Weapons with clip sizes

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Postby feuer_faust » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:00 pm

Post necromancy engage!

If you want to keep track of things... you could use those little round bits and stick them on the guns or minifig bases. Pop one off each time they fire, and when they're out time to reload.

Maybe only practical for the big guns like rockets or zero-point black hole manipulation and creaiton rays. :)

Or do a Necromunda-style jam roll... on a roll of 1, the weapon jams. Roll another die: on a 1 again it's out of ammo all game, anything else is simply out of ammo for a turn while the minifig reloads.

Or just ignore crunchy bits like ammo. :P
feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Postby Gorchek » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:31 am

That's what I do in my game. When I roll a critical failure on a skill roll, I reroll the dice. The number of 1 I roll in a row tells me how bad things get.

1: The roll fails. Nothing worse.
2: The item used is lost (out of ammo, engine stalled and needs to restart, sword flies off...)
3: The item is destroyed in a painfull fashion. Generaly an explosion.

The nice part of this rule is you can scale the failures to match the scenario. In a zombie survival where ammo is rare, the out of ammo happens on the first 1. If a rebel army is using old and damaged material, the item destroyed moves to two, etc.

Simple, and fast. It also leads to funny situations sometimes...

-What do you mean, you forgot to pick up your ammo?!?
Gorchek
Officer

Postby Rody » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:25 am

or what do you mean, your bow just blew up?
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby Gorchek » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:41 am

Usualy, I'd say the bow's string broke, cutting the user's neck in backlash, but this is brikwars. Who knows what some minis put on their bow? :)
Gorchek
Officer

Previous

Return to Bonus Material