Epic space supplement. Update with races and organic ships

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Strana
Dimmy

Post by Strana » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:54 pm

probably need some rules for breaching and boarding. as some armys are based around this in fact its a good idea to base your force around this concept if you can't or don't have the means necessary to build full fledged spaceships, docking/launching fighters could just be a skill roll, if you don't make x bad stuff happens based on a chart with modifiers from how far you missed the target number. simple straight forward and with some work hillarious.
DARN
Heavy Destroyer Class Carrier Hybrid HODGEPODGE
# odds and ends: a motley assortment of things
# patchwork: a theory or argument made up of miscellaneous or incongruous ideas

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:02 pm

Link has failed.

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Post by dilanski » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:33 am

Fixed link.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Strana
Dimmy

Post by Strana » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:29 am

im going to go ahead and test the rules, out i have enough of a fleet that i should be able to have a good fight ill report effectiveness, after.
DARN

Cpl. Halan
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cpl. Halan » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:57 am

dilanski wrote:
Warhead wrote:A Battlecruiser is still a cruiser, it's just a heavier type of cruiser so the next stage up. Battleships and Dreadnoughts are bigger by far.
Actually Battle cruisers are bigger than battleships and trade armour or weapons for speed, I spent a while browsing wikipedia for this.
HMS Hood, the largest battlecruiser ever built, was bigger than any of Britain's battleships until the commissioning of HMS Vanguard in 1946. She was the largest warship afloat before Bismarck, in combat with which Hoodwas destroyed with the loss of all but three of her crew during the Battle of the Denmark Strait
OK, I just have to say that the Hood was the pride of the royal navy and is a messed up comparison to the average british battleship, compare the repulse or the renown and you'll see that battleships are bigger
Fire, Fire, burning bright
Burning down the house tonight

Heroism is not the ability to kick ass. It is the willingness to use this ability on any poor bastard who so much as looks at you funny.

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:01 pm

Strana wrote:im going to go ahead and test the rules, out I have enough of a fleet that I should be able to have a good fight ill report effectiveness, after.
Ooh, this will be interesting, also will you be testing out black holes, and wormholes?

Strana
Dimmy

Post by Strana » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:18 pm

well not black holes and worm holes though if you want a good space war refernece get the 'Stars at WAR' books 1 and 2 they have a very interesting look at combat because of wormholes
(they don't have a hyperspace drive).
DARN

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:43 pm

Strana wrote:well not black holes and worm holes though if you want a good space war refernece get the 'Stars at WAR' books 1 and 2 they have a very interesting look at combat because of wormholes
(they don't have a hyperspace drive).
the idea was that these fleet games would be played in large areas, and worm holes would allow instant travel for non warp/slow warp ships.

Strana
Dimmy

Post by Strana » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:54 am

unfortunatly i don't have a barn near by to use and at up to 30~ft of warp travel im not going to need it just yet. nor do i have enough vessels to make that kind of battle level practicle, hopefully later though :)
DARN

Strana
Dimmy

Post by Strana » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:58 pm

ok i tried your rules with some of my own included. mainly a modified hp system so the game doesn't last forever and anon. it owrked pretty well. what would be awesome especially using wormhole system it would be cool to run a massive space game with several rooms (in a house) all playing at the same time. this would be a very interesting point of battle. The shield system worked excelently by the way. next ill get a large field using all the ships. oh on another note. since in minifig space, ships can be up to 3+feet long it behooves the loosening of rules, in construction of your ship go ahead and ignore size limitations for guns, as a miniful defensive weapon is a class III weapon in most cases. the 18" supply good cover, also im working on a ship mas to engine mass to engine cost table, so that balance can be maintianed between differing vessels.
DARN

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:02 pm

Well i'm know thinking about expanding some of my ideas, maybe alien species and organic ships with regenerative properties.

which will give me a more inventive use for my troll heads and mars mission parts. anything else, anyone can think of?

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:58 pm

Right now i'm writing a section on SUCKING.........the life outta enemies. I can't BREATE IM LAUGHING/CHOKING SO HARD!

birdman
Galidor
Galidor

Post by birdman » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:47 pm

BAN (him). Now.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:13 pm

What is with you and banning people?

Strana
Dimmy

Post by Strana » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:34 pm

im suprised he has not called down banishment upon himself.

Tough as that daffodil he picked earlier:these guys are smart clever ingenuitive, and very very, punifl, any species with this atribute get, +5 to any brain related action, an -5 to any strength related action. cost 0CP

they are going to have a hard time opening door, are you using the 2001 rules for sl in 2005 sl only goes up to lvl 5 . most of it looks pretty good, and its comin along quite nicely.

im still working on the engine tables.

though i have modified this. ships can go up to 30" fighter and shuttles can go up to 60" in space, however they can not make any sort of turn for 2 turns though they may slow down.

cause lets face it many of the larger ships will not be moving over thier own length in a turn.
DARN