Brikwars/Quikwars

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Killer Karetsu

Postby muffinman42 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:57 am

I've often played games with NO effects, since clearing up all those red tiles/plates can get annoying, finding 2x2 trans-orange discs to hold fire upright is hard(my fire collection has got mixed in when it fell off my deck :( )

due to a bricklink order i have a ton of trans-clear 1x8 SW guns(the ones that have 2 studs at one end and 1 at the other, and a stud receiver on each end) which make great flying/jumping stands.
muffinman42
Mega Blok

Postby Ranger S2H » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:18 pm

I agree with natalya, this has the spirit of a good brikwar.
the only thing I might change, except the stuff about dungans and peaches etc. is that you had a fighter but the enemy didnt have much anti air or vehicle weapons.

btw: IMO bottlenecks can be fun, but only if both armies send in their troops to hold it at all costs, for maximum carnage. you were right to recognise and execute them as cowards.
- I refuse to be stopped by something as irrelevant as logic, the laws of physics, or common sense -

if 20 chickens can fit in a brick, how many pingpongballs does a crocodile have to eat so it can swim faster than a washing machine?
Ranger S2H
Cannon Fodder

Location: deep in dimmy territory, fighting the hordes from the inside.

Postby Jzzy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:23 pm

I loved it, everything was funny. Please make more.

Due to the simplicity and speed of quikwars I plan to play it more often then actual brikwars, seeing as how most of my friends that want to play it have no legos.

:/
TROLOLO
Jzzy
Champion

Postby Zahru II » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:51 pm

I liek the captions.
Zahru II
balls just have this nasty tendency to wear out over time

Postby pesgores » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:44 am

Rody wrote:
NatalyaAF wrote:
Magic Soap wrote:I think she just meant the spirit of the game.

Which is all that matters!!

totally agreed, the point is to have fun. not to make it visually attractive to people watching the pictures.

If both are possible, then it's even better!

AND HAVING BASEPLATES IS GREAT NO MATTER WHAT THEM HATERS SAY
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"
pesgores
The Dear Leader

Postby Jaeman » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:13 am

Looks like a good game, having fun is what matters, admittedly it might have been more visually appealing and less work to have the comments above or below the pictures, but as far as game spirit goes, it looks like you had a great game!

The only issue is...
AdrianTheGeek wrote:I just use microsoft paint.

You don't use many effects in your battle, but if you ever plan on using more of them, you should consider getting modern photo editing softwear.

Paint was good back when the world was 16 bit, but that was then, an this is now. It's now almost as pointless for image editing as notepad is for word processing (though a good pixel editor can still use paint to good effect). Google search the word "Gimp" for a decent free image editor, or you can find a modernized version of the ye olde paint (no real similarities remain, but whatever) at http://www.getpaint.net/ It's also good for image editing.
TROLOLO
Jaeman
Champion

Previous

Return to Reports From the Field