PRAISE THE LORD

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

PRAISE THE LORD

Post by Ben-Jammin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:01 pm

I don't know if there are still any SW: Battlefront fans out there, but you will most certainly want to see this.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/ ... ront-game/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_vWs6MpBfo

I just shit myself.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Re: PRAISE THE LORD

Post by Zupponn » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:17 pm

I'm not surprised. I remember that Free Radical was developing a SW Battlefront game for EA before EA took it away from them for some reason (and now Free Radical is no more, but that's another story). Free Radical never could officially say that they were working on the SW Battlefront game, but people from the inside hinted at it and some actually came out and said that they were after the company had gone under. So, seeing that EA got someone else to finish it is unexpected, but it makes sense.

Alcatraz
Hero

Post by Alcatraz » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:28 pm

What would really make my day is Star Wars Republic Commandos, Order 66.
Where is ze Brickarms!!!!

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:42 pm

Zupponn wrote:I'm not surprised. I remember that Free Radical was developing a SW Battlefront game for EA before EA took it away from them for some reason (and now Free Radical is no more, but that's another story). Free Radical never could officially say that they were working on the SW Battlefront game, but people from the inside hinted at it and some actually came out and said that they were after the company had gone under. So, seeing that EA got someone else to finish it is unexpected, but it makes sense.
Well, for a while I was convinced that it would never come out since Lucasarts bit the dust. But, when I heard EA got the rights to make more Star Wars games I was more optimistic. The fact that DICE is working on it too makes me think that it might be a Star Wars reskin of Battlefield, which would be epic.

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:03 pm

Zupponn wrote:Free Radical was developing a SW Battlefront game for EA before EA took it away from them for some reason
Maybe the game was ... cancerous

Almond Status: ACTIVATED

GeneralOfDeath
Cannon Fodder

Post by GeneralOfDeath » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:08 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:Well, for a while I was convinced that it would never come out since Lucasarts bit the dust. But, when I heard EA got the rights to make more Star Wars games I was more optimistic. The fact that DICE is working on it too makes me think that it might be a Star Wars reskin of Battlefield, which would be epic.
That's... what Battlefront was in the first palce...

Honestly, though, worst case scenario is that it turns out to be a pallete swap of Battlefield 4, in which case I'll grab one and be done with it.
Let's Play X-Com: UFO Defense

The New Guy's Guide to the Brikwars Forums

Threads Won: 1 2

Times Banned: 6

Time Banned: 4 Days 2 Hours

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:13 am

GeneralOfDeath wrote:
Ben-Jammin wrote:Well, for a while I was convinced that it would never come out since Lucasarts bit the dust. But, when I heard EA got the rights to make more Star Wars games I was more optimistic. The fact that DICE is working on it too makes me think that it might be a Star Wars reskin of Battlefield, which would be epic.
That's... what Battlefront was in the first palce...

Honestly, though, worst case scenario is that it turns out to be a pallete swap of Battlefield 4, in which case I'll grab one and be done with it.
Well, I do hope that they add a bit more diversity in terms of what you can bring to the battle for you characters. I think they had something like custom classes or whatever in Renegade Squadron or whatever it is, I've only played the original and the second battlefront. I would love to see them add multiple weapons of the same type that can be traded out between classes or loadouts (ex: multiple rifles, launchers, snipers, etc.). Sure, there are restrictions based on the Star Wars canon, but there are already a lot of weapons that have appeared in Star Wars that no one ever really bothers with.

For example, I'm sure we all know the A280, E-11, and DC-15A:

But what about these?

84-U Hunting Rifle:

GLX Firelance:

KX60:

Or the RT-97C:

There are already a lot of options.