Grinding

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Grinding

Postby sjosten » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:06 pm

So, after reading and rereading the 2005 rules, I'm still confused about grinding damage. Does it only work on buildings and vehicles? Can you grind off a fig's flesh? Can you kill someone if you roll high enough? Can you fix something if it has taken grinding damage? This is one of the most difficult things for me to understand about BrikWars, but it comes up a lot so I'd like to know I have everything sorted out.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.
sjosten
Minifig

Re: Grinding

Postby stubby » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:16 pm

sjosten wrote:So, after reading and rereading the 2005 rules, I'm still confused about grinding damage. Does it only work on buildings and vehicles? Can you grind off a fig's flesh? Can you kill someone if you roll high enough? Can you fix something if it has taken grinding damage? This is one of the most difficult things for me to understand about BrikWars, but it comes up a lot so I'd like to know I have everything sorted out.

It works on everything. It's not literally "grinding" per se, it's just any kind of damage that focuses on weakening the target against future attacks rather than on striking a lethal blow.

You can Grind a minifig; this is usually the best way to kill minifigs with Fire, for instance. Fire on a minifig doesn't usually burn hotter than 1d4, not enough to kill it. But it usually also does one point of Grinding Damage per turn (if not extinguished), reducing the minifig's Armor to 3, then 2, then 1, then Dead.

Mechanix are supposed to be able to repair Grinding with Patch Repairs, but I think I forgot to write it in.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Colette » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:33 pm

Honestly, I was thinking of something completely different when I saw this thread.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Natalya » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:10 pm

I also thought about something similar to what Colette posted.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby Zupponn » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:47 am

Colette wrote:Honestly, I was thinking of something completely different when I saw this thread.

stubby wrote:You can Grind a minifig

Also, what I was thinking when I saw this thread's title:
Zupponn
No Lego part truly dies
No Lego part truly dies

Postby HVNSNTSOLDIER » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:06 pm

@Zupponn Think that might be an example of your idea and the rule's idea of grinding in one instance :P
TROLOLO
HVNSNTSOLDIER
Battlefield General

Return to The Rulebook