[HPH19] Traveling Company Mana Spire

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

[HPH19] Traveling Company Mana Spire

Post by Bookwyrm » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:25 pm

(Recommended Listening:)

The Traveler’s Society does not often engage in all out war, preferring instead to maintain the status quo on the eastern coast of Avross through the actions of the adventuring parties in their employment. However, when conflict rises to the point when they are unable to let it continue without direct intervention, the Society musters the might of a military sub-division known as the Traveling Company to restore order. In order to aid their loremasters and adventurer spellcasters in battle, the Company employs the use of specially constructed and enchanted mana spires, which allow magik users to draw from a pool of stored magikal energy rather than on their own vitality and stamina to fuel their abilities. They are most often carried into battle on mounted poles by a quartet of standard granite pawns and accompanied by at least one Traveling Company loremaster, but can also be affixed to carts, battlefield emplacements, or alchemic sailers as well.

Here’s a back view of the spire and the mount on the back to be able to attach other magikal accessories.

(Disclaimer: under this section are some other shots of the spire in action, these should not be considered as part of the entry for judging purposes but rather as flavor for the unit itself.)

The spires have a number of utilities when deployed into conflicts besides its main purpose as a mana reservoir. They can be used as foci to create lancing tendrils of destructive energized mana like magical artillery platforms...

As beacons to project the effects of divination, clairvoyance, and other communication spells much greater distances...

Or, when equipped with a summoning tome or teleportation scroll, as mobile rally structures to conjure allied monsters or create portal gates to call in extra troops to aid the Traveling Company in battle.

Parts breakdown, it’s 99 pieces in total because I miscounted and thought I was a part over budget so I removed a trans blue flame piece from the loremaster’s magik effect. Oh well, not much really changed so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lordintype
something different

Re: [HPH19] Traveling Company Mana Spire

Post by lordintype » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:19 pm

That’s really cool. It reminds me of the Carroccio standard from Medieval 2 Total War.
Iran will be the world's Luke Skywalker

Check out Anno!

Bookwyrm
Champion
Champion

Post by Bookwyrm » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:43 pm

lordintype wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:19 pm
That’s really cool. It reminds me of the Carroccio standard from Medieval 2 Total War.
I definitely see the resemblance and it’s definitely similar in functionality in terms of acting as a rally point for troops. Glad you like it!

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Post by MadMario » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:43 pm

Style: 8 - not much to say here, technically flawless build

Substance: 8 - same as above. Nice details, colour scheme and scale

Photography: 8 - clean pics, no hard disturbing light, effective breakdown pic

Theme: 9 - first also wanted to give an 8, then listened to Two Steps From Hell all the time :lol:
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImageImageImage

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:06 pm

Style - 9 Overall, it looks good, and it would stand out nicely on a battlefield.
Substance - 8 I think the build could use more detail at the base and at the capital.
Phototgraphy - 9 It might just be me but there's a slight haze to the images. The breakdown is really nice though.
Story - 9 The music is okayyy.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:59 pm

Style: 9

Substance: 8

Photography: 8

Story: 9

Comments: I like all the different uses
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page