Paladin Corps vehicles (warning: extremely pic heavy)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Postby Pwnerade » Sun May 15, 2011 1:30 am

I love the nose of the dropship.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Postby White Nun » Sun May 15, 2011 1:46 am

Seriously business-like in everyway. I like the blocky bulk of it that makes it look every inch a war transport ship.
White Nun
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Warhead » Sun May 15, 2011 3:19 am

Wow! Great looking assault transport. I'd love to see a couple of these pictured landing troops in a warzone. Great job Ender! :guinness:
Warhead
Blockguy

Postby enders_shadow » Sun May 15, 2011 3:45 pm

thanks for the comments, all! Warhead: I currently have next to no gray bricks left, so building another one is completely out of he question. I can, however, make a little skirmish for the one I have, as I am getting light bley baseplates for my birthday, and I expect I'll turn those into some sort of ruin or something. I need to order from brickarms (or whatever retailer sells to PA now :roll: ) and equip my troops, as they have undergone a serious switch of weapons, and I now have a whole new squad of regulars (yay!) so it might take a while
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby RoC77 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:14 am

I like the the transport, I didn't notice those pieces on the cockpit kinda matched, I might try that later on a bigger aircraft. I like the design, the only C & C I have is to bulk up the engines a bit. Great job overall though.
TROLOLO
RoC77
Playmobil

Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Postby Ross_Varn » Mon May 16, 2011 11:47 am

I'm liking the Paladin's loadout. Battle time!
Ross_Varn
Blockguy

Postby enders_shadow » Mon May 16, 2011 3:44 pm

RoC77 wrote:Only C & C I have is bulk up the engines a bit

yeah, I tried that (used the wheels from the turbo tank stacked up) but it didn't look quite right... I f you have any suggestions as to what I could use, it would be greatly appreciated :) .

And war is coming, but first I need to give the troops weapons (that would help their chances of winning, wouldn't it?)
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby MicVash » Mon May 16, 2011 4:41 pm

enders_shadow wrote:
RoC77 wrote:Only C & C I have is bulk up the engines a bit

yeah, I tried that (used the wheels from the turbo tank stacked up) but it didn't look quite right... I f you have any suggestions as to what I could use, it would be greatly appreciated :) .

I think if you double stacked the engines like you said, it wouldn't look so weird if you placed the engines right next to the body of the aircraft and then attached the wings. Basically the opposite setup of what you have now.
MicVash
Officer

Postby Theblackdog » Mon May 16, 2011 5:09 pm

I love the nose of the dropship, but the wings and engines look unfinished. Maybe you could try using plates stacked on top of each other instead of bricks to stiffen the wings.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby enders_shadow » Mon May 16, 2011 5:13 pm

the point of the double wings was to reduce weight, though I might put paneling on the technic bricks, or missiles, haven't decided yet. also, what do you mean MicVash? like put the turbines right next to the body, and have the wings stick out?
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby RoC77 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:48 pm

enders_shadow wrote:the point of the double wings was to reduce weight, though I might put paneling on the technic bricks, or missiles, haven't decided yet. also, what do you mean MicVash? like put the turbines right next to the body, and have the wings stick out?

You based your design off of Sean Flynn, which used had vectoring props which tilted at the end of the wings. Since you're going to be using thrusters, you don’t necessarily have to put them at the wing tips since they don’t need as much clearance as the props. You can mount them closer to the body of the aircraft. Most of my VTOL's follow that concept.

I can't really tell you how to build a sufficient engine since I don't know what you have available(and discovering it yourself is half the fun), all I can suggest is just play around with the pieces you have until you have something you like. With what you've shown us so far, I know you can build a better engine than what you have right now. Heck, with some tweaking your strike pod would make a good engine too...
TROLOLO
RoC77
Playmobil

Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Postby enders_shadow » Mon May 16, 2011 7:10 pm

hmmm... so make the engines more horizontal than vertical, and do away with the wings. and make bigger engines. I might be able to do that.... It could look weird though, because the body itself is so large, and if I get rid of the wings it'll look kind of like a slug.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby MicVash » Tue May 17, 2011 1:24 am

RoC77 wrote:
enders_shadow wrote:
You based your design off of Sean Flynn, which used had vectoring props which tilted at the end of the wings. Since you're going to be using thrusters, you don’t necessarily have to put them at the wing tips since they don’t need as much clearance as the props. You can mount them closer to the body of the aircraft. Most of my VTOL's follow that concept.

I mean exactly as Roc had put it. Now, to prevent your craft from looking like a slug you simply need to blend the wing and engine together. Start with the engine close to the body. Shape it to have somewhat of a winged shape. Add a small extension of regular wing to the outer edges of the engine.

Here's another example: 'Shrike' by The Brothers Merz

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebrother ... otostream/

What I'm trying to say is that you can effectively shape your engines so that they become essentially 'wings'

Also, it is not a matter of if the engines are horizontal or vertical. In fact, that's just the way the engine happened to be titled in the picture. The engine should be able to pivot so that the craft has VTOL capabilities. So...in take off mode, you'll see the engines vertical as you had them. And in flight mode, horizontal, as you saw in the other examples.
MicVash
Officer

Postby enders_shadow » Tue May 17, 2011 3:56 pm

well then, I'll see what I can do.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby enders_shadow » Tue May 17, 2011 10:06 pm

okay, after another hour of building, I have finished the redesign of the wings.

welcome to the Assipiter mk.II
working mostly from memory of RoC's stuff, and whatever the hell I wanted to tack on, I think it came out pretty well. another added benefit is I got a place to house a couple light repeating laser cannons, which is always nice :) .
the back
now, with troops (because I forgot to take pics of that in the first set)
and the closeup of the laser cannon
with thrusters in the takeoff position
and finally, next to the Micantis for a size comparison. Also note the new turret on the Micantis, I needed the minigun for something else :twisted:

comments, suggestions, anything else you want to post here, ect.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury