Briktoid Automata

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Briktoid Automata

Postby Whiteagle » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:40 pm

You know all those people who said I can't attack anything with LDD creations?

Image

Yeah... FUCK ALL YA'LL!
User avatar
Whiteagle
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby OneEye589 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:27 pm

Yea, you still can't attack anything with LDD creations.
User avatar
OneEye589
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4255
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: New York

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Whiteagle » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:30 pm

OneEye589 wrote:Yea, you still can't attack anything with LDD creations.

That's because I've yet to buy the bricks to build them, duh.

But now I actually DO have a physical army with which to carry out my wrath!
User avatar
Whiteagle
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby BFenix » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:35 pm

Glad you got your hands on some bricks. Yet, droids or overall SW stuff is an easy way of making a generic and unoriginal army. Mostly droids. You planning on converting those or something? Unless you want a CIS army of course.
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
User avatar
BFenix
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4681
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: City Of Ravens (Lisbon)

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Whiteagle » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:56 pm

BFenix wrote:Glad you got your hands on some bricks. Yet, droids or overall SW stuff is an easy way of making a generic and unoriginal army. Mostly droids. You planning on converting those or something? Unless you want a CIS army of course.

Well kinda sorta...
You see, I love Battle Droids, but I've got no real love for the Separatist or a lot of their vehicles.

Therefore this army will be the Briktoid Automata, a rouge faction of Grade Federation droids who rebelled so they could play vidagames in peace.
Unfortunately, this is the Brikwars Universe, so they rarely have a chance to set up a proper LAN party before some manics start making a racket.

Thus, legions of Space Skeletons are sent out to exterminate such nuisances as they arise.

As I've said in another thread, I did have a group of droids whose arms all broke, so I'm planning on eventually turning those into "Special" units, as well as adding Astromeks for Heros and/or Resurrectors.
Then there are the vehicles, which I'll be doing in LDD before hopefully buying and building.
User avatar
Whiteagle
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Bragallot » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:54 pm

Battledroids are good for filling the ranks, I happened to have a tidy collection just sitting about already when I first started Brikwars so that's exactly what they're doing now. I can't stand how they can only hold blasters sideways though, so I have them claw people apart instead.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
User avatar
Bragallot
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5312
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Gloating over my driver's license

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Whiteagle » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:48 pm

Bragallot wrote:Battledroids are good for filling the ranks, I happened to have a tidy collection just sitting about already when I first started Brikwars so that's exactly what they're doing now. I can't stand how they can only hold blasters sideways though, so I have them claw people apart instead.

Then new ones come with hands that are perpenducular, so that's no longer a problem.
User avatar
Whiteagle
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Kastrenzo » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:16 am

There really isn't a lot you -can- do with Battle Droid parts, I mean I once made a small contraption using nothing but Battle droid arms and torsos, parts I couldnt find heads and legs for, and it somewhat resembled a Destroyer Droid, but again, there isn't much you can use them for except battle droids.

They tend t be cheaper aswell, and available in higher numbers

I think that this year's Star Wars sets are garbage, very dissapointed in them.
Image
User avatar
Kastrenzo
Minifig
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:49 am

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Joshua A.C. Newman » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Kastrenzo wrote:There really isn't a lot you -can- do with Battle Droid parts, I mean I once made a small contraption using nothing but Battle droid arms and torsos, parts I couldnt find heads and legs for, and it somewhat resembled a Destroyer Droid, but again, there isn't much you can use them for except battle droids.


Boy, is that wrong.

Torsos are the only piece with a handle at both ends and a stud in the middle. They're quite dense for what you can do with them. Heads make great claws. Arms have clips at either end and I want to play with the new 90° ones.
the glyphpress: science fiction games about science and fiction
TROLOLO
Joshua A.C. Newman
Hero
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:03 pm
Location: Western Massachusetts

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Whiteagle » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:45 pm

Joshua A.C. Newman wrote:
Kastrenzo wrote:There really isn't a lot you -can- do with Battle Droid parts, I mean I once made a small contraption using nothing but Battle droid arms and torsos, parts I couldnt find heads and legs for, and it somewhat resembled a Destroyer Droid, but again, there isn't much you can use them for except battle droids.


Boy, is that wrong.

Torsos are the only piece with a handle at both ends and a stud in the middle. They're quite dense for what you can do with them. Heads make great claws. Arms have clips at either end and I want to play with the new 90° ones.

Indeed.
But a word of warning Josh, they say that the 90° arms are a little weaker then the regular ones.
User avatar
Whiteagle
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Whiteagle » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:09 pm

Ok, how should I stat the two Droid carriers?
They are technically repulsorlift craft, so all the have are slide shoes or skis on the bottom...
User avatar
Whiteagle
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Kastrenzo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:02 am

I Was talking about Fig sized infantry, not big mecha things.
Image
User avatar
Kastrenzo
Minifig
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:49 am

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby RunsWithLegos » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:29 am

you can make dungon swarmers!
User avatar
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2841
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:45 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:59 am

They're vehicles of whatever size they measure out to be. I'd say about 1d10 armor and 8" move sounds about right. The pilot can deploy the carrier pod as an action.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6346
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Re: Briktoid Automata

Postby Rev. Sylvanus » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Kastrenzo wrote:I Was talking about Fig sized infantry, not big mecha things.


doesn't have to be big mech things either. My minotaurs use droid parts; Zahru's angel of death uses droid parts; SaberScorpion's lizardmen use droid parts. There is plenty of room to get creative with excess droidage.
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders
User avatar
Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:14 pm
Location: Appalachia

Next

Return to The Armoury

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests