The Lego Wastelands: Turn 1

They're all the rage

Moderators: Elmagnifico, BrickSyd

The Lego Wastelands: Turn 1

Postby Warhead » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:39 pm

http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... 031#146031

TURN 1

The Scout CrazyHorse sprints while using his Stealth ability trying to get to the Scav Crab Power Armour. He manages not to be noticed so far...

He crosses into no mans land and spots movement to his right!..

Scavs! Sneaking through the building. They also have the Stealth ability and both parties spot each other instantly.

But there's no time for mere Scavs, CrazyHorse sets up a Response Action against the Crab. (Yeah, I know he's used Stealth and shouldn't be allowed to make any attack actions this turn, I fucked up).

Silva lays down some suppressive fire on the Scav Junker above...

...and misses, badly. Crit fail but not so bad that anything else happens.

Aoffan and MoronStudios storm the room. Aoffan sweeping for targets finds none but sees they're way is barred by debris they can't get passed or throw a barrel through. They move to the next room. MoronStudios grabs the Barrel and follows.

Aoffan takes up a suitable position with cover where he can see the target area where the barrel's to be thrown. It's at this point MoronStudios tells him there's something wrong. :shock: "Hey?.. Shouldn't this barrel be heavy and sloshing with explody fuel stuff? So, why's it light and have something rattling about inside?.." :evil:

(Sorry boys, but that 'aint fuel or volatile explody stuff).

Aoffan goes into overwatch mode, setting up a Response Action.

Killer K having detected no booby-traps feels confident enough to put a good idea into motion. "Smoke me a Kipper BOYZ! I'll be back for breakfast!.." and off he goes...

He barges through a door... "Oh SHIT!!!" Scav's have been sneaking up here too, Surprise!

Training and reflexes take over...

"BO-YAH! Asshole! Fuck Yeah!!!"

The Scav goes down and Killer moves in intent on climbing the pipes to the gantry above... only, WATCH OUT! :shock:

TO LATE! *STAB!* *STAB!* "dIe nOrM SkUmZ!"

The crude blade doesn't pierce the thick armour, for now but the determined and crazed Scav is firmly hanging on to Killers equipment and will be hard to dislodge next turn.

Trooper BFenix climbs onto the ruined cab of the APC...

Look at how happy being behind the controls of so much firepower can make someone. Priceless. BFenix pores on everything he's got...

The Autocannon can't find a vital area and deflect off the armour or impacts on the debris, the missile flies in true...

VA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM!!!

When the dust settles the Crab is bare of it's camouflaging cover and has lost it's powerful rocket tube and a Hit Point.

Sniper Krus does the smart thing and takes on the job he's most suited to, where he can be the most effective. Settling down in cover that provides a line of sight to the target he rests his rifle on the debris and squeezes off a round!..

...and rolls a Crit Fail, the second this round from different attackers on the same target. This Scav Junker must lead a charmed life. The powerful recoil sends Krus onto his back disrupted as the shot goes wildly off course.

F!SH finds some shelter with good arcs of fire and begins to lay down some impressive firepower with the Autocannon.

Shots rip into the scarce cover on the gantry before a round takes out the hidden Scav with the jury-rigged rocket launcher.

Master Sgt: MasterEcabob shows everyone how it's done by taking out the Scav Junker with a clean shot. You could almost hear the softly spoken word "smartarse" from both Silva and Krus.

Trooper G'o'D moves up and sets off some response fire from the last Scav on the gantry.

Fortunately it misses due to cover. He replies in kind.

Scratch one more Scav.

Trooper Piltogg humps the heavy Plasma Flamer over to some cover.

Where he sets up, covering the right flank with some heavy support.

Colonel Krieg calmly helps himself to a laser rifle from the dead gunner.

Striking a Heroic pose he prepares to direct the battle. Tuned into the Squads Comm Net he gives the men the benefit of his Tactical wisdom.

"Men, we're truly fucked here, I've seen this shit before. Get ready for a heavy flanker assault. They want us in that building boys, and it's the only place we can hope to survive but it's not gonna' be easy. Keep a cool head and team up, don't get isolated and keep firing. Now go to it lads!"

THE SCAVS TURN

The damaged Crab fires it's clunky heavy gatling. Seemingly the operator hasn't been effected by the missile strike.

CrazyHorse is on it right away but the shots from his Silenced SMG can't breach the armour.

Two hits on the gun destroy it into uselessness and BFenix bails for the deck...

He's successful and lands unharmed but his Blaster Rifle is back on top of the APC.

Another Flank... (right flank)

and another Scav Crab.

It emerges out of the wasted Lego rubble and waddles it's way forward.

Quad autocannons spit deadly fire!..

As it turns out, inaccurately.

Piltogg send out a blast of Plasma energy...

...But it's a miss!

The blast lands behind the Crab and the explosion of flaming death erupts just short, only blistering the chipped paintwork.

Killer K's day just gets better and better. Another Scav runs around the corner and he's subjected to a further assault... *BOINK!* *STAB!* *BOINK!* *STAB!* ...as both Scavs have a go. Again they are defeated by his armour, just.

Scavs are start appearing all over the place. One spotted by CrazyHorse gives chase.

He manages to block the attack.

Another Scav makes a dash across the corridor to attack Aoffan.

The Heavy Maniac Autoshotgun booms in the confined space.

SPLOOOOSH!

The Heavy RPG Scav manages to get into position.

He aims for Master Sgt Ecabob and the hapless Krus...

...and overshoots, blowing up the Colonel. He' not dead, not yet anyway but he IS wounded and out of it which means...

+++ NEW OBJECTIVE +++

Protect the Colonel, he must survive the battle.

Three Scavs with ranged weapons appear on the left Flank making a dash for cover...

Three more appear on the right Flank too.

OVERVIEWS

FORGET STEALTH, YOU'VE BEEN RUMBLED

*STAB!* *BOINK!* *STAB!* *BOINK!*

Last edited by Warhead on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby BFenix » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:44 pm

Wow, that was freakin intense! Damn you scavs, with your glued on faces, double heads and peach mutations!

We can send in our orders right Warhead? I reach for my rifle, grab my Hive Launcher and fire at the damaged hardsuit, then sprint to the Colonels location to aid him.

I need cover fire! Three scavs closing up on our left and right flank!
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:49 pm

Two should be enough to drag him in and as many as you think you need for cover.

Sorry Gentlemen, yes, please start placing those orders. Somebody wake up Hicks... and maybe help Killer K out while your at it.

@BFenix: The way I see it, everyone who has Lego has one of these untamed Wastelands lying over the carpet in their room. These are the denizens that infest it underneath and in-between the Lego. They build and use what they can find. This is one of the reasons you sometimes can't find parts in amongst Lego.
I like to see these guys as sort of like the Humans in the Twisted ruins of the cities in Terminator (the first one) I think that's where I got the initial idea when i was a kid. Then I just took any broken or fucked up looking stuff and pieced them together. This story your living right now is just another tale from my past, you're about to see someone get Immortalised, if you live long enough. Oh, and if you think what you've faced is Scavy enough, just wait. It gets far worse. :twisted:
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Hoboman » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:17 pm

Great read Warhead. Good photos and fun action.

I look forward to the next turn. :D
Read the Forum Code & check out The Wiki

"What do you mean I lost another battle?"
Hoboman
My Little Pony

Postby Warhead » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:25 pm

Thanks, Hobo. You should have signed up dude.

Ok, who does Brikwars front page now? Not even a sniff at ZZD but not this time. This needs to go on it to show those fekless bastards we ain't fucking dead. :twisted: Man, I'm pumped after that turn.

I'll Wiki the Scavs at some point too.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby Ex-Lep » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:28 pm

indeed, the pics/narrative are a lot better than most.
We are Forum.
We are schizophrenic.
We are paranoid.
We are many.
We have multiple personality disorder.
We have no ruler.
We will devour you.
You will join us, sane or not.
Ex-Lep
Cannon Fodder

Postby BFenix » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:29 pm

Warhead wrote:@BFenix: The way I see it, everyone who has Lego has one of these untamed Wastelands lying over the carpet in their room. These are the denizens that infest it underneath and in-between the Lego. They build and use what they can find. This is one of the reasons you sometimes can't find parts in amongst Lego.
I like to see these guys as sort of like the Humans in the Twisted ruins of the cities in Terminator (the first one) I think that's where I got the initial idea when I was a kid. Then I just took any broken or fucked up looking stuff and pieced them together. This story your living right now is just another tale from my past, you're about to see someone get Immortalised, if you live long enough. Oh, and if you think what you've faced is Scavy enough, just wait. It gets far worse. :twisted:

:shock: Fiendish devils! Its so frustrating to look for The Missing Piece! So it is these punks authority eh? Ill show them!

Good to know your inspiration came from reliable sources :)
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Moronstudios » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:30 pm

Open the barrel, with my OTC if I must.
This has been a rather enjoyable battle so far, and it will only get better.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194
Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Postby piltogg » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:34 pm

I direct my fire at the crab. If someone already got him, then get the next closest dude.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby MasterEcabob » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:46 pm

HOLD THE LINE!

...behind cover, preferably. Just so long as the others can get the Col. to safety.

Very good show Warhead, as if it wasn't obvious already. Looking forward to the rest of the battle.
jifel wrote:"Any fool can make something bigger and more dangerous, but it takes an intelligent man to do the opposite."

As if we care. More explosives!
MasterEcabob
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Apollyon » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:41 am

Warhead wrote:Somebody wake up Hicks...

Since there is nothing else to do for me on sunday i might have to watch Aliens now. Nice battle, too!
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
My Little Pony

Postby Keldoclock » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:33 am

:man:
You didn't do my orders. I was kinda hoping that you'd have the rat mutate into something that is actually dangerous.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:44 am

Sssh...

Apollyon wrote:
Warhead wrote:Somebody wake up Hicks...

Since there is nothing else to do for me on sunday I might have to watch Aliens now. Nice battle, too!

Need orders too mate.

EDIT: Damn you and your Aoffoan looking Name!!!
Last edited by Warhead on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Motherfucker!
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby RJ » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:10 am

You know what would make this better? If I had known it existed.
dilanski wrote:Have your imaginary balls exploded all over the keypad or something?
RJ
Mega Blok

Postby Killer Karetsu » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:34 am

Someone! FISH! I need backup!

Bash that stabbing bitch against the wall to make her/him lose grip oh me and then saw the dimmy bastard! RAAARGH! Let them come!
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!
Killer Karetsu
Mega Blok

Next

Return to Forum Battles