Another Life

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Another Life

Post by Duerer » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:17 pm

Just as the fight over the Crown of Erebus came to an end, confusion within Jerzy and his last surviving companion only grew larger. With the final opponent being dealt with, they could now focus on wondering what was going on, how they landed in here, what exactly this place is and most importantly, what happened to the outside world after being sucked into the portal.

Polish Soldier: "Now that we’ve dealt with all these freaks I’m wondering how the hell can we escape this platform. Look! It's completely surrounded by lava!"
Jerzy Durer: "If we still even got a place to escape to. That blasted portal was emitting tons of negative energy after all and I barely remember what happened right before we got sucked in."

???: "Excellent, marvelously done! I had had champions from countless worlds fight in this arena, but none of them were as ferocious as you were!"
Jerzy Durer: "It's that voice from before..."
Polish Soldier: "Come out! Show yourself!"

???: "I expect nothing less from the one who has slain the great Beelzebub."
Jerzy Durer: "Beelzebub? That incident was four years ago... What does he know about that? And why would he bring it up right now?"
Polish Soldier: "I said come out! Don't make me repeat myself!"

*KA-VROOM*

*WOOSH*
Jerzy Durer: "The Crown of Erebus!"
Polish Soldier: "Just what's the meaning of this all?"

???: "Allow me to explain what all that fighting over my crown is all about..."
Polish Soldier: "HIS crown?!"
Jerzy Durer: "Could it mean...?"

???: "Yes. Before you stand I, Erebus!"

Polish Soldier: "Wait what? A hot dog?!"
Jerzy Durer: "*gag* Damn, and a rancid one on top of that!"
Erebus: "Since the dawn of time, people kept fighting for power which took on different shapes and sizes, either through vast amounts of wealth, holding a high position of authority or even sheer force."

Erebus: "This portal right here, hehe, is filled to the brim with dark energies. Warriors of different worlds tried to claim it for themselves in order to unleash its true potential, unaware that their spilled blood would only fuel the crown and lead to the consumption of the entire world. With their help my very own powers were able to grow stronger and stronger."
Jerzy Durer: "So you toss that accursed thing into different realms to absorb them? Does that mean-"
Erebus: "Exactly, your entire sector has been swallowed up. I never imagined to have struck gold with that one!"
Jerzy Durer: "The entire sector?!"

Erebus: "Indeed. A good number of power-hungry madmen sent their armies in to slaughter each other, making for the perfect sacrifice to fuel the crown. Over these past centuries, however, the inhabitants of this planet decided to seal me away, bringing my growth to a halt. It wasn't until Blinda's goons dug up the crown and reactivated it. Afterwards, everyone tried to get a glimpse of its power only to end up being my sacrificial lambs."
Jerzy Durer: "I still don't get it all. How did everybody know about exploiting these energies?"

Erebus: "Every realm that got struck by my crown over the ages had their own kinds of sorcerers willing to expand their power by any means. However, most of them only saw potential in it as some repository for dark energies or as a gateway to a new dimension at most. Krull, on the other hand, did actual thorough research about its true potential - a pretty scary thought I must admit. Quite ironic that he ended up being sacrificed before making it to this arena."
Jerzy Durer: "True potential...? He did mention something about 're-imagining this world'..."

Erebus: "And thanks to him, I just absorbed such an unimaginable number of planets and souls..."

*CRACK*
Erebus: "...meaning my powers reached a never seen-before high!"

Erebus: "And to top it all off, the soul of a mighty warrior is just what I needed! Prepare yourself!"

*BA-BLAM*
Polish Soldier: "GET DOWN!"

*SPLAT*
Polish Soldier: "Argh..."
Jerzy Durer: "NOOO!"

Polish Soldier: "Don't worry about me, chief! Just hurry and get done with him..."

Polish Soldier: "You can do it..."

*SCHLURP*
Jerzy Durer: "..."

Erebus: "Huh, quite a heroic act... Yet ultimately futile."
Jerzy Durer: "Why you-"

*SLASH-SLASH*
*PLONK*

*WHACK*
Erebus: "Why do you keep resisting? Just make it easier on yourself and face the inevitability of your demise!

Jerzy Durer: "*to himself* Dammit, I can't beat this guy, now that he absorbed the strength of thousands of planets. But no way I'm going to let it end here! I can't give up now, lest he'll go for other worlds to absorb them, as well. He must have some kind of weakness-"

*BA-BLAM*

Jerzy Durer: "*to himself* He was afraid of Krull and his discovery about the portal's power to reshape the world. But why did that of all things give him the chills? Could it be..."

*BA-BLAM*
*SLASH*

Erebus: "Blargh... what is this? My power... "

Erebus: "It's dwindling..."
Jerzy Durer: "Just as I thought..."

Jerzy Durer: "You converted the world trapped inside the portal into dark energy. Now, with it leaking, your powers have begun to diminish."

*SLASH-SLASH*
Erebus: "GYEAUGH!! STOP IT!! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'RE ABOUT TO DO?!"
Jerzy Durer: "Damn right I have."

Jerzy Durer: "Out of all the worlds you devoured, a new one shall emerge, thus saving the lives of all you've tried to claim for yourself in the process."
Erebus: "..."

*SLASH-SLASH*
Jerzy Durer: "Why else were you afraid of Krull uncovering your secret?"
Erebus: "URGH!!"

*BAM-BA-DA-BOOM*

Erebus: "No! Impossible! I'm not defeated yet! I'm not defea-"

*PLOP*
Jerzy Durer: "Well..."

Jerzy Durer: "Now to seal the deal once and for all."

*YEET*

*RUMBLE-RUMBLE-RUMBLE*
And with that the Crown or Erebus has been shattered, releasing the worlds absorbed throughout the ages and merging them into the new one. As the arena around him shatters into debris as well, Jerzy gave little thought about his own fate. Instead he was wondering how his friends would fare in the new world he just created.

Samuel, who rescued him in the nick of time above the burning remains of Puczysk and aided him in defeating the terrifying Beelzebub...

Grzegorz, who introduced him to the Order of Dobrzyń and thus a new purpose in life...

Jadwiga, who uncovered vital clues for the search of the portal, allowing it to snatch it from Krull's greedy hands...

...and everyone else he met over the course of his adventures.
Jerzy Durer: "I'm not sure if I'm going to make it to the other world, but I still hope you'll all do your best there."

Jerzy Durer: "Thank you and farewell..."
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Re: Another Life

Post by Bookwyrm » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:34 pm

A great farewell to Jerzy, hope we see him in some form in the new world!

Pyro
Champion
Champion

Re: Another Life

Post by Pyro » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:38 pm

That was an awesome ending. can't wait to see the new world
You are not worthy as my opponent