Visage [PD:Ov2 DEMO]

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Postby Olothontor » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:30 am

enders_shadow wrote:EDIT: @Oloth: any chance the skullish wizard in your profile is gonna be the dungeon boss?


Unfortunately, that would be stealing. The sprite is an edited sprite from the old Rolan game (Gameboy Color, I believe it was for). I took it from a ripped spritesheet and decided to color it for the lulz.

No, no. I have other things in mind for the boss. Don't you worry.

Image

"Preparations are made, and the loot is divvied up between the both of you. Then, you make your way back to the starting point and stand at the threshold of the second door, Eldaric leading the way."

"The heavy wooden door creaks open to reveal a dusty, barren room with cracked cobblestone floors. The musk of death hangs quite heavily here, and the source is apparent. Lining the far wall is a series of alcoves, each of which bears an upright skeleton. At the sound of the door, the eye sockets begin to glow an eerie blood red, and they raise their weapons... "


Announcement wrote: Battle Mode active. Warning: Encounter of Medium Difficulty ahead. Engage with caution. Note: You may shut the door on an encounter in the first round of combat and the enemies will not pursue, however you get no rewards for that room (chests, creature loot, fudge points, etc). The room will still count as explored, and will factor into the number of rooms it takes to reach the Boss room.


Knife Skeleton 1 wrote: M2 R1 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2

Knife Skeleton 2 wrote: M2 R1 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2

Bow Skeleton 1 wrote: M1 R3 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2

Bow Skeleton 2 wrote: M1 R3 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2


Ross wrote: S5 D1 W3 M1 AP6 HP16(15) -HndAxe -ClothA -Pot.Acid

Eldaric wrote: S1 D4 W4 M2 AP8 HP13 -Bow -PairDaggers -Pot.Rest -Pot.Stone
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby enders_shadow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:50 am

so... should we take 'em on? only 2 hp each, so if we actually hit them, we should be fine. :?
I'll wait on you, Ross, but if we do attack them, move up into the doorway so I can shoot the one across from me, but they can't reach me
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Postby Ross_Varn » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:23 pm

I think we'll try the doorway blocking technique again. Unfortunately, two of them are armed with a bow, so we may have a problem with that... Perhaps we could withdraw and entice them through the doorway next turn? Let's see...

Ok, tactics. The bow skeles will not be able to hit us this turn if we stay right where we are, but we won't be able to attack them. I'll move two spaces forwards and defend against the bow archer while you take your shot. Next turn of combat will involve rushing the second bowman.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby enders_shadow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:39 pm

except you can't move two spaces. how about I move up one space, take a potshot at the bow skele in front of me, and then we can retreat, b/c none of the others can shoot at me.

their armor is only 5, and my dex is 4, so I'd have to get a pretty fail roll to not kill him this turn :wink:
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Postby Ross_Varn » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:40 pm

True. I'll back out of the way so you have room to retreat. We'll pull them through the doorway and end them in here.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby enders_shadow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:43 pm

sounds good, and don't forget we can use our special action stuff... if we need to

Move up one step into the doorway, and shoot the bow wielding skellie across from me (making sure to hit that sunofabitch)
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Postby Olothontor » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:46 pm

So, Eldaric is moving up and taking a shot at Bow Skellie #1, and Ross is moving back one? Got it.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby Robot Monkey » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:48 pm

Any chance I could reserve a spot in this game?
If not, that's cool...
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

Postby Olothontor » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:04 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:Any chance I could reserve a spot in this game?
If not, that's cool...


No, I'd like to leave it open. Currently, I'm not even sure there'll BE other slots available later. I may just leave it at 2 players.

Image

"Eldaric moves past the threshold of the doorway and fires an arrow dead ahead (to hit: 3), blowing the head clean off of the archer skeleton ahead of him (damage: 2)."

"Ross takes a step back and readies his axe."

"The skeletons move in around Eldaric slowly."


Knife Skeleton 1 wrote: M2 R1 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2

Knife Skeleton 2 wrote: M2 R1 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2

Bow Skeleton 1 wrote: M1 R3 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2

Bow Skeleton 2 wrote: Fatality!


Ross wrote: S5 D1 W3 M1 AP6 HP16(15) -HndAxe -ClothA -Pot.Acid

Eldaric wrote: S1 D4 W4 M2 AP8 HP13 -Bow -PairDaggers -Pot.Rest -Pot.Stone
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby enders_shadow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:10 pm

step back two steps through the door, and shoot the knife skellie #1 if he comes in range
Last edited by enders_shadow on Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Postby Ross_Varn » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:59 pm

Wait what- oh. Dammit. I guess I should have said stand still.

Ross moves forward, waiting for Eld to move out of the doorway.
User avatar
Ross_Varn
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5651
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Location: Procrastinating.

Postby enders_shadow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:04 pm

nah, its okay, we can work with this. just remember that you need movement it the future :P hopefully everything'll work out so that I can shoot the two knife skellies, and then you can maul the bow one, and then everyone's happy :D
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Postby Olothontor » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:26 pm

Alright.

Speaking of which, I've been doing things wrong: it says in he rulebook under Combat that you get to either Move, Attack, or use an item. This means you may not move AND attack in the same turn.

I think I'll also shamelessly steal something from D&D: held actions. Declaring that you are holding your action until [event x] means that you do nothing until [event x], in which case you act according to the action you gave when you said you were holding. Unlike D&D, though, holding does NOT bump your character up in the turn order; the following round he will return to his normal place within the order (which as you may have guessed at this point is based on Dex, Monsters always go after Players).

Mr. Example wrote: OH NOES A SKELLIE. I'm going to hold my action until the bastard moves forward, and then I'm going to hit him with my walking stick. Hard.

*Skellie shuffles forward on his turn*

*BONK*


We'll see how this works out.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby enders_shadow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:34 pm

hmmm... than I'll take a couple steps back, and exchange weapons for my pair of daggers (that should be a swift action, right? if not, don't worry about that part)
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Location: The logical answer would be

Postby Olothontor » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:37 pm

Image

"No attacks are made, as everyone moves into place... "

"Eldaric stashes his bow and pulls it his new daggers, ready to take on anything that passes the doorway.

"Nothing comes from behind the door. These skeletons appear to have some intelligence behind their lifeless eyes."


Knife Skeleton 1 wrote: M2 R1 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2

Knife Skeleton 2 wrote: M2 R1 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2

Bow Skeleton 1 wrote: M1 R3 A5 H1-2 D1 HP2


Ross wrote: S5 D1 W3 M1 AP6 HP16(15) -HndAxe -ClothA -Pot.Acid

Eldaric wrote: S1 D4 W4 M2 AP8 HP13 -Bow -PairDaggers -Pot.Rest -Pot.Stone
Last edited by Olothontor on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Image
User avatar
Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2484
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:29 pm
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

PreviousNext

Return to Lesser Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Tzan and 1 guest