My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Bad Wolf
Champion
Champion

Re: My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

Post by Bad Wolf » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:36 am

Kk I'll try to get my orders in today. Sorry I'm gettin them in so late, having a super busy week/coming weekend.
"You can't kill a dragon with four wizards!" -Random Guy on the Street

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:35 am

Send a HWDP signal to the next Polish patrol in the sector, in order to call reinfocement to finish of the savage army.

I might send some dialogue suggestions via PM.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

noahfq88
Battlefield General

Post by noahfq88 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:24 pm

Is their any more spots if so please reply to this and do this please

My character would be a knight preferably a lion or crown knight i would like to buy a sword and if i have any extra cp or level points i would like to buy a shield :studgod: :belushi:
Last edited by noahfq88 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bad Wolf
Champion
Champion

Post by Bad Wolf » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:23 pm

Well I didn't end up getting my orders in. I've been at a conference all weekend since Thursday, so suffice to say I was just a little bit busy. I will have my orders in by tomorrow at the latest.
"You can't kill a dragon with four wizards!" -Random Guy on the Street

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:53 am

Run at terras army and smash a head. Garth should then hide under the corpse.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

devincp
Officer

Post by devincp » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:40 pm

First off i have to say this is the most amazing Brikwars story so far that I have read. I am amazed at the level of LEGO building going on here. I think that i will be trying out BrickwaRPG with my friends and family soon. also I would be interested in taking a faction or character if one becomes available. again this is all just amazing. and the fact that it has gone on for almost 2 years now.
John Galt wrote:I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:39 pm

Finally! (and sorry for taking so long)

First of all, thank you noahfq88 and devincp for your interest in joining. I don't plan to add more heroes but I still have a few more factions in reserve that may or not be activated before the end of the game. If I bring new factions, it will be in a few turns because right now the city is too crowded and the picture count for each turn is too high (110 for this one).

Also, I would like to remind heroes that eating to recover HP requires an action but using potions (like Vera's healing potion and the restoration potion carried by the Post-Apoc Survivor) do not. It only takes one inch of movement to drink a potion.

Again, the Warg, Captain Flash Maxwell and Daisuke have one level point available!

That being said,

SCS Avoidance Mk.II (Lord Mercat)
As soon as the ship disengages from the Flash drive, T.R.A.C.Y., the Avoidance Mk. II's snarky AI sense unauthorized personnel aboard the ship and alert Faulthworthy.

Faulthworthy attemps a feat to use T.R.A.C.Y. to hack into my computer and change the turn order so that he can play first.

T.R.A.C.Y. operating system crashes and need to reboot! (feat failed)

The Avoidance crew is now the last faction to play during the turn!

Carlos Indiana Devine (mgb519)
Out of grenades, Carlos uses his psychic powers to take a pipebomb from Jaras' inventory and guide it toward Spacebeard frigate.

Due to a bunch of low dice rolls, extra power is required to add range to the throw..

The pipebomb barely make it to Spacebeard ship and explode just outside the hull, dealing no damage.

Jaras Kyfi (Falk)
Letholdus the Horselord (Dienekes22)
Daisuke (Vami IV)

Jaras uses his supernatural d6 and try to lift Letholdus and Daisuke..

It works only for Daisuke.

Letholdus picks up a heavy weapon.

One Cyborg reacts as soon as Letholdus touches the weapon and attack him!

* Letholdus loses 1 hit point! (now at 0/1) *

Letholdus counterattack and kill the Cyborg!

* Letholdus gains 10 xp! *

Daisuke ends up on top of the larger pirate vessel, with the Guardiens.

Jaras uses his remaining supernatural d4 to lift himself in the air and reach the communication tower.

Vera Zhrkvsk (Silverdream)
Vera takes a drag from the cigarette (3 charges left)

Then she blows a powerful cloud of smoke at Spacebeard..

The smoke confuses the ship sensors and blocks visual sight, effectively blinding Spacebeard!

The Wagemage (Quantumsurfer)
The Wagemage: "Ha-Ha! Now you're speaking my language! Let's get right down to business!"

The Wagemage uses the deflected red tape to contractually bind the malicious spirit. Spending 1 CP to engage in a corporate buyout of its holdings, the Wagemage successfully turns the malicious spirit into his Thrall!

The Wagemage uses his leverage on the axe of the Rider to throw him from his horse..

.. not very far but the Rider is disrupted.

* By the way, a horse is an acceptable vehicle to evacuate *

The malicious spirit uses his action to jump inside the hovercraft then he sits in the backseat.

The Space Detective (Scratch)
The Space Detective spend his two supernatural dices to levitate a few inches and reach the car left by the Local Space Mafia on the roof of the store.

He gets in and try to take off but he stalls the engine (critical failure).

Space Detective: "Damn manual transmission!"

Staff Sargent Vance Dawes (Battlegrinder)
Staff Sargent Vances Dawes sprints..

.. and reaches the entrance of the store.

R-90 (Brikguy0410)
R-90 attempt to hit spacebeard with the beam sabre but he quickly realizes how far he his from his target.

He deploys his shoulder laser and stand ready to react if an enemy gets in range.

Garth Sneakyheadsmasher (lawmaster)
Garth runs at Tera's army, hoping to smash some heads.

Unfortunately, he fails to pass the fence and get stuck.

The Post-Apoc Survivor, AKA The Warg (alphafalcon541-IDLE)
The Warg takes a defensive position: "We can't finish them off, on our own. Someone needs to send out a distress call!"

Kapitan Bomba (Duerer)
Kapitan Bomba: "Tępy Chuj! No one cares for distress calls. A HWDP signal will do the trick!"

Kapitan Bomba sends a HWDP signal to the next Polish patrol in the sector, in order to call reinfocement to finish of the savage army... Then he starts to wonder: "Where am I exactly? Is there even Polish patrols around here??"

Kinda hard to say if this was a success or not... really.

Captain Flash Maxwell (Lord Mercat)
Still boosted by by his theme playing in the background, Flash tries to attract Space beard attention:

"HAHA! Well, if it isn't my third-most-nefarious arch nemesis Spacebeard! Still wearing that mask to cover the shame of having your beard forcibly removed by my righteous beamsaber eh? Not surprised you'd show up here! Nevermatter, neither you, or your silly parrot is even half a match for the intrepid CAPTAIN FLASH MAXWELL, so come on- TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT, YOU BLATHERING BEARDLESS PIRATICAL FOOL!"

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:41 pm

Spacebeard doesn't bite..

Spacebeard: Ye salty kraken! Easy to say for ye sorry swine hidden behind that smoke!

Flash: "Ha! The legendary Captain Flash Maxwell will see your pirating days come to an end yet! Come along crew! We'll take this battle to the skies- make for the Avoidance!"

Flash and his fans move toward the Avoidance.

Tera's Army (Alex)
Tera rides her horse in the city!

The horse trample a security guard.

Tera tries to switch her weapon for a bigger one..

But she fails and drop her sword.

The Shaman throws the unstable concoction at the group of civilians.

The mix explodes and kill three minifigs!

The Sorcerer throws another fireball..

One firefighter and the burning lady are killed.

The infantry advances and the officer fails to throws a spear.

The spear gets stuck in the dish of the communication tower.

Footmen enter the city!

An Archer takes one hit point from the Warg and a Footman misses Garth (and hit the fence).

* The Warg has 2/3 hp *

The cavalry also reach the city.

The Guard couldn't hit Garth but the Warg is attacked by a Rider and loses two more hit points!

* The Warg has 0/3 hp *

Overwatch

The disrupted Rider recovers while the other Rider delivers a powerfull hit that takes 2 hit points from the Wagemage!

* The Wagemage has 0/2 hp *

The Ancients (lordintype)
The Guardians begin to attack the cockpit of the frigate.

They destroy all three inches of it!

The pilot and the officer are now exposed!

The Ancient Officer kills the pilot.

He kicks the dead body out of the ship and take his place in the front seat.

The second Officer tries to remotely take control of the frigate but it doesn't work.

Every Ancient sprint toward the city except fot one Cyborg who turns around and throws his glowing transparent stick at Letholdus.

The stick explodes at Letholdus' feet, throwing him in the air!

Letholdus drops his no-longer-on-fire-lance and ends up two inches back toward the burning forest, uninjured.

One Cyborg and the Ancient Hero are getting close to the city.

Space Pirates (Theblackdog)
The Space Parrot leaves Spacebeard frigate and fly toward the Avoidance Mk.II.

He makes it to the spoiler.

Inside the Avoidance Mk.II, the Pirates move to attack the crew and seize the ship!

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:52 pm

Unfortunately for them (luckily for the crew) their attack was not very successful.

The Powder Master misses and the Mate deals low damage.

The smaller pirate frigate purge the passenger cabin to get rid of the annoying Ancient and fly over the appartment building.

The frigate fires its last two torpedoes at the cluster of Noxarian units.

A devastating explosion (54 points of damage) kills three Noxsec units (the Medik, a Riot Officer and the Police Officer), the Warg and also deals three point of structure damage to the Noxarian APC.

* The Post-Apoc Survivor, AKA the Warg, has been killed! *

The Pirates piloting the hijacked Noxarian cruiser tilt the ship on one side...

...until the triceratop loses balance, slides and falls!

The triceratop falls on the ground, crushing the recovering Rider and his horse.

The Triceratop dies from falling damage.

The Noxarian cruiser stabilize at a lower altitude and fire its machine guns at the Ancients attacking their frigate.

One Guardian is killed (the other one has only 1 hp left).

The light frigate frees itself from the T-Rex and attacks the Ancient Officer standing in the cockpit of their ship.

Overkill! Little is left of the Ancient's corpse.

The power sword of the Ancient falls on the ground but the personal teleporter stayed in the cockpit.

The Quarter Master assumes full control of the ship and fly forward. He fires the four remaining torpedoes and the four laser guns at the badly damaged Noxarian frigate.

The damage is more than sufficient to destroy the ship!

The wreckage crashes and blocks the entrance of the small facility.. we may never know what's inside now..

The Mate piloting the hovercraft tries to attack with the mounted cannon but nothing happens...
..A true pirate would have known that those cannons need to be loaded with a projectile of some sort :son:

The hovercraft backs up a little so that the mate carrying the rocket launcher can catch up.

The Mate hops in and fire his last rocket at the Ancients, killing a Cyborg.

Stuck inside the smoke cloud, Spacebeard make a move to get out..

But he couldn't find the right direction and ends up hovering over an APC in the middle of the city

Pierro Mimsey the Sad Clown (Zupponn)
The Balloon Man Balloon takes a balloon from the chest..

He inflates a high striker carnival game and pass it down to Pierro.

Pierro set it up in the middle of the city and look for a contestant: "Anyone thinks he's strong enough to ring the bell?"

Garth is dying to participate but he's still stuck in the fence: "Garth must smash! Please!! Let Garth smash bell!!!"

Kapitan Bomba get roped into playing the game.

Kapitan Bomba: "That's not a high striker game.. more like a tiny one.."

* CRITICAL HIT! *

The puck is launched with so much force that it knocks the bell from the game stand..

.. then get right through Spacebeard frigate, taking out two guns and some flight stabilizers on the right side of the ship (-1" movement).

The puck continues and is lost in the sky.

The Balloons animals get in line and follow the ring leader. Together, they start the great circus parade!

Anyone in proximity of the parade at the beginning of his turn will have to roll against the urge to join the parade (the closer you are the harder it is to resist)!

The T-Rex attacks the mounted Guard and disarm him.

At the back of the parade, the balloon artillery launches a balloon at the group of mafioso.

Critical hit! Pierro Mimsey adds a new unit to his ranks!

The beast trainer is turned into a circus trainer!

* WHIP-LASH *

The dogs get in line, ready to perform a trick that will amaze any audience.

The Local Space Mafia (NPC)
The Pilot get out of the car while the copilot takes the driver seat and restart the vehicle: "Hey boss. I'm not sure about this. You know what the Godfather is going to say.."

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:53 pm

Gunslinger: "He's right boss. And if we stay, we get to keep an eye on them."

Tony: "Allright. Take a few men and see what you can do."

The Local Space Mafia reorganize their units..

Most of them get on their way to leave the battlefield..

One Pilot, a Collector, the Gunslinger (Officer Stats) and a lawyer (with her briefcase containing all sorts of legal twists) stay and join the group of heroes! (they will help but they won't redshirt).

They turn toward the Space Detective: "Detective! Where do you need us?"

Noxarian Security (Bad Wolf)
The investigation team gets in the medikal facility and begins to interrogate the personnel.

Nurse: The Surgeon was murdered by an orc but that was apparently only a distraction! He had accomplices that looted the place!

Sergeant: "We would like to look at the security cameras. There might be something useful there."

The first APC fire at the stolen blue frigate but he misses.

The APC then back up so that the second APC can move forward and deploy the crew.

A Riot Officer, a Police Officer and a Sergeant get out on this side and attack Tera's units.

The Sergeant kills a Footman, the Police Officer headshot the Rider and the Riot Officer enter close combat with another Footman.

On the other side, security guards join to attack Tera but they were unable to take her down.

The APC fire all six rockets at the engines of the stolen Noxarian cruiser.

He aims very badly however and three out of six rockets completely miss the target, despite its size.

One rocket hit the small blue frigate, dealing 1 point of structure damage (5/6 hp remaining)

The last two hit the cruiser and deal two points of structure damage (5/10 remaining! Hull at 50%!)

The hatch of the Noxarian passenger cabin opens and the crew, three heavy infantry and one medik, gets out.

McQuain moves to meet them.

SCS Avoidance Mk.II (Lord Mercat)
Back online, the Avoidance Mk. II automatically perform Spacefleet defensive maneuver DM- 47B as a special security protocol upon sensing unauthorized personnel aboard the ship.

Suzy remarks: "Admiral Faultworthy sir! Hold on tight, enemy presence detected onboard! Ship auto-performing Spacefleet defensive maneuver DM-47B!"

T.R.A.C.Y. chime in: "PRESENCE OF SMARMY BASTARDS DETECTED, ACTIVATING DEFENSIVE MANEUVERS- PERFORMING BARREL ROLL! GET OUT OF MY BACKSIDE YOU FESTERING SUPPOSITORIES!"

The Powder Master falls to his death when the Avoidance performs a barrel roll.. The Parrot and the mate still inside the Avoidance are fine.

When the manouvre is complete, T.R.A.C.Y. take control of the ship's weaponry

Tracy: "SPACEBEARD DETECTED- UNLOADING 7TH LEVEL OF HELL UPON HIM AND HIS BLASTED PARROT. FIRING ION CANNON."

The shot destroy the cockpit but Spacebeard is fine.

Suzy: "Captain Flash Maxwell sighted, Admiral Faultworthy sir!"
Faultworthy: "Roger that, Suzy, all speed towards the Captain!"

Suzy spend the rest of the Avoidance movement to lower the ship altitude and turn to face Captain Maxwell.

DSM Agent (NPC)
The Deep Space Management Agent critically resist the urge to join the parade. She sits down and transmit a distress message with her laptop.

Still investigating high orbit, the Galaxy receives the distress call.

"Vehicle stolen. Agent pinned down in hostile sector. Request immediate evac."

A frigate leaves the Galaxy and heads for the surface to evacuate their agent!

Overwatch OF THE FOREST

Letholdus' viewpoint

City Overwatch

Space Detective's viewpoint

Character sheets
Spoiler
Show
From left to right:
1st row: Vera Zhrkvsk, The Space Detective, Kapitan Bomba, Staff Sargent Vance Dawes
2nd row: The Warg, Captain Flash Maxwell, Jaras Kyfi, Daisuke, Letholdus the horselord
3rd row: Garth Sneakyheadsmasher, Carlos Indiana Devine, R-90, The Wagemage
lue=Skill, White=Move, Green=Armor, Brown=Hit Points, Red=Damage, Clear=Supernatural

Send orders for the next turn!

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:40 pm

I'd like to take that SHIP out to dinner and a movie.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:54 pm

Space Detective is going to have the limo take off and move towards the extraction point, picking up the Space Mafia members as I pass them. Fire guns Tera and the savages behind her. Fire the missiles with SN dice assisted aim, one at each Shaman. As we pass spacebeard, the rear guns and the Space Mafia in the car should do a drive-by shooting at him. Then fly towards the large cruiser.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Any chance you could swing by and pick me up Scratch?
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Dienekes22
Cannon Fodder

Post by Dienekes22 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:12 pm

Question: am are the Ancients going to trigger on me or just the ones who saw me touch the fallen weapon (who I believe are both dead anyway)?
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these
Contest Badges
Show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Medivo factions - Medivo Forum Battles
Sci-Fi Factions -

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:16 pm

Alright, better to go for it than to wuss out so early.

I need to transfer title ownership of that hovervehicle to my personal accounts. Clearly, I have interests present but vehicular control has not yet been granted directly to me as sole proprietor (damn, damn back around to the middle, damn again and triple hell blast). To rectify this and secure my right and proper holdings, I shall be forced to punch the driver repeatedly upon his head piece, perhaps with breakage of the spinal column to seal the deal, and toss his rapidly cooling corpse from within the bounds of my property to a region wholly without. I will work closely with my spirited Thrall in order to accomplish this most righteous of deeds, of course. However, if I am capable of negotiating the sale of the vehicle in question myself and without the aggressive legal counsel of my present junior secretary, I should require him to see to the peremptory eviction from the proceedings at hand of all other active and engaged parties present to witness the transaction, i.e., e.g, and furthermore in reference to the driver's mate, heretofore considered the mate without, it should be noted in convenience to our own arrangements, any more rockets.