[MS] Over the Rainbow

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Magic Soap, Zahru II, Thesson

[MS] Over the Rainbow

Postby Colette » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:11 pm

Part 1:

Dr. Paolo Dimitri desperately ran through the streets of planet Lamna trying to get to his meeting. He had impeccable attendance and was always prompt until now. As an executive of one of the foremost financial companies of Trattoria, he knew there was a long list of people waiting for any excuse to fire and replace him.

That was when some strange foreigner hailed towards Dimitri. “Enjoy life and try drugs!” he yelled. Dimitri refused to slacken his pace and tried to ignore him. He hollered back “No drug in the brikverse can work on a Trattorian. GTFO and stop your futile effort.”

Beercart-man refused to give up on his potential customer and replied “I promise I have something new that even you will love.”

Beercart-man then reached into his cart and retrieved a glowing, colorful crystal.

“Rainbow-transparent crystals are the most potent, most effective, and most magical narcotic in the brikverse. Even your notoriously cold and prudish race will fall for my new product.”

The mere scent of the rainbow-transparent was enough to throw Dimitri off-kilter- some strange mixture of vanilla, sugar, and crushed pineapples.

Beercart-man continued to explain “OK, you just bite out of the crystal to use it, and it costs seventy-five thousand...”

“TAKE MY MONEY AND DON’T ASK QUESTIONS,” interrupted Dimitri.

Dr. Dimitri wandered into the conference room exhilarated and somewhat disoriented. His brain was too scattered to notice the disapproving glare of the CEO.

“Dimitri, your current behavior reflects badly on the Alexandrian Insurance Corporation. I’m afraid we must either let you go or demote you from the C-level positions.”

His attention shifted towards the CEO and he mumbled some nonsense. “You look so voluptuous today Ds. Delacour. I also see yellow and pink swirls everywhere.”

“In fact, you want to know why I’m so happy today?” Dimitri asked while pulling out his rainbow-transparent. “Because of this wonderful rock! The glorious rainbows that bring ecstasy and euphoria!”

The CEO found herself, to her horror, loosening a bit in response to the rainbow crystal. Regardless, she held firm and continued to reprimand Dimitri. “You cretinous ignoramus! We have a zero tolerance policy for drugs on the premises here.”

Another corporate officer rises, enticed by the rainbow-transparent’s allure.

“Allow me to partake of some,” she requests.

She immediately becomes attracted to Dimitri upon biting from the rainbow-ore, as they embrace and make out. The other executives become disgusted, back away, and call security to take out the rogues.

A few hours later, a hazmat handles and contains the rainbow-transparent ore in a glass globe container.

Siri and an entourage of Trattoria’s top scientists also arrive to comfort CEO Delacour.

“I’m sorry for the mess- no incident such as this has happened in Trattoria for centuries. I understand the sight of two organisms making love with each other is a mentally-scarring experience for non-biologists, but I assure you that the government is taking appropriate measures to eradicate this new threat to our society.”

Dr. Herndon then takes the floor.

“Of course, we know very little about this rainbow-transparent ore. Our preliminary scans indicate that this material is a composite of multiple anomalous events occurring simultaneously, thereby integrating different transparent elements into one another in a lattice structure. However, its properties diverge significantly from those predicted by Dr. Liang’s Theory of Everything, which has been otherwise proven correct by millions of studies by reputable Trattorian, Scythian, and Assyrian physicists. Simply put, rainbow-transparent ore does not conform to existing scientific theories, and may operate outside the known laws of physics.”
Last edited by Colette on Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Re: [MS] Over the Rainbow

Postby Colette » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:11 pm

Part 2:

Time: 2/17/13 4:13 pm
Description: Negotiations with the Space Mafia

The Space Mafia Godfather Scratch flung a contract towards Beercart-Man.

“Your illegal drug selling abilities are renowned, from what I’ve heard.” the enigmatic godfather articulated.

“While that’s true, it’s only recently that I expanded into illegal narcotics. Wasn’t making enough otherwise,” Beercart-Man replied.

“Anyway, I need a seller I can trust. This is a significant investment, perhaps the biggest the Space Mafia has ever made.”

“We’ve bought millions in professional mining equipment and daily we lose security forces to those pwny natives.”

Scratch threw a sparkling, intensely chromatic lump onto the desk.

“This is rainbow-transparent ore, made of the souls and friendship essences of dead pwnies and the strongest narcotic by far in the brikverse. Micrograms easily overwhelm the combined friendship magic of the entire pwny race. Milligrams are enough to provoke a unique reaction- a high in those ridiculously soulless Trattorians. With rainbow-transparent ore, we will finally be able to introduce Trattoria to the our robust drug market. We will have a monopoly, and considering the prices of rainbow ore...we fully expect a return on our profit, and then some.”

“Alright, I agree to work for you,” consented Beercart-Man.

“Excellent. Expect to see that money flowing in once we introduce the wonderful magic of rainbow-transparent...”
Last edited by Colette on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colette

Postby Quantumsurfer » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:20 pm

Delightful. I expect I'll be putting rainbow transparent in the wiki soon.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Colette.

Postby Kalvinator » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:33 am

Very nice. Trattoria is supposed to be like the Daleks of the brikwars universe right, no emotion all that.... I actually just got an idea...
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby stubby » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:46 am

More like hyper-repressed rather than emotionless, I think.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Silverdream » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:46 am

Kalvinator wrote:Very nice. Trattoria is supposed to be like the Daleks of the brikwars universe right, no emotion all that.... I actually just got an idea...

Hatred is an emotion.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Zupponn » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:46 am

I find this amusing.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby pkbrennan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:50 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:Delightful. I expect I'll be putting rainbow transparent in the wiki soon.

DO EET!

I rather enjoyed that little tale. :D
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."
pkbrennan
Cannon Fodder

Postby Colette » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:02 pm

Just putting it out there for anyone potentially confused, but this is done.
Colette

Postby Theblackdog » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:49 am

Minifigs: 3.5/5. Nothing really jumped out at me, but Scratch looked good. How *does* he fit his head inside a Death Mask?
Photography: 5/5 I saw everything I needed to see, and a couple things I can't unsee. But I won't take points off for those.
Writing: 4/5. Very well executed dialogue, and just enough exposition to keep us in the loop. But I felt like it ended way too early. I have to take points off somewhere for not getting the whole story in on time, so I might as well do it here.
Title: 5/5. Rainbow references are always a plus when writing pwny stories.
Overall appeal: 4/5.

Total score: 21.5/25.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Colette » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:30 am

I personally have as a policy that my results are final so :idc: , but this is the entire story. There were no plans for more- I had to do this whole thing in like three hours.
Colette

Postby Bragallot » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:55 am

Hey! What is that guy in the back doing there?
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Postby pkbrennan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:25 am

Looks like the nasty, to me...
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."
pkbrennan
Cannon Fodder

Postby Theblackdog » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:46 am

Colette wrote:I personally have as a policy that my results are final so :idc: , but this is the entire story. There were no plans for more- I had to do this whole thing in like three hours.

I dunno, it still kinda *felt* incomplete somehow. Still, what you have is good.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Kalvinator » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:42 pm

Quick question, what set did you get that guy in the blue suit?
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Next

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board