Robotic Redshirt

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Robotic Redshirt

Postby Leprechaun » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:57 am

Im developing a squad to follow and protect my hero in my next battle.
Im also including a pair of taser-armed mouse droid-like things, and I was wondering if it was possible for them to redshirt for hero? After all, the redshirt ability lists it as "one friendly unit" but does this include creations?
Damnit! Where's my camera?
Leprechaun
Minifig

Postby piltogg » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:15 pm

in game terms that would seem fine, but in real life that probally wouldn't work so I would avoid it if I where you.
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:27 pm

As long as the CP cost is less than that of the hero, it's totally fine. Remember, a minifig is technically a creation with size 1, 5" of movement, and a mind.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby ColourSchemer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:35 pm

I would argue that to RedShirt, the creation has to have an intellegence equal to or greater than a trooper, but less than the hero's. (If it is smarter than the hero, the droid is likely to take up the mantle of officer itself).

I also think it should have to be approximately minifig sized and oriented. Since you mention mouse droids, that implies wheels and a low profile. Unless they have jump jets or some other method for getting airborne, they couldn't redshirt and shot aimed above the hero's knees.
ColourSchemer
Officer

Postby tahthing » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:12 pm

i just use body gaurds, they can take the shot but are likely to survive, also they can help fight off whats attacking the hero.

a spawm of flying redshirts would work though.
"some people are like slinkies there really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs"
"Triangalism! What's the fuckin' point!"
Spoiler: show
I am the muffinman
tahthing
Mega Blok

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:29 pm

ColourSchemer wrote:Unless they have jump jets or some other method for getting airborne, they couldn't redshirt and shot aimed above the hero's knees.

The funny thing about redshirts is that they defy the laws of physics to sacrafice themselves. It's one of the inherent qualaties of redshirting that makes it hilarious.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby OneEye589 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:59 pm

As long as it had any kind of intelligence, even a half-mind I would say. Technically it's the Hero's ability, not the ability of the RedShirt. As long as it were able to get in front of the Hero, it should be able to.

I would also say that a creation that has a pilot in it at the time could RedShirt. As long as it can move by itself or it is being piloted, it's fair game in my book.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Return to The Rulebook