BrikWars Battle Royale Battle

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Brikthulhu
Champion
Champion

Re: BrikWars... Battle Royale-ish Battle... Stuff?

Post by Brikthulhu » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:35 pm

Well the idea is awrsome the battle is cool. :D

TheLEGObrick
Hero

Re: BrikWars Battle Royale Battle

Post by TheLEGObrick » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:57 am

Brikthulhu wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:35 pm
Well the idea is awrsome the battle is cool. :D
In practice, having like 40 different teams that have one minifig each doesn't work the most exceptionally effective of ways, due to the way the turn based combat works.

Either way I should probably get my ass around actually finishing the battle beyond the first round of combat... :son: :warhead:

TheLEGObrick
Hero

Post by TheLEGObrick » Sun May 05, 2019 4:42 am

Hey guess what, after a fucking like month since I last put pictures here, I've gotten around to actually getting a few more pictures. :fu:

Anyway here are some of the pictures:

So yeah, second turn of combat is commencing, which probably means someone is going to become less alive

Space Criminal attacks Agent Chase, who (of course) isn't going to try parry in order to counterattack.

The attack doesn't kill, so Agent Chase is able to counterattack.

However, Agent Chase's attack doesn't kill either, so they continue being locked in Close Combat.

Imperial Soldier sees an opportunity to get himself more kills.

Imperial Soldier: May I cut in?, Space Criminal: <Insert some kind of distressed alien noises here>

Imperial Soldier obliterates Space Criminal, so he's on a killing spree now, maybe, depending on if killing spree starts at two or three kills.

He then attacks the (also) defenseless Agent Chase.

Damage rolled isn't just good enough against the Armor, so Agent Chase survives for now.

In a nearby location, Henchman and Fireman are recovering from having Disrupted each other.

Henchman isn't in a very comfortable position however, being next to the pretty well armed Criminal.

Surprisingly the attack doesn't kill however, so Henchman is able to grab a weapon for himself and counterattack.

Criminal rolls a pathetic 3 Armor against Henchman's 8 Damage, so he gets outright decapitated.

He then grabs a nearby gun to get something in his free hand.

Assassin readies to shoot an enemy at some point

Diver attacks Alien Defence Unit Officer who doesn't try to parry.

A hefty 12 Damage against 7 Armor means Alien Defence Unit Officer gets impaled by Diver's spear.

It may have been a "bit" overkill to have the legs detach though.

Close by, Biker wants to get business dealt with Bootlegger for having attacked him last turn (albeit failing at it).

Biker's attack hits, but the Damage and Armor rolls by both parties are incredibly bad. to say which means all dice rolled a one, but because Biker's weapon is heavy, the total Damage becomes 3, just barely exceeding the pathetic 2 Armor of Bootlegger.

By the way that was the last of the pictures I had taken in the recent time. Obviously that's pretty bad so I should get to taking more pictures as soon as possible.
Last edited by TheLEGObrick on Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

TheLEGObrick
Hero

Post by TheLEGObrick » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:54 am

Hey guess what, after a month, again, I have managed to get progress on the battle and taken a few more pictures of it.

Note to self: Stop procrastinating this stuff for fucks sake... :fu:

Anyway, continuing where I left off:

Commercial Aircraft Captain and Farmer are still in Close Combat.

Commercial Airliner Captain proceeds to attack Farmer who declices to parry.

Both get pretty bad rolls, but Commercial Aircraft Captain's rolls are just good enough to kill Farmer.

Nearby, Power Miner turns around to take a look at Commercial Aircraft Captain.

And grabs another gun for himself to try gunning down his target.

He manages to hit with both guns.

The damage however isn't enough to kill, so Commercial Aircraft Captain is able to counterattack.

The attack also hits, and also doesn't kill.

Next up Space Police Captain wants to get things dealt with Racer, who of cource declices to parry.

However... with an amazing 14 damage against 4 Armor, Space Police Captain absolutely obliterates Racer... :ftw:

On the other side of the battlefield, Fireman is ready for some action.

He manages to get the weapon he and Henchman were once struggling over.

He also sees an opportunity to do a very neat attack...

So he starts walking towards Assassin.

This approach doesn't go unnoticed, so Assasin is able to do a quick Response attack.

The attack however has no effect thanks to Fireman's very good Armor rolls.

Fireman now gets close enough for applying the damage of the Charge attack.

Assassin's 2 :d6: Armor doesn't match the 2 :d10: +2 damage of Fireman's Charge, meaning Assassin pretty heavily halved.

From what it looks like, that's it for the pictures for now... I really need to do this stuff more often than once a month goddamnit...
Last edited by TheLEGObrick on Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:53 am

Nice
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:12 pm

Someone should do a forum battle version of this, it would be pretty fun.

TheLEGObrick
Hero

Post by TheLEGObrick » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:11 am

motorhead fan wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:12 pm
Someone should do a forum battle version of this, it would be pretty fun.
Yeah I think it would probably be way better with one person controlling one minifig instead one person controlling 40 minifigs... :lol:

The main issue with it would of course be how are we gonna get enough people for that entire battle...

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:54 am

True, it might be better with 15-20, or perhaps if everyone controls teams of 3 or 4 minifigs that all start unarmed.

TheLEGObrick
Hero

Post by TheLEGObrick » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:22 am

motorhead fan wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:54 am
True, it might be better with 15-20, or perhaps if everyone controls teams of 3 or 4 minifigs that all start unarmed.
That is actually an excellent idea... As a decent player of battle royale games, I know games that do operate one of the two ways. Of course one thing that should be done to accomodate that, is an actual area designed to work well with that, unlike this one of mine, which is just a generic battlefield. :lol:

motorhead fan

Post by motorhead fan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:36 am

You could try could try to make some sort of island, with everyone arriving in rowing boats.

TheLEGObrick
Hero

Post by TheLEGObrick » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:39 am

motorhead fan wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:36 am
You could try could try to make some sort of island, with everyone arriving in rowing boats.
Oh yeah... I mean, after all, one quarter of my current battlefield is like that already. :warhead:

TheLEGObrick
Hero

Post by TheLEGObrick » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:40 pm

You know what's great about BrikWars, especially in battles that have only one Human participator? It's the fact that battles can be paused for a third of a year and continued without issues because literally nothing happens on the battlefield...

Of course that doesn't mean I should actually do that, so I figure I should get this battle over with as soon as possible, so let's get to it.

This location has some of the lot who haven't yet acted during the current turn.

Pirate First Mate decides to ditch his pistol and grabs ham(mer)burger-on-a-pole.

And proceeds to walk towards Snob to pummel him.

However it is not exceptionally wise to try use a melee weapon on someone wielding a ShotGun.

Especially given the fact that Snob manages to roll OverSkill on his Action roll, increasing the damage of his shot well above the Armor rolled by Pirate First Mate.

Snowboarder finally gets his ass up from being Disrupted some time ago.

He instantly legs it to get away from Snob as he doesn't want to receive the same treatment as Pirate First Mate.

He takes ham(mer)burger, and gets to cover.

Elsewhere, Knight is going to likely be in a little bit of trouble, as Coastguarder and Clone Trooper are both trying to gun him down.

Coastguarder manages to land a shot on Knight with his pistol.

However the damage isn't enough for lethal. Also, Clone Trooper's pulse rifle kind of gun overloaded and... disintegrated itself, leaving him completely unarmed.

Next to them, Mars Mission Trooper and Modern Soldier are continuing to kill each other with their ridiculously bad armaments.

Mars Mission Trooper attacks while Modern Soldier attempts to parry with his brik.

Both get pathetic rolls, and while Modern Soldier fails to parry Mars Mission Trooper's Attack, he rolls good enough Armor to just barely survive, so he gets to Counter-Attack with his walkie-talkie.

Somehow both manage to roll very well, so no kills distributed this time either.

Elsewhere, someone's gonna want someone dead... No wait that applies to pretty much the entire battlefield... Whatever.

Zombie Desert Soldier plans to give a good whack to Deep Sea Diver, who declices to parry.

Surprisingly, Zombie Desert Soldier did manage to dish out a pretty hefty amount of Damage, enough to kill Deep Sea Diver.

Nearby, Undead Super Power Miner and Doctor Goldenhair have some more of shooting-of-eachother to do.

They take aim...

... and both get incredibly good rolls, three critical successes in four rolls...

Undead Super Power Miner was the one who rolled worse though... so he's not alive.

Near another corner of the battlefield, :troll: tries to shoot, again, and this time at Space Police Captain.

He manages to land the hit, but the Damage is absolutely pathetic, and Space Police Captain is effectively unharmed.

Space Police Captain: "Don't make me come over there to kick your ass, you ain't got a chance"

Close to them, Space Police Officer and Space Criminal Leader have some fighting to do.

Space Criminal Leader tries to Attack Space Police Officer with his halberd.

The attack misses though, so Space Police Officer gets to counterattack.

Space Police Officer hits, and very well, thus Space Criminal Leader is wrecked.

Very close by, Knight has some things to do, that I forgot to do earlier, whoops.

He turns around to face the "now" unarmed Clone Trooper.

And begins charging at him.

However there is one thing he failed to take into account.

It's the chain dangling about above the ground, between the walls.

While he does manage to hit Clone Trooper, the damage isn't enough to kill, and having fallen on his face, he remains Disrupted for the moment.

That's it for... what was it... turn 2 or something? I've forgotten it already... :lol:
Spoiler
Show
(Turns out it's third actual turn, second turn of combat)
But I do have a few Overwatch pictures:

So... ahem... at the current predicament I have some things that could be thought to be as "plans", for the battle, but I need to wait for a decent bit of time, so... for once I'm procrastinating without actually procrastinating... Wait no that makes no sense... Whatever, the point is, that I won't be doing more of this stuff for a bit of time... that'll hopefully be less than like 4 months... :lol: :lol:
Last edited by TheLEGObrick on Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

lordintype
something different

Post by lordintype » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:42 pm

I can’t see most of the images, I’m not sure if it’s a me thing or a you thing though.
Iran will be the world's Luke Skywalker

Check out Anno!

TheLEGObrick
Hero

Post by TheLEGObrick » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:29 am

lordintype wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:42 pm
I can’t see most of the images, I’m not sure if it’s a me thing or a you thing though.
Oh for fucks sake... Google Photos seems to be working... unreliably... I guess I need to try figure out how to make it show all the pictures for everyone...

PS: I just checked, and... apparently none of the pictures are visible anymore... :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

I should probably consider using a different site to host the pictures because I have absolutely no idea how to get Google Photos to make the pictures visible for everyone...

PPS: I think I might have figured out how this works; Google Photos seems to make several copies of the pictures I upload there, and I've been using the ones that aren't public, or I haven't made them public in the first place... I'm not entirely sure if the image locations change though. If anyone has any recommendations of other image hosting sites that "might" work better, feel free to tell me :lol:

TheLEGObrick
Hero

Post by TheLEGObrick » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:25 am

Update: I think I've gotten an idea of how to make Google Photos actually allow these images to be public, so at the moment I "only" really need to add the correct links to my posts, so that the pictures will actually be visible.