Sexy decals bro, where from?
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:42 am

I google searched them, but apparently this is the thread: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... opic=73573
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:56 am

It is awesome to see the sheer number of minis and factions you have brag :D

and i am glad the deathseekers are accepted! thanks!

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:56 pm

Wow, simply beautiful. Your armies are really coming together nicely with this new change. All I'm missing now is small amount of heavy weapons like artillery, monsters, magical creatures, and other warfare equipment to go along with the infantry and to really mix it up.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

darkpaladin
Officer

Post by darkpaladin » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:10 am

What did you print the decals on?
Sticker paper or something else?

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:46 am

Normal paper.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:45 pm

Did you glue them on after that or something. It looks very nice.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:57 pm

I used a pritt, it's best not to rub the pritt all over the torso, but get some glue on your finger and then apply it to the torso instead. You don't need that much glue anyway and if there's like blobs of glue the torso will look weird too.

The first time I did this (with some sort of Atlantis torsos, many years back) I also put transparent tape over the paper to 'protect' it.
*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:Wow, simply beautiful. Your armies are really coming together nicely with this new change. All I'm missing now is small amount of heavy weapons like artillery, monsters, magical creatures, and other warfare equipment to go along with the infantry and to really mix it up.
Well, I already have several artillery pieces, giant knights, bajoenikals, the Trogdor, the wolves, the Earth dragon, the flyer and something I have yet to show you but I still have a couple of ideas. I want to rebuild the Bull God (and make him better) and make a floating steam castle that bombards people from above. Also some chariots, various flying machines, a bragmech, a dwarven mech and whatnot. All in due time, of course.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:08 am

Updated with all / most new units from the Siege of Reichingrad.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

R4m3N
Hero

Post by R4m3N » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:42 pm

The figs are simple but I really like how they look like, good job. :P

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:31 pm

With the arrival of Apollyon's sets the Hitokiri ranks have expanded to 43 men (some women), this post will show what I did with the stuff and also give a bit of insight on Hitokiri culture / history that's going to become relevant to the storyline soon.

Before they became vassals of the Kingdom of Westeron, before the rule of the shoguns, the Hitokiri were ruled by emperors. Now the emperor's function is mostly ceremonial, although he still fulfills a political purpose. Should the Hitokiri revolt against the kingdom, the King will reinstate the emperor as a full-fledged ruler to overrule whichever shogun has risen up against him. The current emperor is Hasekura Tamehide (right).

The white ninja is hand-picked by the king himself. He (or she in this case) is the emperor's first guardian, but also his first assassin should he try to plot against the king.

The two figs to her left are spellcasters, respectively possessing control over the 'Armour of the Dragon' (defensive spells derived from ancient dragon magic) and 'Claws of the Dragon' (offensive spells derived from ancient dragon magic). The defensive spellcaster replaces the healer fig.

The emperor can only use military force if the king commands him to quell an uprising, but his troops are tougher and more elite than average Hitokiri forces, always kept back as a reserve in times of war to restore order should the need arise.

Emperors' guardsmen (basically upgraded sword ashigaru - who also got cannibalized) are elite swordsmen who can attack as well as parry with their katanas in one round of combat (other than that their stats are normal).

Warrior priests are found throughout Hitokiri lands, spreading the Faith of the Dragon, and they are practically never seen outside Hitokiri borders. These particular priests have dedicated their lives to protecting the sanctuary where the emperor is kept. They are a small elite force, feared and respected on the battlefield for their use of the naginata.

Group shot.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Re: Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Hitokiri update

Post by Zupponn » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:40 pm

Cool stuff.