The 2,020 February Figbarf

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Bragallot, Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

The 2,020 February Figbarf

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:01 pm

The 2,020 February FigBarf
Second Annual BrikWars Konstruktion Contest

Following the chaos and battle of the Rekonstruktion, the Brikverse is often left covered in the dismembered parts and spare doohickeys of slain minifigures, leaving a wealth of perfectly good ABS elements just scattered all throughout the multiverse, waiting for their time to come. Occasionally, in the months after the Rekonstruktion, a mysterious cosmic alchemy will occur, causing these parts to spontaneously mix and bond together, suddenly birthing legions of brand new minifigures into the world. This event is colloquially known as a FigBarf.

Participants

Participants will each create one or more minifigure builds, or “figs,” in real bricks, and capture a comprehensive set of images that show it off. A "fig" can be anything you want, but it must use the standard Lego minifigure as a starting point and focus of the contest entry, although other small builds can be used as tertiary elements if you wish. The Judges will have their own views on what constitutes a complete build and that will show in their scoring, particularly in Style and Substance. Please post anywhere from 1-10 images. Participants should include a parts breakdown image in their photo set. Simply create something BrikWarsy, preferably something that references the rulebook, the lore (community or official), and/or the history.

Participants can submit their build to one of two categories: Purist Pugilists and Kustom Kharacters.

Purist Pugilists is for minifigure builds that use only unmodified and official Lego elements.
Kustom Kharacters is for minifigure builds that incorporate modified or 3rd party elements.

Those wishing to participate in the contest should submit an original build via a new thread in the Armoury forum between February 2nd, 2020 and February 29th, 2020, including the identifier tag [FF20] in the title.

Participants may submit more than one entry. Contestants can only win one Reward in a category, however, and only their highest scoring piece will count in this regard. Due to the smaller size of these minifigure builds, it is encouraged that you consolidate all of your entries under one thread if you plan on making multiple figures, so as to avoid cluttering the Armory with tons of single-fig threads.

Entries may represent any BrikWars tone, style, etcetera. The BrikVerse is a wildly diverse setting and the purpose of this contest is to encourage more awesome new content.

Judges

Judging of the entries will commence immediately following the contest, beginning March 1st, 2020, and will end no later than March 7th, 2020. The final scores will be announced and formalized in this thread on March 8th, 2020.

EDIT: Due to horrendous delays, Judging was moved to the end of March.

For the 2020 Contest, the following are Judges:
  • ninja_bait
  • Bolicob
  • MadMario
The following are Secondary Judges:
  • Space Bunny
Judges will view each entry and score it based on the following categories:
  • Style -- Relating to the concept of the build, the inventiveness and creativity of the build, particularly any NPU, the technical skill with which the concept is rendered recognizable to the audience.
  • Story-- A picture is worth a thousand words. Be brief and use some of them to caption or provide background story to your images.
  • Photography-- Quality of the build's photography, the use of clean lighting and clear pictures, the capture of the purpose of the piece such that it is clearly conveyed to the audience. Also included in this category is the inclusion and quality of the parts breakdown image(s).
  • Thematic Potential, Tie-Breaker Category-- No Minifig is an island. Relates to how well your figure integrates into the Brikverse going forward, and how much potential for future interesting shenanigans they come with. Keep this in mind when conceptualizing your entry; generic soldier design #523 has a lot less to develop into an interesting recurring character than a unique hero or villain figure.
Each Judging Category is rated on a scale from 1-10. The scores from each category will be added together, with the exception of Thematic Potential, for a Total Judge Score of between 3 and 30. Total Judge Scores are added together to rate the minifigure for a Final Score. Decimal scores are rounded to the nearest 0.5.

The Thematic Potential Score will only be used in the event of a tie between entries.

Judges are encouraged to keep an open, diverse mindset when judging entries as they are not inherently required to adhere to any particular interpretation of Kanon or individually preferred tone. In short, we all have a good general idea of what constitutes as Brikwarsy but a great many of us have some pretty different ideas about the specifics.

Judges may enter the contest as Participants (see above) but may not judge their own entries. Instead, the Secondary Judge will take their place in the scoring of those particular pieces.

Rewards

The 1st Place Winners of each category will each earn a unique title and associated Badge (Purism Prometheus, and Kustomizer Kraftsman, respectively) and join the ranks of BrikWars Royalty.

ImageImage

The 1st Place Winner of the contest in general will join the pantheon of BrikWars StudGods, and gain full on bragging rights. They will also earn a unique custom badge, which will be pinned to the winning post and generally used however the winner sees fit (such as its inclusion into their forum signature).

Enjoy the Buildoff! Happy BrikBuilding and, as always, Have Fun.

GO TO: 2020 Final Scores and Winner

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Re: The 2,020 February Figbarf

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:02 pm

Who would like to judge?

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:50 pm

you can sign me up
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImageImage

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:24 pm

I'll judge!
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Post by MadMario » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:22 am

You can sign me up, too.
Compendium of my works
ImageImageImage
More Badges
Show
ImageImage

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:17 pm

We are now halfway through the contest entry period.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:03 pm

Little over a week left.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:37 pm

5ish days.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:42 pm

Couple more days until entry period ends. Also, I need a Secondary Judge if anyone is interested.

Food_Truk
I'm going to have to use normal children to test it before I can use babies

Post by Food_Truk » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:17 pm

Feel free to remove Elemental Kaos In Koncert from the list by the way, that design went nowhere with me.
:d4: Beware :d6: The :d8: Dice :d10: Rolls :d12:

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:11 am

If you want.

The contest entry period is now ended. Judges, please begin judging.

Red_SPAMbot
Officer

Post by Red_SPAMbot » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:06 am

Ooo, ooo...can I get CAPITAL A in to the judging? I ~think~ I got the entry in by the deadline (11:38pm Feb 29th).
:studgod:ImageImageImage

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:21 pm

Yep. sorry I missed that one.

Judges, CAPITAL A! is listed under the entries for judging now.

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:23 pm

Anyone for Secondary Judge?

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:28 pm

Moved Duerer's entry to Kustom. Did not realize it used parts in custom colors.