Noob Questions Round IV

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

Noob Questions Round IV

Postby Cpt. Zipps » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:15 pm

Yet another installment of my Noobish questions.

Would it be fair to use 2001 weapons in a 2005 game?

In battles with large spaceships, can they attack the ground units or only other space/air units?( I kind of hope the Natalya will answer this one because she would probably be an expert.)

That's all for now.

EDIT: I thought of another one, how do shields works for spaceships(Cost, size, operation, effect)
Last edited by Cpt. Zipps on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt. Zipps
Playmobil

Re: Noob Questions Round IV

Postby davee123 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:30 pm

Cpt. Zipps wrote:Would it be fair to use 2001 weapons in a 2005 game?

Depends on your and your opponents' definitions of "fair", I guess :) There are things in the 2001 rules that are out of whack with the 2005 rules, although in general I think the 2005 rules will get you a little more bang-for-your-buck. But there's some strange things in the 2k1 rules that are rather unfair, even in their own ruleset, like Stone Skin, modified flame throwers, and Stealth.

If you don't care about scoring and are just out to have a fun game blowing each other up, then sure! But if you're some variety of Anorak overlords, then don't combine rulesets. Of course, if you're an Anorak overlord, you'd be using the 2k1 rules anyway.

DaveE
TROLOLO
davee123
Nice Dubs

Postby OneEye589 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:30 pm

As long as both teams are using the same rules-set for each thing it would definitely be fair. If you use 2005 rules for everything but weapons, and then both players use 2001 weapons, go for it.

Spaceships is personal preference. Personally I just think it depends on range. If the spaceship is out of range of things on the ground, you have to take that into account on both sides, ground and air units.

Shields, just do a regular shield for the ship itself, but then create your own item to give it a chance of not taking damage. For some CP based on the cost of the ship, you could make a shield generator that gives you a fifty percent chance (flip a coin) of taking no damage, otherwise you take damage as usual.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby birdman » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:31 pm

Or you could use the 2001 rules version of shields...
birdman
Galidor

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:09 pm

You know, I haven't seen a single one of your "Noob Questions" that can't just be solved with a "well, this seams reasonably fair, let's try this idea...".

Yes, you can use 2001 weapons with 2005 rules no problem. If you're trying to keep things tactical and balanced, as opposed to exploiting loopholes for massive damage I wouldn't try it, but if you just want to have fun go for it.

Yes. Anything can attack any other thing that is within range.

There's no "official" rules for shields. No reason you can't invent your own!
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby Greenkey15 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:28 pm

I say if you want a WWI(I) style, 1-hit kills type battle, go for 2001 weapons. It will be very, very rare a hit won't kill a 2005 minifig. I suggest using 1998 guns and units, as they are almost balanced completely to 2005. The guns still result in massive epic 1-hit kill battles, but the units are good and fair, as their armor and skill are nearly the same.
Greenkey15
Cannon Fodder

Return to The Rulebook