Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Postby IVhorseman » Fri May 09, 2008 6:24 pm

My current team's Alakazam, Infernape, Palkia, Carnivine, Skarmory, and Rhyperior. Palkia's a bit of an OP crutch, and i'm leveling up a Kingdra to replace him (and yes, the rhyperior is terrible rock/ground combo, but it knows rock wrecker, megahorn AND ice-beam).
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6346
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Postby Blitzen » Fri May 09, 2008 6:33 pm

I'm so lame that I haven't beaten the E-4 because I don't have the National Dex. Man, what a pain that thing is.
Image
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
User avatar
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:17 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Postby IVhorseman » Fri May 09, 2008 8:01 pm

yyyyyou don't need it? you can still beat the elite 4, and then you get to go to some crappy island, where they give you a 2x2 square to walk around in. there's lots of doors everywhere, but people won't let you through unless you've got your national dex.

took me a while too <_<
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6346
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Postby Blitzen » Fri May 09, 2008 8:06 pm

Are you serious? I can't get through Victory Road because a guy is blocking the way, and a FAQ told me that I needed the National Dex.
Image
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
User avatar
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:17 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Postby IVhorseman » Fri May 09, 2008 8:12 pm

Blitzen wrote:Are you serious? I can't get through Victory Road because a guy is blocking the way, and a FAQ told me that I needed the National Dex.


wtf? i don't remember a guy blocking the way. and i didn't get my national dex till i went to go get that damn rilou.

and even then, some national dex pokemon ARE elite 4 pokemon! like spiritomb and whatnot!
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6346
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Fri May 09, 2008 11:19 pm

Damn, you guys have got me wanting to play some Pokemanz.
Image
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
User avatar
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Brodmann area 17

Postby Tiny Tank Rannon » Sat May 10, 2008 11:09 am

Blitzen wrote:I'm so lame that I haven't beaten the E-4 because I don't have the National Dex. Man, what a pain that thing is.


Fight every single trainer in the game (even the gym ones) and it's not really a problem.

Alakazam sucks, I've beaten so many with my Garchomp, Breloom, Blissey, Heatran, Dragonite, etc... Because they're just better than it.

There's a reason why http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/alakazam It's borderline and not OU, because everything destroys it.

Compared to the oh so awesome dragonite http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/dragonite

Also Rhyperior isn't so bad when you have Solid rock as his ability.
User avatar
Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: Near Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Postby Blitzen » Sat May 10, 2008 1:58 pm

Hah, I'm not the only one who knows of Smogon. :o
Image
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
User avatar
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:17 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Postby Bonn-o-Tron » Sat May 10, 2008 2:18 pm

I know of it, I just don't use it. I've never been able to get into the whole competitive aspect, my short attention span is too much of a hindrance.
Image
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:
User avatar
Bonn-o-Tron
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:58 pm
Location: Brodmann area 17

Postby Tiny Tank Rannon » Sat May 10, 2008 2:21 pm

Blitzen wrote:Hah, I'm not the only one who knows of Smogon. :o


I know, much better than http://serebii.net/index2.shtml in Competitive battling, but Serebii is still the best for everything else (EV's, IV's, Natures, where to get awesome pokies, etc.)

And I still can't find a website that tells how much more of a boost the battle tower pokemon get.

Also on Serebii forums I'm Darkmaster Rannon, just in case any of you already (or want to) sign(ed) up for it, for whatever reasons.
User avatar
Tiny Tank Rannon
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 397
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:17 pm
Location: Near Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Postby IVhorseman » Sat May 10, 2008 9:13 pm

Tiny Tank Rannon wrote:Alakazam sucks, I've beaten so many with my Garchomp, Breloom, Blissey, Heatran, Dragonite, etc... Because they're just better than it.


well it's not a one-size-fits-all pokemon. i personally only use it when i know i've got something super effective to slaughter with it (Blissy and Breloom would totally go down from my Alakazam, btw). Going against a Heatran or a Dragonite would be absolute suicide though. that's what ice and water attacks are for.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6346
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Postby Blitzen » Sat May 10, 2008 9:36 pm

Alakazam would kill a Blissey? I wouldn't bet on it.
Image
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
User avatar
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:17 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Postby IVhorseman » Sat May 10, 2008 9:47 pm

Blitzen wrote:Alakazam would kill a Blissey? I wouldn't bet on it.


Blissey is the evolution of chansey, no? making it normal type.

Alakazam is a very fast pokemon with extremely high sp. attack. it can learn focus blast, which is a super powerful fighting attack that goes off of the sp. attack stat. fighting is super effective vs. normal. even with 255 HP, it's a losing match.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6346
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Postby Blitzen » Sat May 10, 2008 9:54 pm

Neutral doesn't do much for Alakazam, and 130 base Sp.Attack doesn't do much to Blissey.

135 base Sp.Defense and 255 base HP. Can you say, "Holy shit"?

Blissey is known as one of the most obtrusive special walls, and is (or was) often paired with Skarmory.
Image
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.
User avatar
Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
 
Posts: 1897
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:17 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Postby IVhorseman » Sat May 10, 2008 11:06 pm

With blissey, i ain't expecting any one-hit-KOs, for sure. but it's got an attack of TEN, and it's special attack is fairly low too. Personally, i'd most likely be using my infernape vs. a blissey, but Alakazam could hold his own.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6346
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

PreviousNext

Return to Lesser Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest