Mechanized Slaughter

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Killer Karetsu

Mechanized Slaughter

Postby crimsonanarch » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:47 am

Hi guys,

This was my second Brikwars game ever!, although i must admit, when i say Brikwars, it was more of "read the rules a couple of times, promptly forgot, and then made up some shit."

My childhood best friend was over from NZ, so after spending a couple of days making stuff, it was time to break it all :)

There were about ~16 vehicles on each side, and about 50 to 60 minifigs as well. (we didn't count, so i think i snuck a few more in there :) I used some random buildings and some civilian vehicles to create the 'town'. The green and tan baseplates are supposed to be water :)

It took us about 8 hours to finish this battle. We started around 10pm, went on till about 5 in the morning :studgod: and then finished up the next day

Here are a few photos, there is a link to an imgur folder http://imgur.com/a/HmWjl. Taking photos was kinda a low priority tho, so there were quite a few crucial moments that were not captured :( About half of these photos were taken with a phone, so quality is mixed.

My army.

His Army.

Destruction

In the end i won, primarily because of those few extra minifigs. I also used mediks to put people back together, while Zac used them as vehicle drivers :roll: Sorry Zac.
TROLOLO
crimsonanarch
BrikWars Legend

Re: Mechanized Slaughter

Postby pkbrennan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:30 am

I particularly like the big yellow thing in the top right of the first picture. It looks like it can do serious damage.

There is something fun about taking a bunch of random constructs for a game like this, which is different to having nicely uniformed armies. It looks more chaotic, kinda like Mad Max of Lego...
The World of Pekab & the Anarcho-Syndicalist Adventurers Guild <== new site

"Everything needs more Dakka, including the Dakka..."
pkbrennan
Cannon Fodder

Postby Ben-Jammin » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:56 pm

Nice way to introduce yourself to the forums, though I wish there was more pictures.

crimsonanarch wrote:although i must admit, when i say Brikwars, it was more of "read the rules a couple of times, promptly forgot, and then made up some shit."

This is half of what Brikwars is all about, don't feel bad.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby Bragallot » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:16 pm

:sparta:
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Zupponn wrote:I hope to offend everyone.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Location: Trying to find something stupid enough to say to get me a new custom rank.

Postby Theblackdog » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:47 pm

:666:

This battle looked amazing, I always do love mechanized carnage. How long did it take, though? I eventually had to stop doing big mechanized battles because just rolling all the dice involved was tedious.

Some of these vehicles look cool -- you should do an Armory post about them. Especially the big yellow one, which probably qualifies for Superheavy Death Tank status.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.
Theblackdog
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby samuelzz10 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Welcome! You're at home here, if that's what your army looks like.
Spoiler: show
my old sig

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b

Postby Kalvinator » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Welcome to the forum!...And all those vehicles are awesome!
Kalvinator
in need of one still

Postby Brikboyz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Kalvinator wrote:Welcome to the forum!...And all those vehicles are awesome!
:godwin:
Kill the Peach, Burn the Heretic, Purge the Nega!
Spoiler: show
TROLOLO
Brikboyz
Officer

Postby bluebright » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Let's hear it for aus!

I'm not quite sure what 'it' is...
bluebright
Champion

Postby crimsonanarch » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:50 am

Hey thanks guys for the warm welcome.

Nice way to introduce yourself to the forums, though I wish there was more pictures.

Next time i will be much better in terms of taking photos. Also, my photographer(my brother) decided he didn't want to stay up till 5 in the morning :fist:

This battle looked amazing, I always do love mechanized carnage. How long did it take, though? I eventually had to stop doing big mechanized battles because just rolling all the dice involved was tedious.

Some of these vehicles look cool -- you should do an Armory post about them. Especially the big yellow one, which probably qualifies for Superheavy Death Tank status.

This took 8 hours, so yeah, kinda long. If I have time next week I will do an Armoury Post, although i have changed some of these vehicles, and i need to think up a good backstory lol.
TROLOLO
crimsonanarch
BrikWars Legend

Postby Ben-Jammin » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:16 am

crimsonanarch wrote:This took 8 hours, so yeah, kinda long. If I have time next week I will do an Armoury Post, although i have changed some of these vehicles, and i need to think up a good backstory lol.

Wow, the longest battle I've ever staged was about two and a half hours. I could never have that kind of patience.
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby darkpaladin » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:21 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:
crimsonanarch wrote:This took 8 hours, so yeah, kinda long. If I have time next week I will do an Armoury Post, although i have changed some of these vehicles, and i need to think up a good backstory lol.

Wow, the longest battle I've ever staged was about two and a half hours. I could never have that kind of patience.

In long battles I always stretch or run around (but still in sight of the table) when it's not my turn, it calms you down and distracts your opponents in one fell swoop :twisted:
darkpaladin
Officer

Return to Reports From the Field