Stealth Rules

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Stealth Rules

Postby Elmagnifico » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:23 am

This guy seems to have some pretty good stealth rules going. You roll to see if your guy sees him, and if you fail, he's unseen. If you succeed, the guy who succeeded can

A)spend an action to tell his buddies

B)attack

If B) and he gets killed by the stealth dude, other troopers have to roll to see the stealthman

I like these because:

6. No quantum physix!

7. the more eyes you have watching, the better.
READTHEFORUMCODE!!!
Varsaavius wrote:As the size of the explosion increases, the amount of social situations it can't resolve approaches zero.
Elmagnifico
Mega Blok

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:19 pm

Just to clarify, current stealth rules just add +1 to a unit's cover at half speed, and +2 when stopped. If you ever total it up to +3 total, you're hidden unless a scout spots you (which is just a field-of-vision thing).

I will admit that I like these rules a lot, but they need polishing.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby tahthing » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:24 pm

what about ultimate stelth like invisability capes.
bad spelers of the word untie.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby pesgores » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:33 pm

For me:

Stealth=camouflage

For each body piece with the same color as the surronding surface, you may add 1 to the maximum camouflage value (2 arms, 2 legs, 1 torso, 1 head, which means 6 points maximum), with a minimum of 3 (which means you can't be "stealthy" if only your head is camouflaged, even if it gives you 1 of CV, Camouflage Value).

Then, the average minifig will roll 1d6. If the value exceeds the CV, the trooper will see it. If it is exactly the same, roll again and, if you roll more than or the same as the CV, the trooper sees the stealth unit.

It's easy. I use it a lot, actually.

Then there's blend-camo, which mimics a CV of 6, but costs 10CP (for those who use it).
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby birdman » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:52 pm

the game my company makes ripped off rayhawks old way of doing it.
birdman
Galidor

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:10 pm

I simplefied Pesgores camouflage rules: For every part of camouflage that has the same color as the back ground from the targeting unit his point of view he gets -1 to his skill roll as long as the targeting unit isn't aware of the camouflaged unit. The camouflage only works if the unit is stationary.
This is great for stuff like ghillie suits. The different between stealth and camo is that if you shoot at your target the affect doesn't disaapear so you stil are harder to hit and it also works against scouts.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Return to The Rulebook