Re: The Lux

Post by stubby » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:26 pm

"Whoa"

"Whoa what?"

"Somebody on the forum just posted something crazy"

"Oh, I should have known"

"No, crazy like amazing, not crazy like boneriffic."

"Wait, you're talking about the brikwars forum right?"
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:23 pm

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the compliments. Not to sell myself short here, I'm proud of what I've done here, but I don't think I've out LDD'd anyone. Still, I'm glad you guys are enjoying it.

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:49 am

Paladin: “Eyes on target, Captain Ezekiel. Confirmed bogey is Valkyrie. Repeat, target is a Valkyrie. Patching you into visual now, Sir.”

Captain Ezekiel: “Roger that, Sergeant Aquila. Approach with caution and deference. Render any assistance they require.”

Sergeant Aquila: “Aye, Sir.”

Ezekiel: “Oh, shit…”

Aquila: “Sir?”

Ezekiel: “That’s no ordinary Valk, Sergeant. That’s…”

Valkyrie: “Yaaaaahhhr!”

Ezekiel: “…Valdís.”

Aquina: “Damnation, lady! What is your problem?”

Valdís: “Thou and thy kind art mine problem, Paladin Elisabetta Aquina! Thou meddle in affairs not thy own and thy kind hast caused much strife and loss!”

Aquina: “Now, hold on, that is not…wait, how do you know my name?”

Valdís: “Ha ha, ye art a soldier, art thou not? I am Valkyrie. I instinctively know all about those infused with the spirit of war. Ye art a warrior, born and bred. Thine is mine to know. On the day of thy death, I will come and place thou back into your body, reward enough for a life well led, or I will lead thy spirit to the Battle Plains of Ragnablok, where thou will spend eternity in glory. Test mine patience again, Paladin, and see which I will choose for you. Speaking of which…”

Valdís: “Handmaiden, go ye forth to where the spirit awaits and guard him until I arrive. I do not want another soul stolen and robbed of its just reward.”

Aquina: “Stolen?”

Valdís: “Aye, stolen. A consequence of thy inability to apprehend and contain thy Fallen. Put simply, the insolent wretches art fucking with the order of the universe. And we are forced to clean up thy mess. Now, tell Ezekiel, thine swine of a Captain, that we do not require aid from thee. I can hear him breathing over thy open comm line.”

Aquina: “Captain?”

Ezekiel: “(Sigh) Yes, fine. Patch me through to your vox.”

Aquina: “Done, Sir.”

Ezekiel: “Hello, Valla.”

Valdís: “Do not call me that.”

Ezekiel: “Sorry, sorry. Listen, we’ve gotten reports that Samael is in the area. Cleaning up our mess is exactly why we’re here. We believe he may be the cause for your most recent troubles. My men won’t interfere with your duties. Let us tag along, eh? We’ll do our jobs, you do yours, and we’ll part friends, ok?”
Valdís: “…Fine. But we will part merely as allies, for the time being. We are not friends with the Lux, Zeke, and I am not friends with thou. Thou had better hope this affair does not run foul or Sergeant Aquina and her grunts hither art not going to enjoy their return to the mortal realm. When that is done, I promise thee that I will come up thither to hast a talk with thou.”

Ezekiel: “Sure, Valla.”

Valdís: “I said, do not call me that!”

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:57 am

I like it.

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:52 am

Lux Paladin

The basic Lux Paladin is a divinely inspired minifig, not extraplanar in origin. These Lux are the men and women who heed the divine calling in their hearts, seek out or are sought out by the Lux, and are given extensive physical, mental, and spiritual training. In truth, every minifig has a Divine Essence but mortals who become Lux learn to shape and control this Essence and, in so doing, become so much more. Mileage may vary from soldier to soldier but common abilities include Glamour and minor Psioniks, in addition to sheer physical mastery and a keen mind.

When operating low-key, Paladins are equipped primarily with blessed powered armor and two exalted weapons, a Purefire Rifle and a Holy Sword. The powered armor, though highly technological in capability, espouses a vaguely antiquated aesthetic. Despite its name, the Purefire Rifle is capable of serving as a normal functioning assault rifle when loaded with conventional ammunition. The Holy Sword is overcharged with Purefire energy but this can be turned off with the flick of a switch, whereupon the weapon will function as a simple broadsword. Note that both of these weapons are “two handed.” In order to reduce strain, the hilts and grips of these weapons are locally magnetized to the sheath/holster equipped on the back of the powered armor.

Lux Paladin Squad Leader

The Paladin Corps does have a ranking hierarchy but is primarily split into five man squads. Such is their expertise that they rarely need more than that (though the Corps does insist on larger scale tactical teamwork exercises with regularity). The highest ranking among these is also known as the Squad Leader and varies slightly in appearance from his soldiers. He wears a bucket helm with a golden plume.

Lux Paladin DEUS Mech

Scale: Minifig
Size (longest dimensions):
• Length: Approx. 8 Studs (Approx. 5.52in. or 0.06m), Approx. Double with Weapons
• Width: Approx. 8 Studs (Approx. 5.52in. or 0.06m), Approx. Double with Weapons
• Height: Approx. 10 Bricks (Approx. 3.78in. or 0.10m)
Part Count: 157 Bricks
LXF: None Yet

The DEUS (Divinely Energized Universal Suit) Mech is a Paladin’s usual ensemble. DEUS Mechs are highly versatile and modularized mechanized power suits, able to accommodate almost any basically minifig shaped body (even if that body has extra arms or wings and the like). They can be equipped with a bewildering array of weaponry or shielding but their most common loadout is a Retribution Revolver, a Cataclysm Blade, and a large, multipurpose pack. The Revolver, dubbed the Hand Cannon by the troopers, is usually loaded with a divinely charged rod that can be shaved off and fired into high velocity HEAP like rounds and a Purefire clip, simultaneously. The weapon has twin barrels which are typically fired one at a time in order to reduce heat buildup, though it is certainly possible to let rip with both at the same time. The Cataclysm Blade (which has many nicknames) is essentially a much larger version of a Holy Sword and, like its smaller sibling, is overcharged with Purefire energy. The back module is most commonly a combined storage carrier and orbital range communications suite. Almost always, DEUS Mechs are equipped with flight modules in the form of rocket boots or as part of the back pack module. This basic loadout allows even the most basic Lux trooper to keep pace with the majority of Lux Angels. Depending on the loadout and skill level of the pilot (I say “pilot” when really the suit is like a second skin to the Paladins), DEUS Mechs have even been known to surpass them. It should be especially noted that the Mechs are divinely energized. Manna courses through power conduits and allows the Paladin to interface with virtually anything, even devices or (more weirdly) people that have no known means to do so.

A squad outfitted in DEUS Mechs is differentiated in rank by the color of the Plume and the Shoulder Epaulets. Leaders are outfitted in Gold, while squad members are outfitted in a Metallic Blue. Squads have been known to bear other colors, even deviating from the standard Silver and Gold base color scheme. This often denotes a special operations squad of some description.

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Post by Vami IV » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:18 am

You are a master with LDD. I want to see what comes next.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:20 pm

Yeah, this stuff is all really impressive (both lore wise and lego wise).
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:06 am

stubby wrote:
"Whoa"

"Whoa what?"

"Somebody on the forum just posted something crazy"

"Oh, I should have known"

"No, crazy like amazing, not crazy like boneriffic."

"Wait, you're talking about the brikwars forum right?"
I thought about this and I still can't tell whether that's sardonic condemnation or a kind of approval. I sense that might be the point, but that could be the Internet talking.

Glad to hear it, Zup.

Thanks, Vami, but I'm still learning. As you'll see with what comes next, I might think.

Appreciate that, Silver. I've spent more time than perhaps I should've on it all but I've been enjoying myself and I'm glad folks are enjoying it too.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:58 pm

Wow...if only some of these parts were available IRL in those colors, these would be gorgeous to see on display together!
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

Scratch
Reihawk

We're in Lux!

Post by Scratch » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:35 pm

This is just all great stuff, keep it up man.
Also, if the Lux have any chance-manipulating powers, then I have a bunch of puns waiting for the occasion.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:33 pm

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:Wow...if only some of these parts were available IRL in those colors, these would be gorgeous to see on display together!
I know, right? I realized shortly into building the minifig files how much I'd love to build them with real bricks. I could probably do a close approximation but it wouldn't be cheap.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:36 pm

Not to mention, BrickWarriors custom store just came out with bird wings that would be perfect Uriel and some of the other angelic figs.
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:10 pm

I just saw that. They look bitchin.

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Post by Quantumsurfer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:11 am

In the Pax Z30 wastespace, near the now-remains of the ice moon Powder IV…

Ezekiel: “Yes, Sergeant Aquila, I know. Believe me, I know. Just stick with her til the job’s done. Rendezvous Pax Zee-Thirty for the next forty eight. We’re assigned to Omega for the time being. And Sergeant? Good Luck.”

Half-Fallen: “Sir? That’s the last of them.”

Ezekiel: “Stow that Sir crap, Ophan. Call me Ezekiel…or Zeke. I much prefer that. Anything but Lord and Sir and Let Me Plant My Lips Upon Thine Arse.”

Ophan: “Naturally, Lord Captain Ezekiel.”

Ezekiel: “(Sigh).”

Ezekiel: “Alright, gents, go to transparent and magnify. I want to see what we’ve done here.”

Ophan: “Captain, it’s hardly worth looking at. We’re a glorified clean up crew. Honestly, I have a hard time even seeing what a well trained Tactical Group like this one is even doing here. Surely, we could be putting our resources to better use.”

Ezekiel: “I requested it, Oph.”

Ophan: “Sir?”

Ezekiel: “It’s simple. This mission suits my needs perfectly…hold on…Paladin, detach the Ring and drop it in that nebula yonder. Set it for long range. I want to know what’s coming in and when. Trigger it to breach the Astral at contact and tune the sensors to peer through the veil, if you please.”

Pilot: “Aye, Sir!”

Ezekiel: “Anyway, as I was saying, a Scythian exploratory vessel will be through this region in a matter of days, if all goes according to plan. Aboard that vessel is a young comm officer we’ve been watching very closely. He’s the most powerful beacon I’ve ever seen, Ophan…it’s remarkable.”

Ophan: “I’m not sure I follow, Captain. When they get here, all they’ll find is a broken system and its debris. Happens all the time throughout the BrikVerse. And it’s not like we can show ourselves to grab him off his ship…”

Ezekiel: “Think it through, man. We’re not going to consecrate this area.”

Ophan: “But Sir! That’s against procedure! But then…the Scythians will pick up on the Purefire destabilization…”

Ezekiel: “Not exactly. It’s not something most sensors are calibrated to notice. But my spy on the young man’s vessel tells me he is extraordinarily perceptive and good at his job. I doubt the Rents will pass his notice. Besides, he’s a beacon…he’s much more likely to sense a disturbance and go looking for an answer anyway.”

Ezekiel: “We’ll hang out here, in the Astral, for the next couple of days until Omega group calls us home. If they show up during that time, we can take a more active role in conversion. If not, I plan to leave the Ring to at least gather some info. Hell’s Bells, Ophan, maybe he’ll even discover it. Wouldn’t that be something?”

Ophan: “You seem very confident about this whole plan, Captain. How can we be sure the Sycthian vessel will even be here? Intelligence on the movement of those ships is notoriously unreliable. Even direct scout reports seem affected somehow. We still have people working out just what, exactly, is causing the interference.”

Ezekiel: “I have Forseen it.”

Ophan: “Oh, yes, your fabled Precognitive power. Of course, sir, forgive me.”

Ezekiel: “Don’t apologize, Ophan. Listen, you’re new here so allow me to be up front with you. I don’t trust the foresight farther than I can throw a DEUS Mech with the artificial g’s turned up. But it has gotten me out of a few scrapes by the tips of my feathers and I’ll rely on it if I have to. That’s why you’re here, Lieutenant. You’re straight as an arrow and you possess a rational mind. I’m going to need you to help me balance it.”

Ophan: “I shall endeavor to do my best, My Lord.”

Ezekiel: “I have no doubts on that score, Oph. No doubts at all.”

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:07 am

I am extremely interested in where you are taking this quantum, continue with the awesome forthwith.
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.